Graviel

The Enchantress

JAEJOONG’s POV

 

It’s been ten days since Dara left and since that day, everything changed. For the record, my relationship with Donghae changed 360 degrees. We had one big fight when I told him that Dara already confessed and I won’t let him get in between us again but he countered me saying that he won’t let me get Dara and we fought until we became tired. He can never win against me and so am I... We always ended in a draw... In the end, we ended up in an agreement. We will find Dara and get an answer straight from . Whoever she will choose, one of us have to accept defeat and this time, I will make sure that I won’t let her go again.

 

We are here in Terra Dolar, the land of sorrow. As soon as we landed, I can already feel the unpleasant atmosphere of Terra Dolar. According to the news report I got from my servants back there in Latviana, a war broke out one and a half years ago between Ouros and Paita, and being the land between the two, Graviel now known as Terra Dolar suffered greatly.

 

“Prince Jaejoong” I glanced at Chaerin as she called me. “You better rest for now. Minzy, Yunho and I will ask around the people here if the Princess came here.”

 

I shook my head. “I’ll come with you.”

 

“I know that you want to find her soon but you’ve been looking for her non-stop, Prince Jaejoong. We don’t want you to get sick so I beg you to rest just for today.”

 

I heave a sigh. “Alright. If anything happens, please let me know.”

 

She smiled at me and bowed then left. I went to bed but the door suddenly opened, revealing the wounded Jiyeon. I walked towards her and assisted her.

 

“What happened to you?” I worriedly ask.

 

“I was just walking around when some armed men attacked me. Ugh! This city is despicable! The people here are desperate psh! They tried to kidnapped me and sell me to be a slave?! Slave?!” she whined. Instead of worrying for her, I thought about Dara. What if she was here? What if she encountered those men and got kidnapped? Argh! The mere thought brought me fear.

 

“I’ll call Changmin and get you treated.” I said but when I was about to walk away she grabbed my arm. “Why?”

 

“I’ll be fine... Don’t call him, I will be fine since you are here Jaejoongie...” she gently said. I escaped from her grasp and smiled.

 

“It’s better if I call him, Jiyeon-ah.”

 

“Why don’t you just forget her, Joongie?” she suddenly said. It’s no secret from me that Jiyeon like me. “You better stop looking for her.”

 

“I can never forget her, Jiyeon-ah. I don’t want to be rude to you but no matter what you do, it will always be her. I can’t love someone other than her. I can’t see myself with another person than her.”

 

“Then start seeing yourself loving me because you two can never be, Joongie.”

 

My brows furrowed when she said that. I approached her and she smiled at me sweetly. “And how can you say that? You already knew right? Dara and I are meant to be... It’s already---“

 

“Oh stop that nonsense, Prince Jaejoong. Don’t give me that crap. Anyone can change the future by just disturbing the flow of it.”

 

“So are you telling me that you will change our destiny?”

 

“I won’t change it... You will be the one who will choose whether you want to be with her or not. Whether you still want her to continue loving you.”

 

“Of course I will choose for us to be together because I love her and---“

 

She dismissed what I was about to say and said something that shattered my heart. I can’t even speak nor even think straight. How can this happen to us? Why is fate cruel to us? First they made that stupid prophecy, second... they took her away from me... third, she fell in love with another guy.. and fourth, just when I thought everything will be back on its right place... just when I thought that there is still hope for us two... just when I thought that we will be finally be together, another problem that will break us apart just appeared.. and the most hateful part is that I can’t do something about it.

 

She smirked. “It’s up to you now, Kim Jaejoong. Just remember I am just here for you...”

 

CHAERIN’s POV

 

We left the inn and started to look around and ask if the Princess came here but it’s been four hours and there’s still no development to our investigation.

 

“GET HIM!” the three of us turned our head and saw some knights pointing at our direction. The next thing I knew, the crowd dragged me along with them because of the commotion, separating me from Minzy and Yunho.

 

“Ouch...”

 

“Are you alright, lady?” someone asked me. When I looked up, I saw a hand. I grabbed a hold of it and he pulled me up and it’s quite funny because I felt some kind of electricity when we touched.

 

“T-thanks...” I nervously said. I don’t even get it why my heart is beating fast in front of this unusual man. “Whew... I didn’t know that the people here are quite... wild?”

