How they met

The Enchantress

 

 

“Be madly in love with me, Sandara Park”

 

I gasped when he said that. I’m in shocked. Who would have thought that he will say those words to me? I saw our classmates talking to each other, even they, are surprise.

 

“C-come again?”

 

“I said, be madly in love with me…” he told me seriously.

 

“W-why should I? You’re rude, you ignore me sometimes, you always tease me and most especially you are dangerous… Why would I fall for someone like you?” I told him but you know what? It’s funny because my heart feels his pain… I dunno why… Am I falling for him? Can I fall for him in a short period of time? “I-I’m sorry but I can’t answer you right now… I can’t accept your feelings.”

 

“I know… I knew it from the start that you and I can’t be together… Sorry to bother you… Just forget what I’ve said today…” he walked away from me. Are you kidding me? He just said that and now he’s telling me to forget those things?! How the hell can I forget what he just said! It’s freakin’ disturbing! 

 

“Are you okay, Dara?” Taeyeon asked me.

 

“Y-yeah…”

 

“He’s really in love with you… Two years? That guy is so loyal for loving you for two years. But you told me that you just met him at the Park, is he a stalker?”

 

“I-I don’t know Taeyeon… I really can’t remember him… But it seems that I encountered him already but I can’t figure it out…” I said to her.

 

“W-wait! You lost your memories two years ago! Maybe you met him within that timeframe!?” Taeyeon told me while massaging his chin.

 

Why can’t I remember him? Is he someone important?

 

“Dara, where are you going?!!!” Taeyeon shouted at me but I ignored her. I need to find the truth, I must talk to that guy! I just can’t stay here while my feelings are in turmoil.

 

“Where are you going?” I saw Eunhyuk blocking my way.

 

“I will go after your bestfriend…”

 

“If you can’t remember him, why will you search for him? You’re hurting my bestfriend.” He asked while glaring at me.

 

“Get out of my way, you freakin’ monkey!” I yelled at him. I’m really frustrated and I don’t know why! My tears started to fall and I can’t stop thinking about Donghae’s pained expression. All the things he just said keeps on repeating inside my head. Somehow, it hurts me… I wanted to run after him and I really wanted to know if we really have some kind of connection.

 

“M-monkey?! Psh! Yah! Stop crying! Have you gone crazy? Aish! I’ll tell you this just once, Park. That guy pretended that he don’t really know you when he met you at the Park. He transferred here even if he’s forbidden to be near you because you are a Park. He tried to be rude to you, he teased you so that you two can have connection even if it means YOU, hating him but I guess he can’t hide his feelings for you anymore so he finally confessed. Let him forget you, Dara. Stay away from him. After all you two can’t be together. He’s a Lee and you’re a Park.”

 

“Eunhyuk! What did you do to Dara?! Why is she crying?!” Taeyeon run towards our direction and hide me behind her back.

 

“I just told her to stay away from Donghae… DONGHAE… THAT FISH DONGHAE…” Eunhyuk emphasized the word ‘Fish’ and ‘Donghae’ and now it’s all coming back to me…

 

“F-fishy… He’s fishy?”

 

“What are you blabbering about Dara? Fish? You just want a fish that’s why you are crying? Have you gone mad now? I know that you are weird but you brought the word weird to another level, best”

 

“He’s in the rooftop, young lady. Go now okay? Don’t make my bestfriend wait for his angel forever…” Eunhyuk finally smiled at me.

 

“T-thank you Monkey!” I run as fast as I can. How can I be stupid to forget that fish? Is it because of his hair? His hair color? His body built or his face? Maybe because he’s matured now and he looks kinda gangsterish unlike two years ago.

 

[flashback]

 

I went to the hospital’s garden and sat at the bench. I don’t know why I’m here. They said that they found me in the forest unconscious and when I woke up I can’t remember anything except my name. The doctor said that one of the possibilities why my memory lost is because of the impact when I hit a large rock. I tried to remember but it’s still useless, my head just hurts whenever I tried to. My gaze darted to the other boy opposite to my direction, his expression looks like the world is gonna end. I stood up and went to him.

