Payback

The Enchantress

HERO's POV

 

Six hours passed since Dara disappeared with the Prince of Sidgar and since then I did not even had a glimpse of her. I know I should be happy since they sent her back but somehow it's making me worried. It feels like there's something wrong but I can't figure it out. Maybe I am just over thinking since it's not like her to agree on going back and mostly it's not like her to just leave without saying goodbye to anyone of us, especially to me.

 

"Hero!"

 

I turned to Soo-Hyun when he called out my name. "What?" I asked.

 

"Focus on the mission, Hero." Il Woo said. I just nodded and stayed on my position. We are now here in Jiaro earlier than planned. I asked them why but my colleagues don't even know the reason of the change of plan.

 

DARA's POV

 

I opened my eyes but all I see is darkness. The silence is deafening, all I can hear is the sound of drops of water falling from the ceiling. The place I am in is dark and cold as ice. I winced when I tried to move, it seems like my wounds are still not healing.

 

FLASHBACK

 

"Y-You are the Princess?"

 

My smile faded when I heard someone speak behind me. I slowly turned around and saw a shadow on top of the tree.

 

"Show yourself!" I shouted and he swiftly appeared just a few inches away from me, a smirked escaped from his lips.

 

"Are you really the Princess?" he asked me while his eyes full of anticipation. I stayed silent, not welcoming the person in front of me. "I can't believe this!" he said and laughed, annoying the hell out of me. "Your beauty never fades, my dear Princess" he said as he pinned me on the tree and removed my mask. "You are truly remarkable..." he said and cupped my face.

 

"Get away from me." I said while looking straight at his eyes, showing an ardent level of dislike to his person.

 

"If I refuse?" he said and smiled from ear to ear.

 

"You will die."

 

His smile faded and his face became serious. "Really? Why don't you try it?" he whispered in my ear and it, sending shivers down my spine.

 

I tried using my fire but it did not come out. I used my other elements but none of them came out.

 

"Can't do it?" he asked me.

 

I pushed him away from me, throwing him a dagger look. It seems like I fell in their trap... It's written all over his face! They planned this! They knew that Jaejoong's alive! They knew that I would tagged along with him! The only question left is, why can't I use my powers now when I can use it earlier?

 

"Wonder why you can't use your powers now?" he smirked like some evil villain. "Let me explain it to you, my dear Princess."

 

"I am not your dear Princess!" I bellowed but he just laughed at me.

 

"Still acting powerful when you are this weakened?" he said mockingly.

 

"Shut up! I can kill you even without using my power!" I hissed. He laughed again and disappeared. He reappeared behind my back and gave me an embrace.

 

"You are more beautiful when angry" he whispered while I groaned in pain when he suddenly slash my left leg with his blades. "Your groan is " he giggled like some kind of a ert.

 

I struggled and after a few seconds, he disappeared again and reappeared in front of me. He grabbed me by my waist and moved his face closer to mine.

 

"You are angry right?" he said.

 

I glared at him and pushed him away from me. I pulled the knife Jaejoong gave me and positioned myself, not giving him any opening. I took a deep breath and calm myself, trying to concentrate... trying to feel the little power left in me.

 

"No matter what you do, you can't defeat me. Not in your current state..."

 

My brows furrowed when I heard what he said. I stared at him and a smirk formed on my lips. "Are you sure about that? Didn't you say that two years ago, Kim Woobin?"

 

He nodded and smiled. "Yes... Yes.. I did say that but you defeated me. However, the circumstances is not the same as two years ago, my dear Princess. Back then, you still can use your powers but now, you can't..." he said and pulled something in his pocket. "because of this." my eyes went wide when I saw what he was holding. It was a stone! Not just any stone but... it is the Fyuelien Stone! Just a small part of it but I know that it is the Fyuelien Stone!

 

"How dare you touch that stone?!" I shouted in fury. "You are putting the whole Verona in danger, don't you know that?!" I bellowed, enraged by their irresponsible actions. Why did they took a part of the sacred stone? Must they endanger the whole continent just for me? just to kill me?

 

"Are you sure you are concerned in Verona? or you are concerned in your well-being?"

 

"Kim Woobin!" I shouted his name, much to my disgust.

 

"Yes, my dear Princess Park Sandara?"

 

"Stop playing around, you damned bastard!" I ran towards him and started my attack but even if I am moved fast and smooth, he can still avoid me because he can teleport wherever he pleases. "Damn you!" I cursed and throw my knife at 2:00 o'clock. I heard him winced when I successfully hit him somewhere. I just stayed still and waited for his next move. Much to my pleasure, I saw a blood at 7:00 o'clock. I ran towards the blood and when I am just a meter away from it, I gave a kick to the invisible him.

 

"You are really powerful" he praised me as he fell on the ground on his knees. I finally saw him and he looked awful because of the wound I gave him. The knife hit him on his stomach, no wonder why he is in so much pain.