 

“There he is! Don’t let him get away!” my head turned to the direction of the voice and my eyes went wide when the knight, probably the leader of the group, is pointing at the guy I am with.

 

“W-wait! L-let go!” I panicked when the guy who helped me suddenly ran and dragged me with him. “Y-yah! What do you think you’re doing?!” I yelled at him as soon as we stopped from running. “Don’t tell me you did something bad that’s why those guys are running after you?!”

 

“I... It’s none of your business”

 

“Mwoh?! None of my business? Wow! After you dragged me here without my permission you are telling me that it is none of my business?” I hissed. “Psh! Where is your brain? Did it go somewhere far away from here?” I said sarcastically, annoyed at the guy who just helped me a while ago.

 

“Aish! Don’t ask anymore! From now on you are my hostage so shut your mouth!” he yelled at me leaving me shock.

 

“M-mworago?! Are you kidding me?!” I shot back as soon as I recovered from shock. Me? Lee Chaerin? Getting kidnapped by a guy? Argh! He’s making me annoyed and if only I can burn him right now I will do so.

 

“Do I look like I am kidding? Now now now, be a good lady and follow me. Don’t ever think of running because you don’t know your way here.” He said and started to walk. I decided to follow him even if I don’t want to. After that long walk, we stopped in front of a run-down house.

 

“Oh... Jiyong-ah... Y-you came back early?” an old woman holding a ladle came out from somewhere and before the guy beside me could answer, she fell down on her knees while coughing.

 

“Omo!”

 

“Omoni!” Jiyong immediately went to his mother. “That’s why I told you to rest!”

 

“I... I’m alright, son. We have a beautiful guest here, is she your lady?” the old lady looked at me and tried her best to smile while I turned red like a tomato.

 

“Omoni, don’t tire yourself. Please rest now, we can manage.” I said, worried about the old lady’s condition. Jiyong carried his mother and I saw two more people lying on the floor, sleeping.

 

“I’ll cook and buy medicines for you, Yuri and Gongchan okay?” Jiyong said. Before I went out of the room, I smiled at his mother. I followed him at the kitchen and sat on the chair, playing the glass in front of me.

 

“Did you do something bad to buy everything you need?” I asked but he just kept quiet. “Don’t you know that stealing is bad?”

 

“Shut up!”

 

“Why are you doing this, Jiyong-ssi? Why not work?” I said and he finally paid attention to me.

 

“Work? Are you trying to make me laugh? Can’t you see our condition here? People here are dying because they cannot eat properly. We can’t grow crops here, even the river’s dry. The merchants and businessman here treats us like we’re some kind of an object. Some of them are even buying the natives here as slaves for their business.” He snapped at me.

 

“Then, why not leave here? Just go to Quiara. They can provide you work. The people there are nice.” I said but he just laugh at me.

 

“Leave? If we can leave here, I swear! We’ll do that immediately but we cannot! We cannot leave this place forever! We’ll die here!”

 

“W-what do you mean?”

 

“Where have been all this time, lady? Don’t you know that Graviel is cursed? The natives cannot leave Graviel forever and that is because of the witch curse from Ouros!” he said pulling his hair because of frustration.

 

“I.. I am sorry... I didn’t know.” I honestly said. This information never got into me and I doubt even the higher up knows this. I’m pretty sure because Minho nor Jaejoong knows it.

 

“Why are you sorry? It’s not like it is you who cursed us? I guess, Verona is really done for because of that Princess. If only she wasn’t born, Verona would remain in peace!” he harshly said, making me mad.

 

I stood up and slam the table. “It’s not like the Princess wanted this to happen!” I yelled.

 

“But it doesn’t change the fact that she’s the reason that’s why Verona is like this now.”

 

“Why? Don’t blame everything on her! She didn’t want all of this to happen! You know what the true problem here in Verona? People here are thirsty for power. War happens because they are not contented to what they have! Every leader of the Kingdom, the clans, the tribes of whoever incites war wanted something. Now tell me, is that also the Princess fault? Did she command those leader to battle? She did not! So don’t blame her for something she did not do!” I snapped at him. How dare he said that to the Princess... I’m sorry for overracting but I know her... She is not someone who will involve the innocents just because of her own interest. If ever she must kill, she’ll just kill she needed to kill.

