Lucky

The Enchantress

HERO's POV

 

"Where are you going?" Ilwoo asked me.

 

"I'm going to stop this nonsense" I said with gritted teeth. Ilwoo and Soo Hyun both blocked me. "Get out of my way" I said calmly.

 

"Stay still. The head will not like it if you interfere." Soo Hyun said coldly.

 

"And do you think I care?"

 

"She already entered the arena. There's no turning back, Hero. Now, stay still if you don't want to increase the level of dangers awaiting to your apprentice." Ilwoo said. I sat on my chair and stared at the lady.

 

DARA's POV

 

"This is a test of wit, ability, and endurance! A test fit for the chosen apprentice of the higher ups of Trixa. A test who will sort who are qualified or who are not. Now, we are here to witness the lady brought by our number two to be his apprentice. Is she qualified or is she not qualified? Will she survive or will she die trying? For us to know, let the trial begin!" the host said and I heard the crowd cheers.

 

I scanned my surrounding and saw Jinhee looking nervous. Then I saw Hero, looking pissed while staring at me. I smiled and focused myself.

 

"For the first trial! Simple as it may seem, however, is it really simple? For the lady, you just have to get the flag but beware, dangers still await you. Begin" the host said again.

 

I just nodded. I spotted at least ten weapons in the area but I doubt if no trap was prepared for me to get that. I gently tapped the ground with my left foot and it gave me the answer I needed to have. At least hundreds of bombs are placed within the ground, one wrong move and I will be injured, worse, I will die, if only I am ordinary.

 

I heard some of the crowd made a 'boo' sound. I smiled and began my plan. I took a step on one of the bombs and it exploded. I secretly made a shield around my body and flew naturally to one of the weapons.

 

"BOO!!!" the crowd roared. I saw Hero stood up but the guy beside him dragged him to his chair.

 

"Oh! The lady got a kusarigama! But the miracle is she survived the explosion!" the host said in amusement, not minding the negative crowd. I secured the weapon and stared at Jinhee. I shook my head and decided not to play.

 

I went straight to the flag, avoiding all the bombs under the ground. I stopped walking when I am just five feet away from the flag. I pulled my kusarigama and waited. Seconds passed, I heard the gasp of the crowd when hundreds of fire arrows came to me but none of it touched me, instead, the arrows were cut into two. I turned my head to Jinhee's shocked face and gave her a thumbs up then proceeded to get the flag. I raised it like there's nothing, the crowd were too shocked but after a few minutes they finally clapped.

 

"What a great amount of luck!" the host said. I raised my eyebrow when he said that it is just a luck, not even acknowledging my skills and ability to grasp the situation. "Since the lady did not get any injury, the head decided to proceed to the next stage!" as soon as the host announced, a dragon appeared not far from me. Three more dangerous creatures were sent in the arena. the crowd cheered while some, especially Jinhee and Hero stood up and they look horrid. "These creatures are trained to kill! Few only survived and now, we shall know if the lady will be one of them." the host said in excitement.

 

I stared at the creatures and in front of me and they looked pained. I turned my head towards the head and examined his expression. He look like he's enjoying the show and he look like he expect me to fail and die. I took a deep breath and smiled at the creatures surrounding me.

 

"For this task, lady, you will be asked to get the bell attached to the creatures!" the host announced in delight.

 

"No way!" I heard someone said.

 

"No amount of luck will save you, young lady!" one of the crowd said and laugh evilly.

 

I rolled my eyes and just sat on the ground. "Look at her, she already accept her end!" I heard most of them laughed while pointing their filthy hands on me. Unforgiveable... unforgiveable... how dare they hurt these creatures... how dare they capture them and use them as killing tools out of their own volition.

 

I stayed on the ground. I closed my eyes and heard them unleashed the creatures. Minutes passed by, none of them dared attack me. Minutes passed, the crowd starts cursing the creatures and when I opened my eyes, I saw the trainor of the creatures hurt them. I breathe in and out then stood up. The dragon, the basilisk, the hydra, a many-headed creature who spits venom and when one cuts his head, two more head will grow, and a chimera, which has the head of a lion, the body of a goat and tail of a snake , cried in pain.

 

I slowly walked and get a dagger as my weapon. Then I turned to the host. "Yah! I can kill whoever is inside the arena, am I right?!" I asked, all of them looked at me and laugh, as if what I just said was a joke.

 

"Y-yes, lady! You can kill whoever is inside, that is if you can" the host said, still laughing.

 

"Alright! I'll take your word for that!" I shrugged my shoulders and did some stretching.

 

I approached the basilisk first. I stared at the trainor and smirked when I grabbed and took the bell easily from the basilisk, as if she just gave it to me. "Hurt her and you will be hurt." I warned and turned my back on him. I am just on my third step when the trainor of the basilisk attacked me from behind. I immediately dodged and grabbed his neck. "And that warning also applies to mine." I said and break his neck, enough for him to survive.

 

I then, approached the chimera, but before I can even get the bell, the trainor attacked me using a fire element. I moved back, enough to not cause any injury to the creatures. Three of the trainors surrounded me, releasing their elements at my presence.

 

"Wrong move" I smirked. As soon as they released their elements, it immediately vanished into thin air before approaching me.

 

As if you can attack me with that. I can make them vanish since I am stronger than all of you combined, but since you don't know, just keep on thinking. I guess, it will even take you years to realize.

 

They continue attacking me, still trying to throw fire, ice, and water but still, remain futile. I grabbed a hold of them and throw them on the ground, K.O.ed. I approached the three remaining creatures and get the remaining bells. Then I chanted some words, and they disappeared in the arena.

 

I made an illusion that they were sliced into pieces and vanished into thin air but truth is I teleported them secretly to our kingdom, sending a message that they shall be taken care of. I stared at the head, as if challenging him, if he knows or if he not know the high level spell I just did.

 

"FOR THE LAST TRIAL! ALL THOSE WHO WANT TO CHALLENGE THE LADY, AT THE ARENA NOW!" The head rise on his feet and made a shocking announcement.

 

Did I overdo it? Tsk, I did not know that the head will take it negatively. Now I am certain that he really wanted to kill me.

 

----

 

here's another up, hope you like it.