Latviana

The Enchantress

Jaejoong grabbed our things and headed outside the house. Jinhee heave a sigh and said her farewell to us while telling Jaejoong to take care of me.

 

"Yeah. I will take care of her, don't worry" Jaejoong patted Jinhee's head.

 

I moved closer to Jinhee. "Are you sure you'll be alright here?" I whispered to Jinhee and she just nodded her head. I pulled my amulet from my pocket and handed it to her. "If something happen, break this amulet and it will take you to a safe place."

 

"Heh? You can do something like this?" Jinhee asked me with amusement.

 

I smiled. "Don't tell it to anyone... It's our secret, okay?" I said and she nodded her head, a smile plastered on her face.

 

"What did you gave her?" Jaejoong asked while we're heading to the meeting place.

 

"Hmmm... That's our secret" I smiled when I saw him frown.

 

"Psh! How can you keep secret to your lover?"

 

I almost spit out the water I am drinking when I heard what he just said. "Are you alright?" he asked me worriedly.

 

"Yes" I said with a bright smile. We stopped for a moment and he gave me a short kiss. I was about to speak but he put a mask on me. "Yah, what's with this?" I asked him while pointing the mask he put on me.

 

"I don't want you stolen from me by some man in Latviana."

 

I smiled behind my mask. We finally arrived at the meeting place and I was surprised when I saw a portal.

 

"You have a portal here?" I asked Jaejoong and he nodded. I never knew that there's a portal here, I thought we only have three, one for each kingdom.

 

"It's just an ordinary portal, Dara-ah." he said as if he knew what am I thinking. "It's nothing like the portal from the three Kingdoms, it's just an ordinary transportation tool made by the previous head."

 

"Whew! You look great, Dara-ah!" Yifan said earning a glare from Jaejoong.

 

"Looks like someone don't want you to be taken away." Soo-Hyun teased Jaejoong.

 

"Well, we can't blame Hero... You are really pretty" Il Woo said while dodging the fire ball Jaejoong just threw at him. "Easy man! I won't take her away from you!" Il Woo said, his arms raised as if he's surrendering.

 

I heard the members and their apprentice laughed. Who wouldn't when Jaejoong is being obvious unlike his previous self. According to Yifan, Jaejoong rarely smiles and always have a poker face until he met me.

 

"E-hem..."

 

Our attention shifted to the head who just arrived. "Do your best and stay alive." the head said, followed by a loud cheers from the members of Trixa.

 

Jaejoong hold my hand tightly. "Don't stray from me." he seriously said while the other members entered the portal.

 

I smiled and nodded my head. Honestly, I am a bit nervous. I've never been to Latviana since the prophecy was made.

 

Something hit me but it's too late. Jaejoong already step forward and we both entered the portal.

 

Crap! I forgot that Jaejoong is the Prince of Latviana!

 

While we're in the portal, I pulled Jaejoong close to me. We both lost our balance in the air, he immediately embraced me and we both rolled on the ground.

 

"That's dangerous!" he scolded me when we stopped rolling. I just smiled behind my mask when I saw him wearing a mask, same as mine.

 

"Oh! Don't remove that" I said when he was about to remove the mask. His brows furrowed when I stopped him. "I don't want any other lady stealing glances at you." I reasoned out and that made him calm.

 

We stood up and I saw the members of Trixa smiling from ear to ear and I know why. It's because Jae and I are wearing the same clothes. Jae stared at me and I just shrugged my shoulder.

 

Someone greeted us and guided us inside the castle. It reeks of blood... It stinks... It's making me dizzy.

 

"Are you alright?" Jaejoong asked me when I lost my balance.

 

"Yes..."

 

He took a deep breath. "That's why I told you not to come with us."

 

"Don't worry about me. I'm fine..." I said, assuring him that I am alright.

 

We entered in a large room. The servant told us to sit and wait for the other party. Jaejoong pulled the chair for me. It's funny... I killed thousands of people and yet I am affected by the stench of blood here in Latviana.

