If Only

The Enchantress

 

 

CHAERIN’s POV

 

We kept on looking for the Princess after two hours when she didn’t go back but we can’t find her. Bom told us that we should rest first and that she will continue to search for the Princess telling us that maybe she will only come out when it’s just her. We protested but we can’t win over her so we just went back. Jaejoong and Donghae is nowhere to be found too.

 

It’s morning now and I don’t know if Bom found her or not. I went out of my tent and saw Yunho and Changmin talking. I approached them and asked them if Donghae or Jaejoong is back yet and they just shook their head.

 

“Aish... What the hell happened back there?” I asked myself, annoyed for being clueless.

 

“Have you seen Hyun Joong?” the three of us raised our brow when Jiyeon asked us, but unlike us she seemed happy. To tell you honestly, I don’t like the girl. She’s been flirting around Jaejoong and she’s acting like she is his lover already.

 

“Maybe he is still resting after the beating he got from the Prince.” Changmin said.

 

“He is not there... I woke up and he’s gone beside me.” Minho said, emerging from their tent.

 

“NO!!!!” our attention turned to my tent when we heard Minzy. I was about to walk towards our tent but she went outside, crying while holding a piece of paper.

 

“What’s wrong Minzy-ah?” I asked her. She ran towards us and quickly hugged me. “What’s wrong?” I asked her and I just can’t help but feel nervous too.

 

“T-the P..Princess...” she started, still crying.

 

“What happened to the Princess?” Minho and Yunho both asked in chorused. They are obviously worried about her.

 

“S-she’s gone...”

 

“WHAT?!” we chorused. Shocked from her revelations.

 

“S-she left a letter... it’s on my name... she said sorry for everything.. I.. I guess she left a letter for all of us too..” she cried and cried and I comforted her. Yunho, Changmin and Minho immediately searched their tent too and Minzy is right, she left a letter for all of us.

 

“Why are you crying? She left with her own. She don’t deserve all your tears.” Jiyeon said and I can’t help but glare at her. She shrugged and went away telling that she don’t want to watch us.

 

All of us stayed in silent... No one dared to talk... So that’s the meaning of her words last night... she told us to take care... She’s gone again... She didn’t even warn us... She didn’t even explain why she must leave...

 

“Chaerin...” I heard Donghae called me. He looked mess up and I don’t want myself to break the news to him.

 

“We are leaving now!” Prince Jaejoong appeared beside Donghae and we all jolted when we heard him said ‘leave’

 

“Come on! Don’t be so down first thing in the morning!” Jaejoong demanded but no one dared to move nor speak. “What’s happening with you? Is it still about last night?” he said like its not a big thing but I knew the both of them. They are just hiding their true feelings...

 

“Oh, you are back?” I rolled my eyes when Jiyeon beamed her smile to Jaejoong. She really annoys me. Ugh!

 

Donghae approached me, asking me what’s wrong and I just can’t answer him.

 

“S-she left...” Minho murmured.

 

“What did you just said?” Donghae glanced at Minho. Minho stood up and stand in front of Donghae, looking at him sharply. I never seen Minho like this... He handed the letter to Donghae. “That’s for you.”

 

“What’s this?” he asked, still clueless.

 

“Thanks to the both of you, she left.” He said and left.

 

“Who left?” Jaejoong turned to us. I handed him the letter Dara left and he looked at me wearing the same expression as Donghae.

 

“The Princess...” we chorused.

 

DONGHAE’s POV

 

After trying to calm myself I went back to the site and saw most of the party feeling down... Bom, Hyun Joong and Dara as well as Jiyeon is not present.

 

“Chaerin...” she looked at me and I know that she has a problem.

 

“We are leaving now!” Jaejoong suddenly appeared next to me and I notice that Chaerin fidgeted when he heard him and I saw Minho and Yunho clenched their fist.

 

“Come on! Don’t be so down first thing in the morning!” Jaejoong demanded but no one dared to move nor speak. “What’s happening with you? Is it still about last night?”

