Because I am afraid to lose you!

The Enchantress

 

I gather all of my strength before I went out of the tent. We already left Alastar and we are now heading towards Wilbane. I frowned when I saw Jaejoong with Jiyeon, laughing out loud. My brows furrowed when I saw Jiyeon stole a kiss from Jaejoong and the Prince who claim to be my lover didn’t even give a damn about that stolen kiss.

 

“Ready to kill, Ssantoki? I can smell someone being jealous here.” I heard Bom said. I glance at her and she’s smirking at me, annoying me more.

 

“What are you talking about, Bommie-ah? I don’t even have a target”

 

“Don’t kid me, Dara-ah. Your target is just 100 meters away from us, hahaha! Do I need to name those two hmmm?”

 

“Whatever! I’ll just stroll around and breathe some fresh air. It seems like the air here is polluted, psh! Later!” I waved at her and started to walk away. I gave an exasperated sigh and I just can’t help but shot a fireball targeting the poor tree but before it could even touch the tree I cancelled the fireball. I jumped upwards and sat on the highest point of some tree, clutching my chest. “Argh! Stop hurting you damn heart of mine. Psh! That Prince don’t even give a damn about what you feel now since he already found someone to replace you! Ugh! What did he say to me? He will love only me? Don’t give me that crap! He’s even enjoying flirting with that girl!”

 

I tried to concentrate but I can’t. Whenever I closed my eyes, Jaejoong and that girl always show up and it irritates me more. Psh! Why did they even tagged her here? She’s just adding to my worry ugh! And why do I even feel this now? I am not jealous! Really? I am not really jealous... I am telling you that I am not jealous! Believe me! Ugh! Am I making any sense here? I guess, I am thinking nonsense but who cares? Nobody cares but me.

 

“Aigoo... Stop thinking, Dara!” I muttered. “Why are you mad?” I asked myself. “Yah! You don’t have the right to be annoyed because he is not yours okay? Why don’t you just do what you need to do first before feeling this way? Settle the score with Donghae and Jaejoong first okay? Oh! And you already decided to leave them both and yet why are you feeling this way towards Jae? Wae?! You unfaithful gal!” I whined, talking to myself like a crazy girl. “Relax, Dara. Breathe in... Breathe out...” I tried to calm myself when that painful feeling came back again. I loosened my clothes so that I can breathe properly but when I saw the black mark on my chest, I tightened it again.

 

“Looks cool, but deadly. Psh!” I commented when I saw the mark. After calming myself, I scanned the whole area and I saw Donghae walking alone. I stood up but before I could jump down, I stumbled because the ground suddenly shook. My eyes went wide when I saw three Ogres near my location and it seems like they are heading towards Donghae.

 

Ogres are weak against fire and poison but I can’t shoot them with fire because Donghae might see it. I jumped down and gather pieces of stone and jumped up again. I focused on my target and shoot them one by one to get their attention. I know that their attention will definitely go into me because they like to target girls like me. I desperately waved my hands and I sighed in relief when they started to run towards me. I jumped down and lean back on the tree while waiting for the Ogres to arrive.

 

“Aigoo... How do I defeat those three? Their bodies are hard, they are smarter than cyclops and if ever I jump on ones back, it’s possible that I will receive severe damage. If I used my power to summon a bow or sword, someone might possibly see me, hence revealing my secret.” I mumbled. I hold on to the tree as I felt the ground shaking because of those three ogres. I heave a sigh when I saw them standing not that far from me, each of them has their beloved club with metal spikes.

 

“Uma!” said the smallest one.

 

“Mkkhuir!” said the medium one.

 

As if I have plan to be your food...

 

The bigger one faced the one who said that I am his food. “ghgkafti chkseiane chothriam den mmkkou dhiko souh! Gggreida hgia mmro fhiora tis khai ggrhia hdai hdkal mahdake hgdai mou!” the other one argue telling the first one that he saw me first and he will make me his wife.

