A Kiss for A Life

The Enchantress

 

 

[Donghae’s POV]

 

I closed my eyes when I saw Jaejoong approached Dara. He hugged her tight for a while but Bom interrupts and he decided to face that ugly Giant as what my angel calls him.

 

“Why are you closing your eyes my dear, Donghae? Are you afraid that your Angel will fall for Kim Jaejoong once again? I don’t want to be mean but you know what, darling? She may forget their memories but the heart won’t forget. And even if the heart forgets, the body will still remember.” Hyuna told me and disappeared again out of my sight.

 

“HYUNA!!! LET ME OUT OF HERE! YOU WITCH!”

 

“I won’t let you out, my darling Donghae.”

 

Dara... Wait for me please...

 

**

 

[Dara’s POV]

 

I was taken aback when Minho lifted me and jumped upwards showing his white wings to me. The next thing I knew, we are flying away from that place.

 

“Why are the council after me? Is it really a grave sin to enter that forest?” I asked him while silently praying that he won’t let me go.

 

“Humans can’t enter our world, Dara and we also can’t go to their world and interact. It’s a rule decided a long time ago but the Princess now the Queen of Jiaro broke that rule. Two humans accidentally entered our world, she fell in love with the other guy but that man is not just an ordinary man. He is a warlock... He came from a powerful clan but it seems that the man’s power is sealed. Eventually. the Queen of Jiaro gave birth to a demi-goddess and a half witch and a prophecy was made. That by the time the child turned eighteen, when the blue moon aligns with the seven stars, that child will be the reason for the Latviana’s King’s demise. Because of that prophecy, it brought chaos to the whole continent of Verona.”

 

“Then what is the connection of being a human if the man the Queen fell in love with is a warlock?”

 

“As soon as the child was born, the barrier of the Fyuelien Stone of Verona weakened. The other human used that opportunity to steal the Fyuelien then went back to the mortal world.”

 

“Fyuelien Stone? What is that?”

 

“Fyuelien Stone gives life to the entire Verona. However, when it was stolen, chaos ensued. If it weren’t for the help of the Gods and the elementals, even a single grass won’t be seen again here in Verona. However, the Fyuelien stone miraculously came back to the Mountain of Hidasgreia.”

 

“If the stone came back, then why is it still forbidden for any of you to go the the forest where the portal to the human world lies?”

 

“We don’t know what danger awaits for us in your world. In Verona, humans are considered evil. If a human entered, the people of Verona is allowed to kill it... and unfortunately, you are the first one after eighteen long years...”

 

“W-will they kill me if they know that I am human?”

 

“That’s most likely, young lady but I won’t let that happen.”

 

“Why? You are putting yourself in danger, Minho-ssi.”

 

“Let’s just say that I want some thrill. Being a Lord is boring you know?” he chuckled.

 

“Aish, you want some thrill but look at you now, you are full of blood! Let’s go back to your house and treat your wounds first.” I told him but he shook his head. “Why?”

 

“We can’t go back to our manor, Dara. The council is on the move and they are after you. Remember the guy who helped you a while ago? His hideout is near here so we will go to that place.”

 

“You know that weird guy?”

 

*cough cough

 

My eyes went wide when Minho coughed blood. I noticed that his face became pale and his lips turned into light violet.

 

“H-hey, what’s wrong with you? Minho-ssi?” I asked. I’m really worried about his condition.

 

“Don’t worry, I’m fine.” He smiled at me softly. “H-hey, it’s not your fault so don’t show me that kind of face.”

 

“No, you are not fine!” I told him. I was really worried... I felt guilty because he is helping a stranger like me. “Get down first, we must treat your—“

 

*cough cough

 

“Yah! Minho-ssi! W-wait! Kyaaaaaaaah! Oh my gahd! I don’t want to die yet! MINHO-SSI!!!! WAKE UP!!!!” I yelled at him but he won’t wake up. I just closed my eyes and hugged Minho tight. “Aigoo, why do I always fall from high places?”

 

TUGSH!

 

I felt that we fell on something soft. I opened my eyes and I saw that we are now riding a super large bird, it looks like an eagle but it is not.

 

“Bird, can you hear me? Can you understand me? I need your help! We need to go somewhere to treat this guys wounds!”

 

Krooo krooo krooo

 

“Aish Dara, do you honestly think that this bird will understand you? Whatever! Bird-ssi, please let us down!” I even gestured hoping that the bird will understand what i’m trying to say but he just replied ‘Krooo krooo krooo’. After talking to it, it slowed down and it brought us to a castle on a floating island!!! I admit that I admired the scenery but Minho is my top priority right now! I get down to the bird and pulled Minho out of it.

 

“Big bird, thank you for bringing us here. If I see you next time, I will repay your kindness okay?” I smiled to it, hugged it and kissed it and it looks like its really happy. “Minho, don’t you dare die on me! I don’t even know what’s waiting for me on this floating island and I don’t want to be left here alone hmmm?! How can I return to my world if you die now? M-Minho-ssi... P-please don’t die...” I told him while crying non-stop. I really don’t know what to do. I stood up and went towards the large door and knocked on it. “Help me! Please! Is anybody there?!” I knocked several times but no one’s answering. I even tried to open the door but it’s lock.

 

“You have to hurry up, he will die in five minutes!” I heard someone said. I looked at my surrounding trying to find the owner of the voice but I can’t see her. “I’m here!”

 

“Uwaaaaaaah!” I screamed! I run towards Minho because of the tiny creature who suddenly popped up in front of me.

 

“D-don’t be scared, princess! It’s me, Gwyndolene...” said the tiny creature. “That young man was poisoned by a powerful sorcerer. I don’t know who but princess, you must hurry.”

 

“G-Gwyndolene? I... I don’t know you b-but how can I save this young man? He’s my only hope...” tears fell from my eyes.

 

“There are three ways princess... You can go to Dyiera’s lake to get the holy water of Syashaia which can cure everything but it’s three hours away from here and your safety can’t be guaranteed if you go to that place, however it is impossible to do that because you only have four more minutes to save this man. The second option is to heal him thru your powers... the last option and the best way for now is to kiss him...”

 

“K-kiss?!” I shouted at Gwyndolene, she just smiled at me. “I... I can’t do that! I...I do not love him!”

 

“Then is it okay for you to let this young man die?” said the purple fairy. I shook my head because my conscience can’t really take that. “Then kiss him and he will live.”

 

“F-fine... I’ll do it... M-Minho-ssi, sorry for taking a kiss from you...” I stared at his handsome face and slowly move my face closer to his but when I was about to kiss him, someone suddenly grabbed me away from Minho’s body. “Y-yah! Let go of me!”

 

“Are you trying my patience, young lady?! Who the hell give permission that you can kiss that guy?!”