Her Secret

The Enchantress

 

DARA’s POV

 

It’s been twelve days since we left them in that forest and to tell you the truth, I am always thinking of them. What are they doing? Did I hurt them when I left? Did they cry when they found out that we’re gone? There are many possibilities and yet I still don’t know. I am still clueless because all I did was left them, afraid to find the answers on my own.

 

“Where are you going, Dee?” Bom get up from the bed and rubbed her eyes.

 

“I’m sorry for waking you, Bommie-ah. I just need to breathe some fresh air.” I told her but she looked at me, doubtly.

 

“You are not allowed to go out, Dara-ah. This city is already in chaotic state and I can’t let you go out there and acquire the same disease as them. You already had that thing and please, I am begging you....”

 

“I can manage!”

 

“Aish! You already have that curse in you and yet you can’t stay still?! Ugh!” she yelled at me, letting her frustrations out and I... I just can’t find my words anymore when she said that I am cursed...

 

 

Flashback

 

 

I woke up early and I saw Bom and Chaerin still sleeping soundly. I slowly get up and covered them with the blanket.

 

It’s still dawn...

 

I changed my clothes and went out. I looked at my surroundings and see no one. I guess it is really too early to get up. I keep on walking and smiled when I saw the place I’ve seen yesterday with Donghae. The place seems really magical, the inside is spacious unlike the entrance. I didn’t even imagine that there would be trees here. The center of the cave  is surrounded by trees and waterfalls. Then there is even a floating castle at the center of the lake.

 

I sat on the large rock and embraced myself while looking at the water.

 

“Argh!” I winced in pain, holding my chest from the sudden attack of the mysterious pain I am feeling. I breathe in and out, still looking at the water. “Aish! Why me?!” I asked myself, letting my tears fall because the pain is more stronger now. “Damn! How can I think straight if whenever I keep on thinking about Jae, it would suddenly attacked me!” I yelled and shot my fireball somewhere.

 

“Hahahaha!” I heard someone laugh. “So my theory is correct, Ssantoki” Bom said. She flew towards me and whack my head. “Stupid rabbit. You could’ve told me that you already regain all your memories.” She said while pouting. “Having a hard time? You can tell me all of your concerns and I’ll listen.”

 

I heave a sigh. “Still the same old Bommie. You are always the first one to notice that there is something bothering me.”

 

“Of course, we grew up together from the time we are still at our mothers’ womb kekeke.” She proudly said which made me giggle. “What is their rank now?” she suddenly asked which brought me pain again. “Seriously, what’s wrong with you Dee?” she worriedly asked, noticing how I jerk from that sudden pain.

 

“I am cursed..” I smiled at her bitterly.

 

“CURSE?! How can you say that you are curse?” she suddenly stood up from the shock.

 

“here” I showed her my chest and her eyes went wide when she saw the little black mark on my chest, the she cried. “Y-yah! Stop crying, Bommie-ah. It’s not like you” I told her because if she’s crying like this, I am afraid that I too, will cry.

 

“H-how? W-when? W-what kind of curse?” she asked, still crying horribly.

 

“I... I don’t know... May be I got it when I met Jae.” I sadly told her, still keeping my composure. “I just realized what kind of curse is this... And this mark appeared as soon as I woke up..” I told her while calming myself. Well, I need to have everything to keep myself calm because I don’t know when I will break down.

 

“W-wait... I am a witch too... I can lift that curse..” Bom finally got her composure and I just stared at her. She stood up and materialize her scepter then she started to chant the words to lift the curse but... “N-No... Let me try again!” She said when she saw that the black mark is still there. She tried and tried and tried but to no avail, the curse casts upon me was never lifted.

 

She started to cry again and I don’t know what to feel anymore. I am happy that she tried at the same time I lost all hope when the curse was not lifted. I wanted to comfort her and stop her from crying but I don’t have the right to do that because I can’t even comfort myself from this misery.

 

“I’ll try again, Ssantoki... M-May be it isn’t effective because I don’t know what kind of curse is that. Tell me, w-what is your curse?”

 

I shook my head. “J-just stop, Bommie-ah. I can manage...” my eyes welled up and my voice cracked. The truth is, I don’t want to tell her what kind of curse is it... because I don’t want to admit it... I want to deny it..

 

“No... Tell me, Ssantoki! Don’t lose hope, Jaejoong... Yes right! Jaejoong will bring Hyun Joong here and he will heal you! Come on! Let’s go! Maybe they’re already there!” she grabbed my hand and pulled me up.

 

“I don’t want to see Jae... I can’t...”

 

“W-why?” she asked, confused of my words.