 

“Hello!” I greeted him with a smile. Our eyes met and he gently smiled at me but it’s just a millisecond! Millisecond?! Argh! “Aigoo! Why don’t you smile some more? I am observing you from afar and you seemed preoccupied and… and… base from your expression, it’s like it’s the end of the world.” I said but he ignored me. I keep on talking but he’s not even responding so I decided to leave him for a second. I saw that there’s many roses in the garden so I plucked some of it. I walked towards the problematic boy.

 

“Tadah!” he looked at me with surprise in his eyes. “You know what? You should not be sad…” I sat beside him and played with the roses I just plucked. “You should be happy because you are still here in earth and---“

 

“What do you know?!” I gulped when he suddenly yelled at me. But I manage to smile again.

 

“What do I know? Nothing… I do not know nothing about you… I don’t even know myself because I lost my memories… It saddens me but still I’m happy because I have so much time to be with my love ones. You should do that do, many are worried to you, many loves you so you should be happy… We must live for the sake of our love ones… No matter what happens, we must continue to live and be happy.”

 

“How can I continue to live if I can’t even remember my name?! If I don’t even know the people surrounding me?”

 

I stood up and faced him. I smiled at him and offered him the roses I just plucked.

 

“Then, I’ll introduce myself to you… I’m Sandara Park and I’ll be your friend from now on.. If you will only let me” I offered him my hands but he just looked at it, minutes past and he’s still not accepting my handshake. I was about to put my hand down when he grabbed my hand and he also get the roses I offered. “So, you accept me as your friend?”

 

“Yeah… but only for now..”

 

“Well, since we are already friends, can I know your know name?” I asked but he just raised his eyebrows on me.

 

“Didn’t I said that I don’t even know my name? I can’t remember anything right?” he said to me, annoyed of my stupid question.

 

“E… he.. he…” I gulped. I searched my empty head for tips on how to do on this kind of situation when I saw his necklace. I moved closer to him and smiled.

 

“W-what?!” he stuttered.

 

“Hmmm… D?” I took hold of his pendant. It seems familiar to me but I can’t figure out where did I see that pendant. Memory loss too right? Kekeke… “Devin? Dadoong? Dudoong? Dada? Dag? Dalek? Dalphin? Danladi? Dard? Dareh? Darian? Dario? Demas? Demos? Dickon? Dobry? Doug? Dusa? D---“

 

“STOP!!! What kind of names are those? That’s so ugly! Doug? Do I look like a dog?! Dadoong? Dudoong? That name do not match on this handsome face of mine!”

 

“Psh! You don’t have the right to complain, be thankful to me because I took an effort thinking what names starts with letter D, duh!”

 

“Aish! Can’t you give me something that match this face of mine?”

 

“Aigoo… You’re so conceited Mr. Donghae!” I just said out of nowhere. He looked at me and nodded.

 

“Hmmm… That name… I like that… From now on, I am Donghae the great Donghae…” he said with satisfaction and he patted my head.

 

“Whatever!” he just laughed at me and I joined him too kekeke.

 

We talked a lot and days passed by. I like his company and I feel like he also feels that way. But there are some things that meant to end. We won’t always be there by each others side, especially now… My father already found me and I will be discharged today from the hospital.

 

“D.. Donghae…” he looked at me. I smiled at him, sadly.

 

“Why?” he walked towards me and messed my hair. “You looked sad? You should be happy because you just saw my heavenly face”

 

“F-fishy… I will be discharged today…” he wiped my tears and hugged me.

 

“Stop crying, Dara… It’s not like it’s the end of the world.” He smiled at me gently.

