Shining, Shimmering, Splendid

The Enchantress

 

 

“Do we really have to climb that?” I asked Jaejoong while pointing at the high cliff in front of us.

 

“Why? Are you afraid?” Jaejoong smirked at me.

 

“Who said I am afraid? Hmp! I can climb that!” I lied even though I knew that I cannot climb that high.

 

“Don’t worry, I’ll assist you so you won’t fall.” Jae said. He climb first and I followed. “Don’t look down, Dara” He warned me when we reached at least FIFTY FEET!

 

Relax Dara! Don’t look down. Don’t look down. Don’t you dare look down!

 

“Are you okay, Dara?”

 

“Y-yeah... I’m fine...” I responded.

 

“Just bear with it, Princess. We’re near the top.” He murmured. And true to his word, after a few minutes he already reached the top. I sighed and I accidentally looked down.

 

“Kyaaaaah!” I missed my steps and I just closed my eyes. I thought I was gonna fall but Jae suddenly grabbed my hand and he pulled me up.

 

“I told you not to look down, didn’t I?” he said. I just kept quiet because I’m really scared back there. “It’s alright now.” He assisted me. “Look, Dara!” He said and I just followed.

 

“Woah! It’s beautiful!” I said, amazed by the beauty of the scenery in front of us. The river is shining and the water is really clear that you can see every living and non-living things on it. “Jae! It’s the waterfall! The waterfall that I’ve seen when we’re flying from above!” I said while jumping in joy. “Let’s go up there!” I held Jae’s hand and he looked at me in surprise. “Hey! Don’t just stand in there!” I said and I just dragged him along with me. “Woah! Look Jae! The flower’s are blooming one by one! Look!” I pointed at the flowers which are glowing as we passed by.

 

“Those are Zerintis. They bloom and glow whenever someone walks near them.” Jae said while we’re walking.

 

“They’re beautiful.”

 

“You’re more beautiful.” I heard him whisper but I pretended not to hear it. I just followed him and we we’re now walking on a floating stairs full of diamonds! How much do these cost when I sell it to my world? It must cost a lot and I’m gonna be a muti-billionaire kekeke. “I know what you’re thinking” Jae suddenly said and my eyes just went wide again.

 

“W-what?” I stuttered. What he said just made me nervous because if he really knows what I’m thinking then he must know what I’ve been thinking about him when we’re together!

 

“Hahaha, I’m just joking! Even if I can read minds, I can’t read yours.” He smirked at me. “Let’s go fast, my princess.” He suddenly held my hands and dragged me upstairs. And woah! It really is breathtakingly beautiful! The waterfall and the river below is no match in the waterfalls and the shining lake in front of me! There are various kinds of flowers and trees surrounding the whole area and you can see different kinds of creatures! From butterflies to flower fairies and I suppose those young maidens sitting and playing on the lake are called Naiads or to be specific Limnatides if my memory serves me right? Well, in the mortal world they are called that right?

 

“Are you alright, Princess? It seems like you can’t take your eyes off the beautiful scenery in front of you?” I looked at Jae and he’s still smirking at me. I guess, he really enjoyed my expression psh! “Don’t look at me like that! It’s not my fault that your eyes are sparkling from amazement right? Tsk tsk” he said while shaking his head.

 

“Princess!” my gaze darted to the young little maiden levitating towards our direction! “It’s good to see you back here!” she said and I just look at her, clueless. “Oh, I’m sorry. I should introduce myself again to you... Ehem... I am Vera, at your service” she smiled at me and bowed and the next thing I knew, I just flew and was thrown into the water!

 

“W-what the---“

 

“HAHAHAHA! Serves you right, my dear little princess! How dare you forget us? Hmp” she said. Thereafter, I heard all of the Limnatides laughed, including the Oh so great, Kim Jaejoong!

 

“H-hey!” I heard Jaejoong but before I could even react, he too, was thrown in the water! Beside me! “Yah! Why did you throw me too!” Jaejoong yelled at Vera.

 

Smack!

 

“Ouch! Why did you hit me?”

 

“Serves you right! How dare you laugh at me huh? Aigoo, now my spare clothes are all wet and it’s all your fault!” I blamed him while pointing at the bag where my spare clothes are.

 

“Princess, why would you blame me? It is not my fault. I just laugh because you are too cute when Vera threw you hahahaha. And don’t worry about your clothes, you can dry them while we’re having fun here, right?” Jaejoong gently said to me. I didn’t argue with him anymore because that is just useless. It’s not like my spare clothes will be dried if we bicker. I swam back and he followed me. “Do you want to go up and jump from there like we used to?” Jae asked me while pointing above the waterfall.

 

“Are you serious?”

 

“Do I look like I am joking?”

 

“That’s why I am asking because we will definitely die once we jump on that high place.” I saw him grin and he reached up and cupped my face.  “W-what do you think you’re doing?” I nervously said.

 

“Trust me, you will enjoy what we’re about to do” he suddenly grabbed me and lifted me like a sack of rice!

