My only regret is killing her

The Enchantress

JAEJOONG's/HERO's POV

 

I felt a strange aura not far from us. Ilwoo and I both exchanged glances and he told me to go and find where that aura is coming from. I immediately followed the strange aura and it led me to Hyuna fighting a strong lady. The lady is still not releasing her fireball, it looks like they are talking about something.

 

She is the princess, kill her

 

I heard Hyuna's voice in my mind. I stared at the lady and somehow, my heart is beating fast. Am I afraid of her?

 

Kill her, now!

 

I heard Hyuna's voice again. I breathe deeply and killed the strange emotion that I am feeling right now.

 

When I saw the princess threw her fireball at Hyuna, I immediately vanquished it and teleported at her back, stabbing her with the sword Dara gave me.

 

"Hahahaha! What a lovely sight!" I heard Hyuna shouted frantically.

 

I heard nothing from the princess, it is as if she is suppressing herself from shouting in pain. She did not even defend herself against me. I knew she could do it, I knew that she can. I knew that she is better than this but what is stopping her?

 

I shook my head and drive the useless thoughts I am having. I stabbed her deeper and pulled out my sword. I teleported in front of her and saw her looking down.

 

"I'm sorry, Princess. You have to die." I said as cold as ice and stabbed her.

 

"Hahaha! Won't you even fight him, Princess?!" Hyuna asked her.

 

She did not answer. Instead, she took me by surprise. She placed her hands on my shoulder. I thought she will try to fight me but no, she is just trying to help herself to keep standing. She's weak. So weak that she can't stand and I hate it.

 

I'm sorry. If I don't kill you, I might die... There is someone I want to see and I can't die here.

 

"I want to see her face, Hero!" Hyuna said. I tried removing the mask covering the princess face but she stopped me. "Removed it!" Hyuna said in excitement.

 

I forcefully removed her mask and it surprised me.

 

N-No... It can't be...

 

My heart raced and I am in pain. It is awfully painful... Everything from our first meeting flashed in my mind. The first time we saw each other in Aislin, the first time we danced and she surprised me as she touched my face. That's the first time my heart acted strange.

 

"D-Dara?" I hold her, hands trembling. "Damn! What have I done?!"

 

I wanted to kill myself. I am angry at myself. I am afraid... afraid of losing the only girl who caught my heart.

 

! ! !

 

She grabbed my hands and gently touched my face. "I am sorry" she finally said.

 

"N-No... Please hold on, Dara." my voice cracked. I never cried in my whole life... never... but seeing her like this, I just can't stop myself from crying.

 

"Don't cry.. You just did what you are told" she said while smiling warmly at me. "I-it's my fault for not telling you..."

 

I panicked even more when she coughed blood.

 

"I forgive you, Dara. Just don't leave like this... You can't leave me! You can't just leave me alone here." I said, trying my best to heal her wounded body. Her stabbed wounds that was made by me.

 

"I won't" she said and motioned me to come closer. I closed my eyes when I felt her cold lips on mine. "I love you" she smiled and wiped my tears.

 

"I love you too... I-I l-love you so much so please don't leave me. You are the first woman that I ever loved so please don't do this to me, Dara... You are strong so please, live for me." I said, wishing desperately for her recovery.

 

"Hahaha! Kill her, Hero!" Hyuna ordered.

 

"If she die, I swear! I will kill you, Hyuna!" I shouted in rage.

 

I saw Dara slowly closing her eyes. I felt my heart stopping from beating. "Damn! D-Dara! Don't close your eyes! I love you, please don't die on me!" I said, crying my heart out.

 

Please! Don't let her die! Not her!

 

"D-Dara... you can't leave me..." I cried while embracing her cold body. "P-please... I'm sorry... I'm sorry... Don't die on me, Dara."

 

I grabbed the regeneration pills that Jinhee gave me and put it on my mouth. I kissed her but it's too late... Too late... Her heart already stopped beating... as well as mine.