 

“Who wouldn’t cry? We’re here for how many weeks but still, no one visits you. I am the only one you know here.. I am the only one who have the patience talking to you… Who would take care of you when I am gone? Who would pay your hospital bills? What if they don’t release you because you can’t pay them!” I said while crying.

 

“Psh! My hospital bill is not your problem anymore. Don’t worry about me, I can manage myself and FYI, someone is paying for my hospital bill, I just don’t know who. Someone left me a calling card and gave me an address. I just stayed here because of you…”

 

“Psh! Why didn’t you say so?!”

 

“Of course, why would I tell you if you didn’t even ask me in the first place? Aish! Stop crying, lady… You look so ugly when crying” he told me. I was about to answer when someone knocked on the door and the two men in black appeared in front of us.

 

“Young lady, we need to go now.” I just nodded. I gave Donghae my stuff toy.

 

“Yah! Don’t you dare forget me! I’ll hate you if you do! And go home a---“ I didn’t manage to complete my speech when he suddenly hugs me.

 

“Just let me hug you for the last time…” he whispered. I hugged him too and I started to cry again… “I told you not to cry… I’ll never forget you…” he broke our hug and he smiled at me. “Thanks for everything, Angel… Take care of yourself okay?”

 

“Young lady, your dad says we need to go now…”

 

“Go now… Take care okay?”

 

[end of flashback]

 

I stopped in front of the door and breathe deeply…

 

“DONGHAE!!!” I search for him and saw him lying in the floor. “Yah! Wake up!” I desperately shook his body to wake him up. It scares me, what if I hurt him and he decided to die? I slapped him hard to wake him up. He opened his eyes and touched his now red cheeks, the he glared at me.

 

“What now? I just fell asleep and here you are shouting and you dare slap me? It hurts you know…”

 

“S-sorry… I thought you.. you did something stupid…”

 

“What are you doing here? Don’t tell me you’re cutting class?” I just stared at him. He really did changed. That time, even if he’s mad he still looks like an angel. Maybe because he’s just wearing white in the hospital kekeke.

 

“Sorry…”

 

“Sorry for what? For slapping me? H-hey! Why are you crying? Are you hurt somewhere? Is there any prob--” I hugged him tight.

 

“D-don’t move… Just let me hug you for a while..”

 

“W-what’s wrong, Dara? Why are you crying? Is it because you’re guilty for rejecting me? Or is it because for slapping my handsome face?” I just shook my head. “Then why are you crying? Please don’t cry in front of me…” he wiped up my tears and smiled softly.

 

“D-Donghae… D-Donghae-ah…”

 

“Why are you crying? I told you to stop crying in front of me… I don’t want to see you crying, Dara…”

 

“Fishy…”

 

“Aish! I said--- you said fishy?” I nodded.

 

“Tsk… I see… You remember me now that’s why you’re crying?” I nodded again and he instantly hugged me tight.

 

“I’m sorry… It’s your fault. I can’t recognize you because of that hair of yours! Why is it spiky?” he laughed at me. “Yah! Why are you laughing?!”

 

“Nothing… So what if my hair is like this? I’m still handsome right?” I pout at him and he just laugh heartily.

 

“Yah! Stop laughing! I’m starting to get mad fishy!!! Hmp!” I stood up and turned my back on him. I’m really pissed off.. My eyes went wide when he suddenly lift me, bridal style.

 

“I’m sorry… I’m just happy, my angel…”

 

“Hmp!”

 

“Sorry… I’m sorry, I’m just happy… I’m really really really really happy… But I’m a little bit sad…”

 

“W-why?”

 

“Because you can’t recognize me… And you’re the one who said two years ago not to forget but you’re the one who forget my heavenly face”

 

“I’m sorry fishy… but… you’re still conceited like before…”

 

“So now, you two are sweet?” Donghae put me down when we heard Taeyeon. She’s with Eunhyuk.

 

“No we’re not!” we both said.

 

“Don’t deny it. We saw it tsk tsk tsk. Let’s go now and celebrate your reunion, lovebirds.”