 

“Oh, you are back?” I saw Chaerin rolled her eyes when Jiyeon appeared out of nowhere. I approached her and asked her what’s wrong but she won’t answer me.

 

“S-she left...”

 

I was frozen when I heard Minho... I don’t know but my heart beat is in chaos.

 

“What did you just said?” I glanced at him and he stood in front of me, handing me a letter. “That’s for you.”

 

“What’s this?”

 

“Thanks to the both of you, she left.” He said and left me dumbfounded.

 

“Who left?” Jaejoong turned to us. Chaerin walked towards him and handed a letter too.

 

“The Princess...” they chorused.

 

Ba-thump

 

Ba-thump

 

“W-what?” I asked, trembling...

 

“She left with Hyun Joong---“

 

“Finally showing her true colors? Tsk... I feel sorry for you, Donghae-ah. That angel in disguise left you for my half- brother” Jaejoong suddenly said, cutting Chaerin’s word.

 

BLAG!

 

“Next time you say a word, I’ll kill you.” I gritted my teeth. “You are a jerk, you don’t deserve her! If you will only say hurtful things about her, then just keep it to yourself, bastard!” I left them. I found myself in the river and I felt all of my strength leaving me because of that news. I opened the letter she left for me.

 

Donghae-ah... the best fish I’ve ever met..

 

Do you still remember when we first met in the mortal world? We are at the hospital back then and I don’t know why but I always found myself staring at you... observing you from afar... I never said this to you but back then, I knew you were familiar... I didn’t know that you really are... Then, we meet again. Remember the first time we met here? I remember, you are being bullied by those punks and I saved you... I saved you and asked why you let them bully you and you answered me it’s just a waste of time... But in that mortal world, you saved me from those thugs... in that mortal world, you are my savior... in that mortal world, you’ve wasted your energy just to keep me away from harm and in that mortal world you managed to capture this heart of mine.

 

I clenched my fist while reading Dara’s letter. I can’t contain my tears... I can trace her tears while writing this letter... I can feel that she’s deeply hurt while writing this and yet she continued.

 

I was happy... You really made me happy and I hope that you felt the same too... I hope that you’ve felt my love for you back there... What we experienced in the mortal world is not a lie, Donghae-ah... Our love back there was pure... and your love for me is crystal clear and I am sorry for tainting that... I am sorry... I am really sorry Donghae-ah... I don’t expect you to forgive me... No... I begged you not to forgive me... Please don’t forgive me and please don’t bother to find me... because if you do... You will only hurt yourself.

 

I am sorry if I lied to you...When you asked me whether I like Jae or not, I couldn’t answer. I couldn’t find the right answer... I asked myself... I thought and thought and thought and thought and thought if I like him or not. The single thought of me, liking him is the one thing I tried to deny. That’s why I told you... I told you that I don’t like him even if I am not sure of my feelings and I’ve made a mistake... That is my biggest mistake, Donghae-ah... because when I tried my best to deny, I just keep hurting myself and hurting you. I don’t know when but it is too late for me to realize that I already like him. I am sorry... I should’ve told you earlier but I couldn’t because I am too afraid that if I do, you will hate me.

 

I am really sorry. Let’s break up.. I am sorry.. This is not the ending that I wanted... I am sorry... I promised you that I will stay beside you whatever happens but I can’t fulfill that promise anymore, Donghae-ah... I don’t want to be unfair to you, Donghae-ah... I can’t be with you anymore because you don’t deserve someone like me... You deserve someone better than me... someone who will love you completely and not someone like me who can’t offer you anything anymore... Sorry... I am selfish and I know I am cruel too for leaving you like this... I just don’t want to lie to you anymore.. I don’t want to hurt you any further... We have to stop this now because it is not right anymore.. I’m sorry... I am really sorry for everything.

 

Take care, fishy... Please don’t find me... Don’t even try to kill yourself when facing some monsters out there because I won’t forgive you too if you do that... Smile... You look the best when you smile... Sorry if your ex-girlfriend is someone like me... Goodbye, Prince Lee Donghae...