 

Our attention went towards the entrance door. My heart raced when I saw the three people who entered. It's been two years since I last saw them... They are the ones who managed to put up a fight against us in Ouros...

 

My brows furrowed when I saw another person entered the hall... I knew him! He's that crazy necromancer who kidnapped me in my dreams! The one who kissed me!

 

"You are trembling" Jaejoong whispered while holding my hand tightly.

 

"It's just a little bit cold." I lied... my attention is still at the necromancer guy. So that dream... is not just a dream but it really happened?!

 

Remind me to hit those friends of mine when I get back. They fooled me there.

 

"I'm getting jealous" I heard Jaejoong said. I looked at him and I saw his brows furrowed and I sensed that he's frowning under his mask.

 

"Why are you jealous?" I whispered.

 

"You are staring at that man who entered." he said.

 

If you only knew what I am thinking, you wouldn't be jealous.

 

"You don't need to be jealous. You are handsome than him."

 

"E-hem... we are on a mission here." I heard Soo-Hyun said. Jaejoong clicked his tongue at the same time, Yifan chuckled.

 

The door opened again and this time, three people entered. I knew them very well. The guy on the right is the one who greeted me at Ouros when I'm with Jaehyo. The girl on the left is Hyuna, the one I've been wanting to kill when she put a curse on me... The man in the middle is none other than Jaejoong's father, the King of Latviana... King Siegna... the one who wanted to kill me.

 

I felt Jaejoong's hand holding mine tightly. Somehow, it made me calm but I still did not let my guard down. The other six as well as the King sat on their respective seats.

 

"Shall we introduce ourselves?" the King started. The people inside agreed and I just stayed silent.

 

Crap! It seems like I walked in the lion's den.

 

"Let's start with the ten members of Trixa" the King said and pointed at Taeil.

 

Taeil stood up and introduced himself. Next to him is his apprentice but the King interrupted his apprentice, saying that they do not need to know the name of apprentices since we're bound to die first. I saw the members of Trixa looked grim, it seems like they did not like the words of the King.

 

Yifan introduced himself shortly, same with Soo-Hyun. It was Jaejoong's turn now but Hyuna interrupted him.

 

"How about the lady beside you first?" Hyuna said, showing interest to me.

 

"She's my apprentice... not part of the top ten." Jaejoong answered. Hyuna smiled and nodded her head.

 

"But I can sense that she's strong." Hyuna said. It looks like this witch don't want to let me off the hook.

 

"Hyuna, you are interrupting the introductions. The King already said that apprentices don't need to introduce themselves."

 

Hyuna laughed. "You are no fun, Woobin-ah" Hyuna said to the man named Woobin.

 

So... Woobin is his name... That guy who tried giving me to the King. The one who knocked out Jaehyo.

 

"I'm Hero." Jaejoong said and I saw the King smiled. Il Woo introduced himself and the other six started their introductions.

 

Woobin is the first in command, Hyuna, the only girl in the party is the second in command. The necromancer guy is named Nickhun, he's the third in command. The other three are Lee Joon, Yoo Seung Ho and Yong Hwa.

 

After the introductions, Lee Joon opened a scroll and put it down on the table. My eyes went wide when I saw the full scale map of our Kingdom, Jiaro.

 

I stayed still while they are telling us their plan to attack our Kingdom. My hunch became a reality... The war between the two Kingdoms will really happen, three days from now. There's no way our Kingdom will know of this. Hyuna will teleport the army to Jiaro and I know that she can do that. When it comes in using our magical abilities, she's almost at par with me. I maybe at disadvantage since she's using dark magic and my knowledge about dark magic is little compared to her.

 

The meeting ended and the King as well as his minions already went out. I stared at the members of Trixa, as well as their apprentices. They look surprise... Who would not be if you are about to attack your own Kingdom? Who would not be if you know that you only have one percent chance to live against the hands of the Queen...