 

“Y-yah! What are you doing! Let go of me you-you crazy Prince!” I hysterically said! “Yah! I don’t want to die yet!”

 

“Vera, you’ll know what to do. Hold on tight, Princess or else, you will fall” he warned me and I just can’t believe what he did! He jumped from the ground and now we are slowly flying towards the waterfall!

 

“Y-yah! Don’t let go of---“ I didn’t even manage to complete my sentence when I landed on his arms. Now he’s lifting me like his bride! “Y-you! How dare you throw me in the air like that! What if you didn’t catch me!” I said while trying to supress my tears.

 

“I’m sorry, Princess. I didn’t mean to scare you like that but if I were you, I would stop whining and I’ll just probably look at these wonderful place.”

 

I just followed what he said and it’s true. The place below is really a sight to behold. The light coming from the sun adds to the beauty of the scenery because all are shining and shimmering splendid haha. I just kept quiet until we finally reached our destination.

 

“Still scared?” he asked while putting me down.

 

“W-what do you think?” I asked, still shaking despite that beautiful scenery. The truth is, I am really afraid of heights. Isn’t it obvious? But I think, heights are fond of me because I always fall on high places psh!

 

“I feel that... you are really really scared.” He teased.

 

“Do we really have to---“

 

“We don’t have to jump if you are not ready, Princess... but we can slide down if that would be less scary to you.”

 

“How can we do that if there’s no slide here? Psh!” I pouted.

 

“Haha, you’re such a kid. Nothing’s impossible here, my Princess. VERA! OUR PRINCESS HERE IS SCARED SO COULD YOU PLEASE DO THAT?!” I heard Jae yelled and I just raised an eyebrow. What do he mean by ‘do that’? “Just wait and you’ll see.” He suddenly grabbed me by my waist and we jumped from above!

 

“W-what the hell! You told me that we won’t jump!!!!!!” I screamed. “Y-you crazy Prince! Don’t you dare let go of me or else I would be the one to kill you if I ever survive from here!!!! Kyaaaaaaah!”

 

“Hahaha, I won’t let go!” he said while laughing. The next thing I knew, we fell on something soft and it looks like a cloud like cotton candy! I can’t help but wonder if the cotton candy we’re riding is edible kekeke.

 

“The cotton candy is so big!!! Woah!” I managed to say and he just laugh at me again. The next thing I knew we are now sliding downwards and you won’t believe it! We’re sliding on a rainbow!!!! A rainbow and a BIG cotton candy is the best!

 

“Weeeeeeh!” I raised my hands up while Jae is still holding my waist. “Waaaaah! We’re falling Jae!” I suddenly put my hands down and hugged him! And poof! We went on a big bubble! “Wooooah! Daebak!!!” I happily said while clapping my hands. We are now inside a big bubble and we are now flying towards the waterfalls! “Omo omo! The bubbles will pop if we go in there!” I said, alarmed.

 

“Don’t worry Princess, everything will be alright hahaha.” Jae said. “Oooppps, don’t close your eyes or you will miss the fun, Angel”

 

I held his hands while I’m praying for our safety. I’m scared that the bubble will burst but as soon as we went towards the waterfall, the bubble didn’t burst and now we’re inside a super sparkling cave! Inside, there are different kinds of gems taking different kinds of shape, the ruby on the side takes on a heart shape, the diamonds on the water takes on the shape of a love swan, the amethyst are flowers and etc. There are even rainbow colored butterflies flying inside and a glowing gold creature which lights the path we passed by. After reaching the end of the waterfall we went back and poof! The bubble finally popped in my horror.

 

“Hold on tight, Angel. Nothing’s gonna happen from here on hahaha” he said while laughing heartily and here I am, praying hard for my dear life!

 

“Pray hard, Jaejoong!! I swear! If I won’t enjoy this moment I’ll definitely kill you!!” I warned him. I saw him smirked at me and I just hold him tight. “Kyaaaaaaaaah!” I screamed as we fall from below.

 

SPLASH!

 

“Woah!!!!”

 

As soon as we rise from the water, the Limnatides started to sing a heavenly song while the earth fairies started to throw something like pixie dust and flower petals around us. The water sparkles like no other gems and from green water it became crystal blue! The creatures living on the water started jumping and I swear I even saw a flying golden fish!

 

I looked at Jae and he’s smiling at me. I quickly averted my eyes off him because my heart started to race again and there’s that pain again.

 

“It’s really beautiful Jae... T-thanks for bringing me here.” I said after a few seconds and I gave him a kiss for that, but only on the cheeks. I was stunned when he embraced me.

 

“D-Dara..” I heard him say.

 

“I’m really thankful because you brought me here. It’s really beautiful... and.. I know that it’s too late but I really want to say sorry for causing you so much pain and-- “

 

“ANGEL!” 

 

----

 

I hope you like this chapter and can imagine what I've imagine that place would be lol ^_______^ .