Hopeless Angel

The Enchantress

 

 

As per his grandmother’s request, Minho and I went to the festival. I was amazed seeing new things and knowing that magic do really exist because I thought that those things only exist in the movies. I even saw a flying carpet while we are walking! I mean that’s awesome right? I waved at Minho when I saw him staring at me.

 

“Is there something wrong?”

 

“Don’t mind me. I just find your expressions interesting. I can see it in your face that you are really astounded seeing different kinds of things not found in your own world.”

 

“Well, you can’t blame me. I can never see these things again once I go back ayt? So I better enjoy it while it last.” I said to him but in the back of my mind, I’m still worried about Donghae.

 

Are you here too, fishy? I hope you’re fine. If you’re here, I hope I can see you or if not... I wish that you are fine in our world...

 

“Are you hungry, young lady?” he asked me. Maybe he heard that my stomach is growling. I hope that, that is not the case because if so, I would like the ground to eat me because that was embarassing! “Wait here, I’ll buy you something okay?” he smiled at me and left me alone in the bench.

 

“How can they do that?” I asked myself. I am curious on how can the people in this world release some magical element in their hands. “Hmmm, what if I have some kind of powers like they do?” I raise my left hand to the sky and imagine if light would ever come out. My eyes went wide when I saw some light forming from my hands.

 

W-what is happening?

 

“Young lady!” I immediately put my hand down when I heard Minho. I looked at my hand but the light already disappeared...

 

Maybe my eyes are just playing with me. Maybe it’s the power of hunger kekeke. Stupid me, I am a human so why would I imagine that I can have some powers too kekeke.

 

“Are you alright?” Minho asked me. I nodded and smiled at him. He gave me some food and drinks which are foreign to me. I ate them and I am telling you, it is the most delicious food and drink I have ever tasted! How I wish that we can have some to our world too. Well, let me give you a description of what that food looks like. One is called a Fyuma, it is in the shape of a lotus flower but I am telling you it is not a flower but it just look like one kekeke. Its color is blue and it’s thickness is about one inch unlike a flower who is normally thin. Fyuma in our world is like a cupcake but in a shape of a flower. It looks cool and it taste great! The other one that Minho gave me is called Hayatsu, it’s a meat and even if it looks disgusting because it looks like a human ear, its taste is beyond description! It’s just total awesomeness!

 

“Thanks for the food Minho-ssi...” I smiled at him but he’s not even looking at me instead he is looking at the knights and two elderly man in front of us.

 

“We finally found you, Minho. Is that the girl who broke our law?” one of the old man asked.

 

“Dara, stay behind my back.” Minho told me. My heart skipped a beat because of nervousness. I don’t want to witness some action here you know. Who would want to if you know that in a minute maybe some head will fly towards you? Aigoo... I don't want to attend some festival... Festival with flying bloody heads! They are using swords here so it is not impossible you know?!

 

“Lord Janken, I already told you that the one who broke our law escaped.”

 

“Don’t lie to me, Minho. I know when you are lying and right now, I can tell that, that young lady behind you is the one who we are looking for. Give her to us and we will leave you unharmed.” Lord Janken told Minho.

 

“I won’t give her to you because she is not the girl you are looking for, Lord Janken.”

 

“Do you really want to fight us, Minho? If you won’t hand that young lady to us, then I must say that fighting with you is really inevitable.” Minho grabbed my arm when the Knights started attacking us. He pulled his sword out of its sheath and exchange blows with the Knights.

 

“Close your eyes if you are scared.” I heard him say. I immediately closed my eyes because I don’t want to see blood.

 

“Argh!” I immediately opened my eyes when Minho kneeled on the ground. I saw that his left shoulder was cut.

 

“A-are you alright Minho?”

 

“Dara, if I said run, run okay? Don’t mind me, I will find you no matter what okay? Just hide somewhere safe first.”

 

“But you are hurt. I can’t leave you alone here!”

 

“Just do what I say okay? If you are here, I can’t fight them fully.”

 

“Hand her to us and we will spare you, Minho.” One of the Elder said.

 

“I won’t hand her to you, Lord Janken and Lord Pierrot. I will die first before you can touch this young lady beside me.”

 

“Well.... we gave you a chance. Kill him and get that girl after!” Lord Pierrot ordered his men. Minho stood up and prepared for the attack. Before the Knights can approach us, Minho release a ball of water and shoot the knights.

 

“Run!” he told me. I was startled but I run as fast as I can. My tears are falling because I can’t even help him fight. Their fight is out of my league. They use powers while I can only use some strength which I doubt would be of any help. 

 

Please be safe, Minho-ssi. I believe in you. Oh God, please let him be safe...

 

I went to a restaurant somewhere far from where I left Minho and the elders. I sat with one of the vacant chair and hide my face with my hood.

 

“How dare you bumped into me!? You lowlife!” my gaze darted towards the giant’s direction not far from the restaurant I am in. A girl and an old man is on the ground while the Giant and some other men were laughing at the old man. The Giant raised his hand with his spiky weapon and was about to hit the old man when...

 

“YAH! STOP IT!! YOU UGLY GIANT!!!” I suddenly yelled at the giant. Without thinking I rushed to the aid of the old man and the now crying girl.

 

Dara, are you out of your mind? Do you want to die? Mind you, there’s no Donghae who will rush to save you here! There’s no Minho too and by meddling with this, I am telling you that those Knights and Elders would find you! Stupid lady!

 

“And who are you, lady?”

 

“You don’t need to know, you ugly giant! If I were you, I’ll get out of this place. You never know, someone might slash you because of your unruly behavior.” I threatened him but he just sneered at me.

 

PAK!

 

I felt the pain in my cheeks when the giant slapped me. My hood fell from my head and I just saw the Giant’s eyes sparkle like some diamonds.

 

“You’re one of a kind huh... Seeing how beautiful you are, I bet that many nobles would want you, young lady...” I was frozen from my spot upon hearing the Giant. I can't fight him... Is this really my end?

 

I'm so hopeless... Despite Minho's attempt to save me from those council... why did I even bother facing this Giant? Am I really this stupid? I'm sorry Dad... I'm sorry fishy... 

 

He was about to touch me but some guy suddenly appeared in front of me and point his sword to the Giant. I don’t know why but my heart suddenly skip a beat like some mad cheetah. Maybe it’s because of fear?

 

“Who said you can hurt my angel?”