Graviel II

The Enchantress

CHAERIN’s POV

 

After punishing the greedy merchants and businessmen, Jiyong’s father went to their run-down house asking for forgiveness. Of course they forgave him after I explained to them what really happened. The truth is, Jiyong’s father was just being controlled by the witch from Ouros so he chased his mother and siblings out of their house resulting in Jiyong’s hatred for his father.

 

“Chaerin-ssi” I was startled when I heard Jiyong called me. I turned to face him only to be surprised that he’s just inches away from me.

 

Ba-thump

 

 

Ba-thump

 

“Why are you here alone? Bored?” he asked me, not moving his face away from me.

 

“Y-yeah” I pushed him back and turned my back on me.

 

Aigoo... It’s a good thing I have good control to my powers or else I might accidentally burned him for startling me!

 

He went beside me and sat at the railings. “I really don’t know how can I repay you for everything, Chaerin-ssi.” He started. “I am really grateful for all the things you’ve done for us. If I haven’t met you, Graviel’s curse won’t be lifted. If it weren’t for you... my father would stay evil.”

 

I glanced at him. “All I ask of you is your opinion about the Princess”

 

He shook his head. “Even if I changed my opinion about her, Chaerin-ssi... it is still a fact that I’ve never done something for you.”

 

“Na-ah. You are wrong, Jiyong-ssi. You already helped us a lot. If not for you, we’ll still be clueless whether the person we’ve been looking for is here or not. Moreover, you already took care of us by letting us stay in this mansion and you already promised to us that if ever that person come here, you will let us know.”

 

“Nope. That is not enough, Chaerin-ssi.” He stubbornly said.

 

“Aigoo... Aren’t you stubborn, Jiyong-ssi?”

 

“Well, I wouldn’t be my fathers’ son if I am not” he said and we both laugh. “Anyway, since this city is already peaceful and the night is young.... Hmmm... Why don’t we take a walk?” he asked while offering his hand to me.

 

I smiled at him and slowly grabbed his hand. “W-well, I guess taking a night stroll won’t hurt? After all we’ll be leaving tomorrow” I said. “It’s my pleasure to walk with you, Kwon Jiyong” I smiled and curtsied.

 

We sneaked out from their mansion and while we are walking, I just listened to him talk. He told me everything about him. He told me how happy their family was before Graviel was cursed. He told me how he hated his father when he chased his mother and siblings out of their mansion. He told me when he started to rebel and stole money or food to the greedy merchants and businessmen and give those stolen to the people and also to his mother and siblings.

 

“And you were never caught once? Not even once?” I asked him, amused by his story.

 

“Of course! I am good enough to do all those things, Chaerin-ah!” he proudly said. “Hmmm, I can even defeat some Knights all by myself”

 

“Really?”

 

“Yeah! I may not look like it but I am strong! You know what they called me here in Graviel?” he asked me.

 

“Hmmm? Lizard?” I teased.

 

His eyes widened. “M-mwoh? Me? A Lizard? Tsk tsk... You are underestimating me, Chaerin-ah. I may not have the power to regenerate and I may be thin not like those bulky Knights out there but I am telling you, I am far stronger than them.” He proudly said. “Our people once called me, G-Dragon...”

 

“Hmmm... I think I heard that name somewhere?” I said, thinking where I could have heard that name.

 

He smirked at me. “So, I am quite famous, my lady?”

 

I coughed when he called me my lady suddenly.

 

“Are you alright?”

 

“N-neh... So, why did they call you G-Dragon?” I asked, avoiding the topic why did I coughed.

 

“Hmmm... Five years ago, before the full scale war between Latviana, Jiaro and Sidgar broke out, the three lived peacefully right?”

 

“Ah... eh... y-yeah” I answered. Well, the truth is the relationship between Latviana and Jiaro is not good when the prophecy and when the Princess was born. All the attempt against the Princess by Latviana was just hidden away from the people of Verona and only the higher ups knew that. While the relationship of Latviana and Jiaro is hostile, it is different when it comes to Sidgar. Jiaro and Sidgar maintained a good relationship until two years ago when the Prince of Sidgar, Prince Donghae went missing.

 

“Well, Five years ago the three Kingdoms created a system called Da Tao Sha wherein all the participants came from the city they’re representing. The top ten fighters will receive prize money as well as a token wherein they can enter any city without inspection.”

 

“You don’t have to tell me what Da Tao Sha is because I already know that hmp. So what is the relation why they called you G-Dragon?” I impatiently asked and he just laughed at me.

 

“Well, I am one of the contestant and I am in top five kekeke” he proudly said.

 

“Really? So what’s the relation, Jiyong-ssi?” I asked, unable to comprehend the connection.

 

“Aigoo. Just listen to me, young lady” he said. “Okay, well you already know that those people especially the top ten are strong people right? They called me G-Dragon because at the battle, when I am angered they said that I am like a fuming Dragon beating whoever I faced.”

 

“Ahhh... So you are that man.” I said while massaging my chin.

 

“That man?”

 

“Hmmm, Victoria and Top oppa told me tales about a fuming Dragon but unfortunately the two defeated him because apparently that Dragon when angered cannot think straight anymore, hence his defeat hahahaha!” I said, laughing at him while he frowned at me. “Waeyo? It’s the truth right?”

 

“Whatever! At least I am in top five unlike someone I know who didn’t even participate.” He said, referring to me.

 

I raised an eyebrow and smiled at him. “At least even if I didn’t participate I know I am stronger than you” I shot back.

 

“Psh!”

 

“Bleh!” I stuck my tongue out and ran away from him.