 

“In your dreams!” I said, looking at them with no sign of fear. They look at each other and started to argue. “Well then, just fight. I’ll go now” I decided to leave them be and started to walk away but the three let out a loud howl. “Yah! Are you out of your mind?!” I turned my back and faced the three. “Thanks to your scream, you’ll die an early death. If I were you, I won’t dare attack me. Go now before someone sees you. And, I am warning you if you touch someone here in the forest, I won’t let you off.”

 

“Ggrhdaiah!” said the three and they started to dash towards me. I ran everywhere, careful not to be caught by those ogre.

 

“Yah! Yah! Yah! I already told you not to attack me! Aish!” I said while running.

 

“DARA!!!!” I heard Donghae called for me. I saw him standing not that far from me and he looks mad but at the same time worried for me.

 

“Yah! Run!” I yelled but instead of running away he ran towards my direction. “Donghae-ah!?!” I said, wide eyed. He finally reached up to me and grab my hand. “Why did you do that!?” I yelled at him while looking back at the mad Ogres behind us. I stopped and immediately pushed Donghae to the side while I dodge to my right. “Run! Don’t mind me, Donghae-ah! You better ask for hel---“

 

“Damn! I won’t leave you here alone, Dara!” He said while standing. “I won’t let you be eaten by those shrek!” he angrily said while pointing at the ogres.

 

“Errr...”

 

“Just dodge while you can, I will definitely save you Angel!”

 

I glanced at the ogres and they are not paying attention to Donghae. They are just looking at me, drooling.

 

“Aish! I am not your food and I will never be your wife!” I said annoyed just by looking at them.

 

 

W-well... Can I think about it first? Being this ogre’s wife? Err..

 

I stared at the Ogre who said that he wants me to be his wife and face palmed.

 

Aigoo! Stupid Dara! Why did I even think about it? Mother and Father would definitely throw a fit if they knew I considered this ogre as my husband even in a split of second.

 

I was startled when the Ogre’s growled at me and  began to attack me with their metal spikes club but I dodged perfectly every attack.

 

I remember that Donghae is still here and I glanced at him. “I’ll be fine, Donghae! Go now while they are not paying attention to you! Just ask for help, we can’t defeat these Ogres by ourselves!” I yelled at him, still running and dodging.

 

“No! I won’t leave you! I already told you, I will protect you!” he firmly said.

 

“Woaaaaaah!!!!” I bowed down and rolled. I quickly stood up and dash from left to right. “Weeeeeh!!!!” I jumped upwards and cling on the tree branch, spinning like a pro acrobat. After a spin I relase my hold to the tree branch and landed four hundred fifty meters away from the Ogres.

 

“Hdgdtah! Ghdtdahkach!” they said while chasing me. I ran deeper into the forest but I accidentally slipped and sprained my ankle.

 

“Ouch....” I flinched as I tried to stand up.

 

“DARA!!!!” I heard Donghae screamed in fear. I stared at him, feeling sorry.

 

 

Ba-dump

 

 

Ba-dump

 

My heart is beating faster  as the Ogre come near me. I nervously smiled at the three while I saw Donghae trying to catch up.

 

“Mkkkkdahruai! Hdyaukla idhateho hdaihd!” the medium one said and before I could even dodge he already grabbed me with his large hand. “Hyduahkl hduaeiuh jmmmkkdha!” he angrily said.

 

“Let go of her!!!” I heard Donghae said.

 

“Please run, Donghae-ah...”

 

“LET HER GO!” he ordered. I suddenly felt a chill when he said that. I don’t know if I am just nervous or what but I think his aura changed.

 

“mmmkdkaggdia ghdakdu!” the medium ogre holding me squeezed me and I can’t help but scream in pain.

 

Stupid Ogre... If only I could use my powers...

 

“R....run Dong---- Kyaaaaaah!” I screamed when suddenly the ogre’s head blew up! I fell on it’s grasp but instead of falling into the ground, someone caught me...

