I'll protect her

The Enchantress

 

 

[Verona]

 

“Your Highness, the princess is coming…”

 

“W-what are you saying Gummy? Dara can’t come here, she’ll be in danger.”

 

“Her time will finally move, Your Highness. We can’t change the future. Let’s just pray that the princess will be alright once she arrives here in Verona.”

 

[The day before Dara’s 18th birthday]

 

DONGHAE’s POV

 

I am waiting for Dara here at the school’s gym because I wanted to surprise her before her eighteenth birthday tomorrow. I am now practicing some magic and some tricks to show to her. And my ultimate reason for dating her today is because I really wanted to be her first dance before tomorrow.

 

“Donghae!” I stood up when I heard Eunhyuk. I was about to smile but decided not to because of someone beside him.

 

“Hello lover boy” she smirked at me. I was frozen from my spot when I met her gaze.

 

“Don’t tell me you will still continue your craziness? I swear, if you continue, I will really make that girls life a living hell. You know that you can’t stop me, my dear little Prince.”

 

“Try to touch her and I will really kill you, Hyuna.” I threaten her but she just laughed.

 

“She will hate you once her memories return, my dear little prince. Well, I suggest that you pray hard so that her memories won’t return anymore… Poor little Prince, loving someone who can’t truly love her back. I already told you, you are for me and she’s not the one for you. Not in that world, and also not in this world. Love her all you want but she will ABSOLUTELY leave you for that Prince hahaha! See you when I see you, my Prince” I clenched my fist trying hard to suppress my anger. If looks can kill, that witch will definitely be dead.

 

“I’m sorry, Hae…” Eunhyuk said to me. I just nodded because it’s wrong for me to get angry at my bestfriend. I mean, it’s not his fault. That witch is just pushy… “I’ll wait for you at the car okay? I’ll go now before your Angel arrives” after Eunhyuk disappears, the door suddenly open and I saw my Angel running. I can even hear her catching her breath hahaha.

 

“Angel… Why did you run?” I walked towards her and gave her a rose. She smiled at me and mouthed ‘thank you’.

 

“I… I… D-don’t wa…want to… make… you… wait…” she said while trying to catch her breath.

 

“Aigoo, my angel is so sweet. Next time, don’t run okay? I don’t want you to be tired.”

 

“B…but—“

 

“No more buts okay? It’s okay for me to wait. I don’t care if you are late or not to our date. Always remember that no matter what happens, I will wait for you even if it will take years for you to arrive at our date. I won’t be tired waiting, princess.”

 

“Who… in the right mind would take years just to arrive in a date? Aigoo, your ideas sometimes amazed me, fishy hahahaa” she laughed at me. I just scratch my head because I can’t argue with that hahaha.

 

[Lee’s Mansion]

 

“Are you really trying my patience, Donghae?!” my adoptive father yelled at me.

 

“Dad, I really can’t do this. I love her… I’m sorry”

 

“Why must you do this to me, Donghae? I adopted you in this family and yet you will pay me this?!”

 

“I am really grateful that you adopted me, father. But please don’t use me for your revenge. If you want to take revenge to your rival, don’t involve us here.” I told him. I was about to go out of the room but my dad grabbed my hands. My older sister hurriedly come beside me.

 

“Dad, Donghae is right. Don’t make him do something stupid. If he loves that girl then let him be.”

 

“Jooyeon, stay out of this! Donghae, you are not going anywhere! Not to that party! You will stay here and wait for Hyuna! I will not accept that girl to our family except for Hyuna!”

 

“I don’t give a damn about that witch! Can’t you see that she’s manipulating you?! Father, please open your eyes, don’t be blinded by your anger. Revenge will not do you any good. Mr. Park is a good man… I can sense it. He won’t kill anyone, especially a hopeless woman. Please, father… listen to me… or even for the sake of Jooyeon noona, please… Talk to him and clear this misunderstanding.”

 

“You don’t know him. That hateful being killed my wife!”

 

“Dad, listen to Donghae for once! If Mr. Park really killed my mother then what is his motive?! You are his bestfriend dad… You should know him better. Please, don’t be blinded by your anger.”

 

“Shut up, Jooyeon! Donghae, if you leave here, don’t come back anymore. And I will see to it that, that girl’s life will be ruined.”

 

“I’m sorry dad… I am really grateful for your kindness. I am thankful that you adopted me but I can’t let you hurt the girl I love. I will protect her no matter what happens. I’m sorry…”