 

P.S.

 

If you still want to go back to the mortal world, then I know that mother will help you.

 

“W-why did you leave me... I won’t accept it, Dara... I don’t care if you can only offer half your heart for me... I can still offer you all of me...” I said to myself... regretting everything I did... I should’ve noticed... I should’ve noticed that she’s struggling... I should’ve noticed that she’s trying her best not to hurt me and yet I did terrible things to her... I doubted her... I chased her away... If only I didn’t left her alone... If only I stayed and be with her, maybe she’s still here...

 

“W-what have I done, Angel?” I face palmed, still crying. “Please... Dara... Come back... come back to me, Angel...”

 

JAEJOONG’s POV

 

 “We are leaving now!” I announced as soon as I appeared in front of my comrades. “Come on! Don’t be so down first thing in the morning!” I happily said like nothing happened yesterday night because they really look down. Minzy is even crying in that corner but I just shrugged. “What’s happening with you? Is it still about last night?”

 

“Oh, you are back?” I turned to Jiyeon and unlike my comrades, she is happily smiling at me like there is some good news.

 

“S-she left...” I heard Minho said.

 

“What did you just said?” Donghae asked Minho but he just handed a letter to him while giving him death glares. “That’s for you.”

 

“What’s this?”

 

“Thanks to the both of you, she left.” He said and left.

 

I was shocked when I heard him said that but I tried my best not to falter. “Who left?” I struggled to ask but I hope they didn’t notice it.

 

“The Princess...” they chorused.

 

“W-what?” Donghae stuttered. Like me, he can’t believe what he just heard but I am better than him because I hide it.

 

“She left with Hyun Joong---“

 

“Finally showing her true colors? Tsk... I feel sorry for you, Donghae-ah. That angel in disguise left you for my half-brother” I suddenly said, cutting Chaerin’s word because I don’t want to hear anymore.

 

BLAG!

 

“Next time you say a word, I’ll kill you” he said after he knocked me down. “You are a jerk, you don’t deserve her! If you will only say hurtful things about her, then just keep it to yourself, bastard!” there he left... I quickly stood up and wiped the blood on my lips.

 

I deserve that punch... Maybe I really went too far... Judge me all you want but saying those things against her really hurt me too...

 

“Prepare to leave today... We’ll just wait for that bastard to come back then we’re off to go.” I said and turned my back on them.

 

“Is it really alright with you, Prince Jaejoong?!!!” Yunho suddenly yelled at me. “Is it really alright for you that she left?!!!” he continued but I ignored him. “Then if it’s fine with you, this journey of ours is a waste! The Princess is gone now... You don’t have to help Donghae to go to Jiaro... Chae and Minho can do that!!! JAEJOONG!!!!”

 

He yelled but I already teleported somewhere in the forest. I fly upwards and sat on the highest branch of a tree.

 

“Stupid... Why did you suddenly left...” I leaned on the tree and closed my eyes as tears escape down to my cheeks. “You are really stupid...” I repeated. “Why are you always running away from me, Sandara Park?” I opened my eyes and smiled bitterly while reminiscing everything we have shared... “I am sorry... I didn’t mean to utter those words yesterday... I am such a fool... I am such a fool for letting you slip from my grasp... I already found you again and yet I just let you go... If only I can turn back time... I will let you explain instead of giving you that kind of look... If only you are here, I would tell you that I regret what I just did... that I regret all those things because I’ve hurt you... I’ve hurt the one girl I promised to protect... I’ve hurt the girl I promised to love forever... I hurt the girl I’ve promised to offer my life... If only...”

 

I slowly opened her letter and the moment I read it, my whole world shattered...

 

Do you know what she just told me?

 

YOU REALLY ARE AN IDIOT! I REALLY HATE THAT I LOVE YOU

 

---

 

Sorry for the lame break up ever -_-... Even the author is quite speechless for this outcome. And goodluck to Jaejoong after that confession lol.