 

“Yah! You are dead if I catch you!” he said as he chased after me. “Yah! Lee Chaerin! Get back here, you cheater!” he shouted still running after me while I am just flying around with my broomstick. I went down after I noticed that he was out of breath.

 

“Hahaha! Look at the mighty Dragon. You can’t even catch me Mr. Top five kekeke” I joking said. He lift his head up and it is too late when he jumped at me! We fell on the ground with him on top of me.

 

“Gotcha!” he smirked at me.

 

I felt my cheeks burn from embarrassment.

 

“E-hem..” I faked a coughed. “W-will you” I said while motioning for him to get away from me. Finally he realized our position and stood up quickly then he offered me his hand. “Tsk tsk, I didn’t know that there is a dragon who is a cheater hmp!” I pouted and to my surprise he pinched my cheeks! “W-what the hell are you doing?!”

 

“So cute!” he said, pinching my cheeks more. He let go of my poor cheeks after one minute and therefore I conclude that my poor cheeks are now bloody red, thanks to this Dragon in front of me.

 

The next thing he did, he just grabbed my hands and dragged me at the town square. I saw the people celebrating, some are singing, some are playing the instrument while some couples dance at the middle.

 

“So, what are we doing here?” I asked.

 

“Creating memories.” He flashed me his billion dollar smile and dragged me at the middle. “Let’s dance, my lady”

 

I felt my cheeks burn. “E.. err... The thing is... I..”

 

“Don’t tell me you don’t know how to dance?” he teased me.

 

“I can! B-but I don’t know this kind of dance...” I said shyly. I know how to dance and I know various dances except festival dance.

 

“I didn’t know that you can be shy sometimes.” He boldly said.

 

“S-shut up!” I hissed at him trying to hide my embarrassment.

 

“Don’t worry, my lady. I’ll be the lead.” He confidently said. He offered his hand to me which I gladly take. Then we started to dance, him leading me. “Thanks for everything, Chaerin” he whispered while we are dancing.

 

“Nope... I should be the one saying thank you. If not for you, I won’t have fun.” I told him.

 

“Ahm... Chaerin... I---“

 

Ba-thump

 

 

Ba-thump

 

Before he can finished his sentence the man on our right side throw his partner towards us and the guy on my left side grabbed me.

 

“Ooopppsss. Tell me later, Jiyong-ah!” I said as I dance with my new partner.

 

Gosh! I almost can’t breathe when I am with him. What the hell is happening to me?

 

“Gotcha!” He smiled at me when I finally reached him again and there it goes again... my heart beat is in chaos, beating so fast.

 

“S-So... back to our topic... what do you want to say?”

 

“Ahm....” he started. I felt conscious when he stared straight at me. “I... I-“

 

“Oppa!”

 

“Chaerin unnie!”

 

Our attention went towards Yuri and Minzy who are running towards us.

 

“I guess, you’ll have to tell me later then” I smiled at him and turned to face the two young lady. “What is it, Minzy-ah?”

 

“Oppa! We have to hurry!” Yuri told to Jiyong.

 

“Wae?” I asked Minzy.

 

“Don’t ask, unnie. It’s not the right place. Let’s hurry and go back to the mansion first.” Minzy told me and I know that something is wrong. We went back to the mansion and they immediately lead us to Jiyong’s fathers’ office.

 

“What is wrong, father?” Jiyong asked while I went beside Minho and Donghae.

 

“Our Knights were attacked this night and according to one of them, there are about fifteen mysterious people who infiltrated our city and forcefully kidnapped some ladies. The Knight told us that those mysterious people are from Ouros.” Jiyong’s father said with gritted teeth. The mere mention of Ouros made him angrier.

 

“What do they want?” Jiyong asked calmly even though I knew that he’s just keeping his temper.

 

“After knowing that the curse was lifted, they took some of our people and announcing that they will kill every man of our city. It is enough that we suffered for one and a half year and this time, I’ll make sure that I will never let them do what they want. We will fight, son.”

 

Jiyong smiled at his father. “Yes sir!” he saluted.

 

“We’ll help you!” I announced even without my comrades approval. They all looked at me and after a few seconds they laughed.

 

“Aigoo. I never saw her this eager.” Minzy murmured.

 

“What have you done to our Chae-cat?” Minho nudged Jiyong which made us blush.

 

“Stop it, Minho-ah! And Prince Jaejoong and Donghae-ah... I know I am not in the position to decide and I know that you both want to find the Princess as soon as possible but this city needs our help. They already faced so many hardships so please, help them.” I sincerely said. I saw Jaejoong and Donghae nod in agreement. “Jinjja?”

 

“Well, it’s not bad if we deviate from our original destination.” Jaejoong uttered.

 

“And may be, Dara is at Ouros too but I hope she’s not there. I don’t want her involve in this.” Donghae said which made me glad.

 

“Alright. We will surprise them tomorrow! We shall retrieve our people and punish those who needed to punish.” Jiyongs father said and dismissed the meeting.

 

“Chaerin?” Jiyong called. I faced him and he look worried.

 

“What’s with that face?”

 

“Can’t you just stay and wait here?”

 

“Sorry, Jiyong-ah but waiting is not my cup of tea. I’d rather help you and fight with you.”

 

“But---“

 

“No more buts, Jiyong-ah. I may be a lady but I can fight too.” I told him seriously. “So... back to our topic... What do you want to say again? You always get cut hahaha.” I asked him, trying to change the topic.

 

He shook his head and to tell you the truth... I am a bit disappointed.

 

“Na-ah... I will tell you after this battle.” He reached up and to my surprise he kissed my forehead. “Goodnight, Chae” he said, leaving me dumbfounded.