Bashful and Slowpoke

The Enchantress

 

 

Four months have passed and now, it’s finally the opening of the new semester. Unfortunately, I’m running now because I’m really late. I smiled when I saw Donghae waiting at the corridor.

 

“Finally, you’re here. Our professor just went out to get the class card.”

 

“Then why did you go out? Tsk…”

 

“Because, I am waiting for someone special… Tsk tsk, let’s just go inside..”

 

“Who told you to wait for me?” I frowned at him.

 

“No one… It’s a given because I am courting you, young lady…” He smiled at me gently.

 

“And who told you to court me? Hmp…” I bit my lips, desperately stopping myself from smiling. Aish, this guy would definitely be the reason of my death. Why is he so handsome?

 

“No one, but I want to court you. Psh, you didn’t tell me that you are off limits and you are not rejecting me ayt? Well, even if you reject me now, I will still pursue you, whether you like it or not. So my lady, please smile now hmmm?” he said while gesturing for me to smile.

 

“Yeah right…” I pouted and turned my back on him. I want to squeal but I can’t because it’s embarrassing hahaha. An hour passed by and finally, our professor dismissed us. I was left alone at the corridor because Taeyeon said she’s been called at the student council’s office so she asked me to wait for er at the garden while Eunhyuk went off somewhere, maybe he needs to jump on some trees, keke. Joke… That fish too, it’s a miracle that he’s not with me right now…

 

“Is someone proposing to someone?” I asked myself as soon as I arrive in the garden. There’s a table in the middle and there’s so much food at the other table. There are many heart balloons surrounding the garden and rose petals at the ground. I am smiling while thinking that if someone would do this to me, I would definitely die from giddiness but my smile started to disappear when I saw Donghae holding a bouquet and smiling.

 

Wait? Is he proposing to someone? What the hell? Why is he courting me when he likes somebody else?

 

I looked around and saw Taeyeon and Eunhyuk with a band. They are playing “I’m only me when I’m with You” of Taylor Swift.

 

Gosh, those two are even accomplices in this?

 

I was about to run off somewhere without them noticing me but I heard Donghae call my name. I stopped and slowly turned to him.

 

“Yah! Miss Sandara Park! I know you’re dense so I’m telling you that this surprise event is for you and no one else!” I heard him shout and after processing in my mind what he said, I heard the audience laughing, at my expense again.

 

Do I look like a fool? I guess, I look like one… Am I really that dense?

 

He slowly walked towards me and I can’t even contain my feelings. My heart skipped a beat like some crazy gorilla… He kneeled in front of me and held my hand while smiling gently at me.

 

“Will you marry me, Miss Sandara Park?”

 

“M-marry you?! Are you out of your mind? We’re not even eighteen!” I blurted and he chuckled.

 

“I’m just kidding… Let me change that… Miss Sandara Park, will you be my girlfriend, please?”

 

I smiled at him. I really appreciate his effort. He seems nervous and I want to a bit kekeke. I turned my back on him but he suddenly grabbed me by my waist.

 

“What? Can’t you be a gentleman, Mr. Lee Donghae?” I pushed him away from me.

 

“Eh… Eh… Why are you turning your back on me without answering me?”

 

“Stop… I didn’t say anything right? I was about to sit down there at the table but you stopped me, hahaha… I really don’t get you sometimes.”

 

“So? You just want to eat there, right?!”

 

PAK!

 

“Ouch! Why did you hit me?!”

 

“Why are you so slow, Mr. Lee Donghae?”

 

“What? How can I be slow?”

 

“Did he really ask that Taeyeon?” I heard Eunhyuk said.

 

“Geez, I’m really hungry, fishy. Let’s just eat…”

 

“what’s your answer? Yes or no? I need an answer now. Right now!”

 

“Aish! So annoying! Don’t talk to me, I’m hungry. Let’s eat for now…” I sit down and looked at Taeyeon, they are laughing because of Donghae haha. His reaction are daebak.

 

“What’s your answer?”

 

“Don’t talk to me, I’m eating…”

 

“What’s your answer?”

 

“I won’t answer you if you ask me one more time.” He just scratched his head while I’m laughing at him secretly. After eating, I stood up and went to Taeyeon’s direction. I told her something to which she agreed and she immediately gave me her mic. I saw Donghae approaching us.

 

“Y-yah! W-what are you doing? Don’t tell me you will announce to the people here in the campus that I am rejected?!”

 

Your smile, I think I’ve seen it before

In a dream or place that I know

Can it be that you’re in front of my eyes

It’s like I’ve been hypnotized

Hold me inside that is real

I’m scared this moment might pass

They usually say, it’s too good to be true

But you break the rules

 

Could it be that you’re the one I’ve

Waited for, been patient for

It was worth it, you’re worth it

And I know It’s real this time

 

Didn’t know I could fall in love this way

Didn’t know that you’d take all my fears away

Didn’t know you’d be the man of my dreams

Didn’t know it now I know, now I know, know that you’re real
 

[here's the song, just Imagine Dara singing that kekeke]

 

 

 

Donghae dragged me and he gave the mic to Taeyeon. He’s really serious now and you know what? I really want to punch his face for being slow!!!

 

“What’s that song for?”

 

“NOTHING! IT’S A THANK YOU SONG FOR THE FOOD!!! BYE! SEE YOU TOMORROW GUYS!”

 

Aish! He’s really that slow?! What’s that song for? It’s a song of love!!!

 

“DARA! WHERE ARE YOU GOING! I NEED YOUR ANSWER!!!” I ignored him and went straight to home. I ignored his call. This time, it’s Taeyeon so I decided to answer her call.

 

“Hey best, Donghae will really get crazy now hahaha.” She laughed at the other line.

 

“Let him be, that fish is so slow…”

 

“Why don’t you just say ‘Yes’ to him if he’s slow? Are you shy?” Taeyeon teased me.

 

“Taeyeon…”

 

“Ayieh… My bestfriend is shy… If I know you’re really blushing right now hahaha. Oh, he told me that he’s going to your house right now. Goodluck best, tell him that magic word okay?”

 

As soon as I return home, my dad immediately asked me if I already said Yes to fishy. Tsk, even he? Aigoo, my dad is really weird.

 

“He’s slow dad. I even sang him a song but he didn’t get it!”

 

“Tsk tsk tsk, my little princess is shy hahaa…”

 

“Dad! I am not shy!”

 

“Then why are you blushing?”

 

“No I am not!”

 

“Yes you are!”

 

“Dara..” I saw Donghae standing at our door. Psh… Now he’s here, that fish is so slow but when running after me he’s like a lightning.

 

“I’ll go now baby. Have a goodnight!” dad left me alone with this fish.

 

“What?!”

 

“I love you… Do you love me too?” He asked me while he is still standing at our door… Gosh, why is he asking me that with our gap? If I told him no, will he run away immediately that’s why he’s just at the door? Let’s see… I’ll just some more.

 

“No, I don’t love you…” He looked down. I think, he’s about to cry.

 

Aigoo… This fish..

 

I walked towards him and smack his head.

 

“WHAT? You still smacked me even if you don’t love me!”

 

“It’s a YES” I told him and because I’m really embarrassed, I turned my back on him.

 

“Yes? YES? YES?!!! YES!!! TITO, WE’RE NOW A COUPLE!!!” he screamed while lifting me, still bridal style… I heard footsteps running to our direction and I saw daddy’s smiling face.

 

“Mrs. Choi, is the food okay?” I saw Mrs. Choi nodding while smiling.

 

“Food? Why?”

 

“Because it’s your first day as a couple!”

 

“DAD!!!”