 

I took a deep breath and made a barrier. I made sure that Hyuna can't sense my power.

 

"Will you do it?" I asked them, gaining their full attention.

 

"It's our job." Lumin said, though I know that he hesitated before answering.

 

"But--"

 

"Stop it, Dara. You know the rules. We can't back out on this one." Soo-Hyun said.

 

"But you will die! We're up against the Queen! She can take your lives if she want to!" I yelled.

 

"We know!" they all shouted at me in chorused. All of them looked frustrated... some apprentices even show fear.

 

"I'm sorry... Forget what I've just said." I said in a low voice. The barrier I made also disappeared as I walked out of the room.

 

"Don't call my name here." I said to Jaejoong when I sensed that he's about to call me.

 

He grabbed my arms and pulled me back to him. "I'm sorry... I should not have brought you here." he said while embracing me.

 

"No... I know what's about to happen before going here."

 

"I won't let you die... I will protect you."

 

I know... I know you will.

 

I pulled away from Jaejoong when I sensed a familiar presence. I quickly grabbed him and we hide in the large pillar.

 

What is he doing here?

 

I asked myself, staring at Hyuna and the one who just arrived.

 

"Why are we hiding?" Jaejoong asked me. I told him to stay still and to stay quiet for a while. I have to know why is he here.

 

"I told you not to touch the Princess!" Donghae yelled at Hyuna. He sounded angry.

 

Hyuna laughed. "I am not doing anything, Prince Donghae. I already made my promise right? I won't touch your princess as long as.." Hyuna wrapped her arms around Donghae's neck. "you are mine." she said and kissed him on the lips.

 

"Where is she?!" Donghae pushed her away from him.

 

I saw Hyuna smirked. "I don't know. That princess of yours is good at hiding."

 

Damn you, witch! How dare you blackmail Donghae?! I will really skin you alive at the battlefield! Argh!

 

"If something bad happen to her, I will really kill you!" Donghae said before Hyuna disappeared from thin air. He was about to go too but I went out of my hiding place and grabbed his arms.

 

"P-Pri--"

 

I immediately covered his mouth. I saw Jaejoong followed me but I quickly teleported away from him.

 

"What are you doing here?!" Donghae shouted at me. He looked angry and I know it's my fault. "This place is dangerous for you!" he said furiously.

 

"I should be the one shouting at you, psh! How dare you meet with that witch?!"

 

He looked away and shut his mouth. "I am mad at you... I am really mad at you, Lee Donghae." I said and I saw him stiffen.

 

"L-let me explain, Da--"

 

"Do you think I will lose to that witch?" I asked him and he did not answer. "Yah... she managed to curse me in the past because I lost my memories... if I have my memories intact, you know that she will have a hard time to even lay a hand on the tip of my hair... You know that, right?"

 

Donghae nodded his head. "Then why are you letting that witch blackmail you?"

 

"I'm sorry."

 

I smacked his head. "You will really get it from me, Donghae."

 

I was surprised when he suddenly embraced me. "I'm glad you are safe... Don't you know how worried I am when I can't find you?" he said, making me guilty. "Your Queen mother is really angry, Dara. You suddenly disappeared and then one day you just sent four dangerous creatures at Jiaro, making her furious even more." Donghae said and chuckle.

 

"Yeah... That's why don't tell her I am here because she might punish me even more when I come back." I said and pulled away. "Here..." Donghae stared at me when I gave him a small bottle. "That's part of my memory. All of the information you need is there. Now go." I said and created a portal.

 

Donghae stared at me. Before he can speak, I already kicked him inside the portal.

 

"Y-You are the Princess?"

 

---

Ta-dah! Another update! Dara is digging her own grave going to the enemy's territory haha. Did Hyuna notice that Jaejoong's apprentice is Dara? How will the members of Trixa react if they know that Dara is the Princess? what will be Jaejoong's reaction when he learns that Dara is the Princess?