 

“How can you say that? You do not know the princess, young lady”

 

“And you also do not know her to judge her.” I argued back. “Will you let me go now? If you only wanted money, I am afraid I cannot give you anything”

 

“I can’t let you go now... My mother seems to like you.”

 

“I am not that free, Jiyong-ssi. My companions must be worried now... I need to go.” I said. I was about to walk but he suddenly held my hand and pulled me closer to him. “W-what are you doing?” I stuttered.

 

“Please... just stay for the night.”

 

“W-why should I?” I move away from him.

 

Ba-thump

 

 

Ba-thump

 

 

“Because... because...”

 

“Because what?”

 

“Because you are my hostage!”

 

“Don’t make me laugh.” I said seriously, shooting him with a fireball but before it can touch his handsome face I cancelled it.

 

“W-what the hell did you just do?!” he angrily said after recovering from shock.

 

“I am just telling you what’s our rank here.” I said while rolling my eyes. I sat on the table and smirked at him. He really looked annoyed. “Alright... Alright... I’m sorry for throwing that fireball.” I said, feeling guilty for my actions. It’s just that I am really irritated from his remarks and I just can’t help but throw tantrums and show him my power. Tsk, if Jaejoong or Donghae heard him, I swear... he’ll die in an instant.

 

“Why did you even come with me if at the first place you can escape from me?”

 

“Out of curiosity?”

 

“Curiosity kills the cat, young lady”

 

“As if I can easily be killed, tsk tsk. Hmmm... I think my cousins and comrades can help this city...” I murmured.

 

“What did you say?”

 

“I said, we can help you...” I smiled at him. Well, I am just doing this because I want him to change his opinion about the Princess.

 

His eyes went wide and there’s hope in his eyes. “R-really? You will do that even if you are just a stranger to our city?”

 

“W-well... I just want to change your opinion about the Princess. I’ll talk to my comrades first and do what we can do, Jiyong-ssi.”

 

“Y-you mean you really know the Princess?”

 

“I know her very well... and oh, a friendly reminder... Don’t talk bad about our beloved Princess especially in front of the two Princes if you don’t want to die an early death. I’ll call them and you just wait here.” I waved at him and left. I was on my way back when I saw Minzy and Yunho busy looking for some information. I approached them and told them we should get back at the inn and they agreed.

 

I gathered them in our room and they looked at me with a clueless expression.

 

“What’s the meaning of this, Chae?” Minho asked me.

 

“Chill, Minho-ah. Hmmm... The thing is... I got an information about this city and I am telling you, they really need serious help.” I started and they just nodded. I told them all the information I got from Jiyong and they agreed to my plan.

 

Jaejoong and Minho planned our strategy and we immediately took an action. It didn’t took us that long to give punishment to those dirty merchants and businessmen. Thereafter, Minzy and I helped each other to break the curse that the witch from Ouros casted while Changmin healed those who are sick. After all of that, we went to Jiyong’s house and my comrades, especially Minzy is giving me a teasing look when Jiyong went out.

 

“D-did they agree to help us?” he asked as soon as he saw us.

 

“Consider it done, Jiyong-ssi.” I smiled at him and went inside his house. They followed me and I told Changmin to heal Jiyong’s mother and siblings.

 

“T-thank you for everything... I can never repay you.”

 

I smirked at him. “Of course I didn’t help you for nothing, Jiyong-ah”

 

“W-what? I.. I don’t have anything to repay you”

 

I laugh at him when he stuttered. “Psh. I didn’t know that the son of Graviel’s Lord is such a liar and—“

 

“H-how did you know?! Are you my old man’s people?!”

 

“Of course not! I have my sources, Jiyong-ssi. My cute friend here told me everything I need to know about you kekeke.” I said, grabbing Minzy with me.

 

“H-Hi...” Minzy greeted him.

 

“What it is that you want?”

 

“Hmmm... I already told you what I want.” I said leaving him more confused. I tip toed. “Your opinion about the Princess...” I whispered to his ear.

 

 

---

 

Dara won't appear for the meantime. For now, let's give way for Chae and Ji before they meet her again ^___^. I won't be able to update for a while since I will go to the province and climb some mountain.