 

I looked away and turned my back on him. There's no use in fighting a wounded man like him.

 

"cruel yet too kind..."

 

"Shut up." I said and started to walk.

 

"Your kindness is your weakness."

 

"Kyaaaaaah!"

 

I shouted in pain when I felt something hot... it's so hot but it left no wounds to me. I feel like someone's burning me alive... it's making me weak... so damn weak I can't even manage to stay standing.

 

"You should never turn your back on your enemy, my dear Princess" I heard Woobin said as he catch me.

 

"Curse you..." I said in between pain.

 

"It seems like you don't need our help"

 

Woobin chuckled when someone familiar to me spoke. "Can I take a good look of her?" she asked and Woobin complied. Woobin pushed me and I fell on my knees. When I looked up, I saw Hyuna smiling from ear to ear as she gaze at the weakened me. I glared at her but she just laughed. "Don't look at me like that, Princess Sandara" she said.

 

"Aaaaahhhh!" I shouted in pain when her ice blades hit me. I heard her laughing while looking at me full of blood. I shouted again when she throw another ice blade. It pierced my stomach and it hurts like hell.

 

"Stop! You are killing her!" I heard Woobin shouted.

 

"She'll be killed anyway, why not now?" Hyuna said and hit me with another one.

 

"The King will personally kill her so don't touch her!"

 

Hyuna rolled her eyes and backed off. "Fine!" she said with annoyance. "However..." I saw Hyuna smiled. "The King only needs her body.. her soul is mine to torture."

 

"What nonsense are you saying?!" Woobin shouted at her.

 

"Nickhun, get her soul." Hyuna ordered the necromancer guy. Nickhun stared at her in disbelief but Hyuna got mad at him, telling him his rightful place.

 

"Don't do it, Nickhun!" Woobin said.

 

"Do it." Hyuna ordered. Nickhun frowned and walk towards me. He stared at me and reached for my ear.

 

"Don't worry, you'll be fine."

 

I heard him say before I passed out.

 

END OF FLASHBACK

 

I remain seated for a while, it seems like the necromancer guy did not take my soul and I wonder why? I placed my hand on my wounds to mend it but just like my elements, it's not working. I took a deep breath and slowly stand up. I moved back and chanted some spell to break the prison bars but it's not working too... All of my powers are not working and it's because of the stone.

 

I have to get out of here before it's too late.

 

I look at the prison bars and stared at my frail wounded body. I know it's crazy but I really need to get out of here. I moved a little further and swallowed.

 

"I can do this" I cheered myself and forced a smile.

 

I started to run towards the prison bar and when my body finally slam on the bar, I groaned in pain as it electrified me and after a few seconds, it blasted me and I hit the back wall.

 

"Argh! I hate your father, Jaejoong-ah." I said and let out a small laugh.

 

I rested for a while and stood up again. I tried to break the prison bars using my body again but over and over again, I ended up hitting the back wall.

 

Another hour passed by and I finally gave up. My body really aches to the point that I can't move. I am covered with wounds and blood, if someone will see me, they will think that I am already dead since I am just lying on the ground, unable to move any further.

 

I hope they are alright...

 

I closed my eyes but I opened it again when I heard footsteps coming towards my direction. I saw that the fire lamps .

 

"Open her cell" I heard someone ordered.

 

"B-But--"

 

"The King ordered me to get her. Open it" the man said. The guard did not argue anymore and opened the bar. I heard the footstep coming close to me and it finally stopped when the person reached me.

 

I felt someone gently lifted me and when I look at him, I saw the necromancer guy, staring at me gently. "You should have waited a little bit." he whispered, making me confuse. "Close your eyes and I'll get you out of here." he said and I complied.

 

I let him carry me and I finally felt the fresh air touch my body. I think we are finally out of the prison. "Why are you doing this? Aren't you my enemy?" I asked Nickhun but he remained silent. "Nevermind..." I said and took a deep breath. "T-Thank you" I thanked him and I finally saw him smile.

 

"Let's get out of here" he said and we entered in a portal. My wounds started to mend on its own and when we finally entered a familiar place, it's all healed. "Feeling better?" he asked me and lay me gently on my bed.

 

I was about to speak but we heard an explosion. "What was that?" I asked him but he did not get to answer because Yunho suddenly showed up, looking angry.

 

"What happened to her?" Yunho shouted at Nickhun. I've never seen him this angry, it's a first.

 

"I'm alright Yunho-ah. Let's go to the battlefield" I said as my bloodstained clothes changed to a beautiful white flowy dress. My black hair turned into light pink and my scepter materialized.

 

 

I snapped my fingers and after a moment, we are now standing outside. The wind gently touched my cheeks as I looked at the surrounding forlornly. I can smell blood and hear the cries of the knights bravely fighting.

 

"Let's go Breeze!" I summoned my white horse and fly up in the sky. I closed my eyes, concentrating as I tried to locate the witch. I smiled when I finally sensed her faint presence.

 

It's payback time!