 

“B-Because I can’t.. I am afraid... I am afraid that I will just collapse in front of him again.” I let our my frustrations and cried.

 

“D-don’t tell me---“

 

“Yes! Even I don’t want to admit it, Bommie-ah! If I see him, If I get near him I know I will lose my consciousness! If he’s near, I am afraid I won’t wake up anymore! I don’t want this to happen... I don’t want this... Why? Why me? Is it not enough to have one sleeping beauty? Why did that person cursed me and made me the worst version of sleeping beauty? Wherein, I can’t even have a prince who can lift the curse just by giving me one true loves kiss?!” I dropped on my knees and just cried hysterically.

 

“Y-you love him...”

 

“I can’t love him!” I shouted. “I am not allowed to love him but B-Bommie-ah... my heart cannot stop loving him... It hurts.. It hurts Bommie-ah”

 

“Please stop now, Ssantoki! I want you and Jaejoong together but if loving him will be the cause of your death, then just stay with Donghae!”

 

I clutch my chest because my heart feels like it’s about to explode. “Ugh! D-damn...” I grabbed a hold of the grass because of the pain. Bom dropped on her knees and held my shoulders.

 

“Stop loving him!”

 

“N-no!” I yelled. “It won’t change anything... The moment... I started to l-love him again... my curse began...”

 

“Just stay with Donghae, I will not be against it!”

 

“Thank you, Bommie-ah... but even if I stay with Donghae this curse won’t be lifted. Feelings can’t be changed that easily... Once it started, it is hard to stop...”

 

“Ssantoki...”

 

“Don’t show me that face, Bommie-ah... Y-you know... I’ve already decided, I will let go of Donghae... it is too unfair for him if I will remain as his lover while I am loving someone other than him... You know what? Yesterday, when we went out... I really felt guilty... I don’t want him to think that I am just using him to forget my feelings for Jae... If I continue to be with him, he’ll be hurt. He’ll notice in no time that something changed and I don’t want us to arrive at that point... Being with me won’t make him happy too... His love for me is too pure and I don’t want to taint that kind of love...” I honestly said but thinking of leaving him made my heart broken too... I did love him, trust me... I really did love him...

 

When I met him in the mortal world, I was happy... In that world, my love for him is pure but right now... it is not. I don’t want to fool him anymore. I don’t want to be selfish anymore so I am letting them go. It is time for them to find their own happiness.

 

“Are you sure about this, Dee?”

 

I nodded. “Y-yeah... you don’t know how much I’ve thought of this...”

 

“And when did you think of all of this?”

 

“Yesterday, when I am with him... then I confirmed it while I was talking to you now...”

 

“Pabo...”

 

End of flashback

 

“Stop worrying, Bommie-ah. Did you forget who I am?” I asked her and she just raised her eyebrow.

 

“I know who you are but my answer is still NO.”

 

“Aigoo! Why are you so over protective?” I face palmed and sat on the couch. “Well then, just come with me.” I told her.

 

“Eh?! The sun is not set yet and you want me to go out?! Give me a break, Ssantoki! I slept late yesterday and I am freaking tired helping the people of Ouros! First, I lifted the curse casts upon this poor city, then plague came and Hyun Joong-ssi and I ran everywhere to heal them and we are not even done yet! Just stay here and let me rest okay?” she whined.

 

“Then just stay here and I’ll go out alone”

 

“NO!”

 

“Aish! You are really stubborn---“

 

 

Dug dug

 

 

 

 

Dug Dug

 

 

Suddenly, my heart began to beat faster...

 

 

“Ssantoki? H-hey...” I felt her hand touch me.

 

 

“D-dementors...”

 

 

I saw the horror in Bom’s face and I know why... It’s the reason of her parents demise. They her parents soul...

 

“I’ll kill them” she angrily said and before I can stop her, she disappeared in front of me! I was about to run after her but the pain in my heart stopped me from doing so.

 

I dropped on my knees and gripped my chest.

 

“Lady Dara! Lady Dara!!!” I heard someone knocking on the door. “I’m sorry but I will enter now!”

 

“W-what’s wr---“

 

“Are you alright, Lady Dara?” I glanced at Jaehyo and he looked worried.

 

“I... I am alright...” I forced a smile. I was about to stand up when he suddenly lifted me. “H-hey! What are you doing?!”

 

“We must hurry up. I need to get you out of here.” He told me.

 

“Why? What’s happening outside?”

 

“I can’t tell you.”

 

 

------

 

I'm sorry for not updating for so long. I won't promise when I can update but if I have time, I'll definitely grab that opportunity! Sorry for making you wait -_-...