 

“D-Dong---“

 

“I already told you... I will protect you no matter what.” Donghae seriously said to me. He put me down on the corner and kissed me on my forehead. “Wait here, Angel...” he turned his back on me before I could even utter a word. A tear fell on my cheeks while I’m still processing what’s happening right now.

 

D-Donghae just saved me from that Ogre... he... he used his powers...

 

I watched him fight the two Ogre, at first I can’t believe what I just saw. I thought that someone other than him blew that Ogre’s head but no... It’s him...

 

After defeating the remaining two, he ran towards me and embraced me tight. “You are now safe, Angel...”

 

“Y-you... Y-you h-have powe---“

 

“Shhhh...” he hushed me. I saw his index fingers releasing a silver light. “You’ll forget eve—“

 

I quickly moved back. “W-wha—“

 

“Don’t be afraid, Angel. I won’t do you harm...” he assured me but I shook my head. He wants to erase my memories so how can I remain calm?!

 

“S-stay where you are, D-Donghae...” I said and when I look at him, there’s a pain in his eyes.

 

“Trust me, Angel.”

 

“NO!!! When did you have powers Donghae? When?!” I yelled, feeling betrayed. All this time, I thought that he has no memories of the past but seeing him now using his powers, I am now sure that the seal was already broken.

 

“Angel... Please just forget ever---“

 

“No! You can’t do that to me, Donghae-ah! Why would you want me to forget what I just knew? Why?”

 

“I... I am sorry, Dara...”

 

“Sorry for what?!” I asked him in tears. He tried to approach me again but I just moved back, away from him. “Why didn’t you tell me, Donghae? Wh-“

 

“Because I am afraid to lose you, Dara!  Because if you knew that I have powers, you will know that I am from here.. That I am that man’s bestfriend! That I am this Kingdom’s Prince! Because if I told you, we won’t have a reason to continue our journey...” he painfully said but I just can’t bring myself to stay calm.

 

I know I don’t have the right to be angry because I myself is hiding something from him... much worst than this one but what can I do? Even if my mind told me to forgive him, my heart won’t let it. At first I was shocked, then came the feeling of relief, but at the same time I felt betrayed when he kept this thing a secret from us... from me. All this time I really believe that he has no memory of his past... All this time I kept on thinking how he can be safe and how can I not drag him to this mess... but it seems that all of my worry is not needed.

 

“So you chose to fool us, is that it, Donghae-ah?”

 

He broke down in tears, looking at me with so much love and regret. “I am really sorry, Angel... I just love you so much that’s why I kept it a secret...” he reached up to me and held my hands. “I won’t make you forget... I am sorry, Dara. Please... Look at me, Angel..”

 

I stared at him. “You really won’t tell me if this incident didn’t happen right? Y-you will continue to lie to me right... You told me to trust you but Donghae-ah... you are the one who don’t trust me...”

 

“I trust you!!!”

 

“If you trust me, you will tell me!!!!”

 

“And If I do that, you will leave me! If I confess that I am this Kingdom’s Prince, everything will go back... You, being the Princess of Jiaro! Jaejoong being the Prince of Latviana and being your lover and I being the Prince of this Kingdom... as Jaejoong’s bestfriend... as your bestfriend... I don’t want to tell you, Dara... I don’t want to confess especially now that your feelings for me have ch---“

 

PAK!

 

“You’ve changed..” I tried my best to stand up. I turned my back on him but to my surprise he pinned me on the tree and forcefully kissed me! “Hmmmmpf!!! Hmmmmsp!” I struggled but I can’t escape from him.

 

“You’ve changed me... You gave me your love and I won’t let it go. I won’t let you go because you are only mine. I am sorry, Angel but I must erase your memories.” he hold me tight while releasing that light again.

 

“No! Stop it, Donghae! Please!!!” I said, crying. What have I done? What I have done to him? Donghae is not this kind of man... He is not selfish... Donghae is kind...