 

"I'll make them pay..." I gently lay her down on the ground.

 

"Hahaha! Is she dead, Hero?! Hahaha! What a great news!"

 

"You knew it from the start, right?" I asked her. She stared at me and smirked.

 

"Of course! I am not dumb not to know that you are with the princess!" She said and teleported beside me. "Now, let me erase this young princess existence." Hyuna happily said.

 

Before she can even lift a finger, I grabbed her by the neck. "You will not touch her." I said.

 

She smiled. "She is already dead, Hero. You killed her"

 

Her words cut me deep. "Hahaha! Have you lost your tongue?"

 

"Shut up." I said with gritted teeth.

 

"You can kill me but you can't change the fact that it is YOU who killed her. Y-You killed the person you love."

 

"I said shut up!" I shouted. My hands holding her was enveloped with fire. "Shut up! Shut up! Shut up!"

 

"Y-you can't kill me." Hyuna said as I strangle her.

 

"Oh yes I can." I throw her not far from me and burned her... Alive.

 

"Hahahaha! You l-lost!!!! Hahaha!"

 

I turned my back on her and slowly faced my sleeping Angel. I gently carried her, bridal style and teleported to the main battlefield.

 

All eyes were fixed on us. I saw Latviana's army celebrate, seeing the princess on my arms, lifeless. Jiaro's army fell silent, some of them looked surprise while staring at us. It looks like they saw someone came back from the dead. The Queen look strangely calm, not even angry about her daughter's demise.

 

"P-Prince Jaejoong" I heard someone say, my body stiffened when I heard the familiar name he called me. "Y-You are alive."

 

I stared at my sleeping Angel and smiled bitterly.

 

I really look like him, huh?

 

I gently kissed her forehead and stared at the familiar guy in front of me. I approached him and gave him Dara. "Take care of her, I will end this war." I said in all seriousness.

 

"W-wait! You can't leave the princess! She'll find you as soon as she wake up!" The man said, stopping me from my tracks. How I wish what he said is true... How I wish that my Dara is alive...

 

"I am sorry... The princess is no longer alive." I said, dropping the bomb on him. He looked at me, his brows furrowed.

 

"What are you saying, Prince Jaejoong? The princess is not dead, she can't be!"

 

I smiled. "I really wish that is the case... but it is not... S-she is dead... and I killed her." I finally confessed. I saw his eyes went wide, shocked at my revelations.

 

"Oh come on! Don't joke with me, Prince Jaejoong. The princess is not yet dead. Otherwise, the Queen will definitely not stay calm at this time."

 

"It is true... Confirm it yourself." I sadly told him and went straight to the battlefield.

 

I released my power and engulf the battlefield with my fire.

 

"What are you trying to do, young man?"

 

My body stiffened when I heard a very cold voice. I saw the Queen staring at me coldly while watching my every move.

 

"My daughter would not be happy seeing you like this." she said. I heard her say some strange words and my fire suddenly vanished. "You will not kill anybody, young man."

 

"They are the reason why Dara is dead! If we did not attacked your Kingdom, she would not have died! I... I would not have killed her." I painfully told her. Remembering the sins I have committed against the only girl I love.

 

"Foolish man." I heard her say.

 

I looked away as tears continued to fall. I released my fire again but the Queen made it disappear again.

 

"Please don't stop me... I will avenge her... I will... I promised... I promised her that I will protect her but I failed... So please, don't stop me." I desperately told her.

 

"If you continue, you will really regret it, young man" the Queen said.

 

"My only regret is killing her." I coldly said and engulf the battlefield with my fire. Everyone I deemed as foes will burn to death and everyone I deemed as friends will remain alive but the consequence of using this power of mine is death... Death upon me.

 

----

 

Here is another update! It is short though but I hope you like it! I will update as soon as I wake up again kekeke. Thanks for reading!