Don't smile

The Enchantress

I almost released my fire when someone grabbed me but it's a good thing I didn't when I saw Jaejoong. He released me when I saw him and smiled.

 

"W-what are you smiling at?" I stuttered when I saw his beautiful smile. He's really handsome but he's more handsome up close.

 

"Sorry.. Did I startle you?" he asked me while massaging his nape like a shy guy. I shook my head because I can't bring myself to speak when I am having a butterfly on my stomach at this moment.

 

Jaejoong nodded his head and hold my hand. "let's go.." he said and dragged me on my feet. I let him drag me, not asking any question... because right now I am having the time of my life knowing that he's back and he's holding my hand.

 

I stared at Jaejoong, thinking why are we here at the festival when he told Jinhee and Yifan that he won't go because it's boring.

 

"I thought you don't want to go?" I finally asked him because no matter how much I think, I won't get the answer. Jaejoong just shrugged his shoulder and hold my hand.

 

"Remember the first time we met?" he suddenly asked me. I just nodded my head and he smiled. "Let's have fun" he said and dragged me with him without telling me the reason why he asked the question. "Do you want that?" he asked me when he saw me looking at the cute white rabbit.

 

I was about to say no but it's too late since he already told the owner of the stall that he will play to win the rabbit prize.

 

"Yah... Why did you waste--"

 

"Shhh... I am concentrating." he said while holding a golden thread.

 

"Err... Are you sure about this?" I asked him again, staring at the game he's about to conquer. The rule is simple but the task is difficult, especially for a guy like him. There are five small needles standing in line and the person challenging must insert the golden thread in one go and for this, you really need to have a talent and a deep concentration or you will fail.

 

"Young man, time is ticking" the owner of the stall said. I chuckled when I saw Jaejoong glared at him.

 

Few seconds passed but Jaejoong is still not doing anything. Maybe he is thinking of a strategy how in the world he will insert the thread in one go.

 

"Hero-ah, let's just go hmmm?" I said but he ignored me.

 

"Young man--"

 

"Fine!" he exploded and tried inserting the thread but it did not went to the hole, instead the thread bended, making him frustrated. "Argh! Another!" he said and gave the owner his payment.

 

"Y-yah! Don't waste your money--" I shut up when I saw him frown at me.

 

He failed again at his second try. He tried again for the third time... fourth time... fifth time... six time until I lost count of his many attempts. The owner seems really happy because his stall is racking some money because of this person beside me.

 

"Hero-ah--"

 

"Don't worry... I will get that rabbit for you." he said with full determination although there is a bit of frustration because of his many failed attempts.

 

Aigoo... This guy. Can't he understand that this game is impossible unless you cheat? How can you insert the thread in one go when the needles are apart from each other? Unless the thread is hardened like a steel, it will be possible but no... that is not the case.

 

"That will be your last attempt, Hero."

 

He stared at me and I too fight his stares and in the end, he agreed with me. We waited for him and in the end he failed. I giggled when I saw his expression, he really is frustrated and his face tells you his defeat.

 

"Come on!" I smiled at him and dragged him away from the stall that gave him misery. "Don't be frustrated" I cheered him up but all he did was frown. "Eyy... Stop frowning."

 

"But you want that rabbit." he finally said, melting my heart.

 

I smiled. "Well... Thank you for your determination to give me that rabbit." I said my thanks and smiled from ear to ear.  

 

"Psh! Why can't I insert that thread!" he pulled his hair out of his frustration.

 

"Don't mind it, okay? That game is really impossible because you can only insert a thread in one go if it's only one needle but there's five and they are apart from each other. Unless the thread is hardened, that game is impossible so don't frustrate yourself hmmm?" I said and grabbed his hands away from his hair. I fixed his hair and smiled. "Now smile."

 

"but... that rabbit.." I heard him whisper.

 

"that rabbit.. you can find it anywhere." I said and this time he's looking at me with full of interest. Don't tell me the idea of hunting a rabbit did not occur in his mind? even once?

 

"So... uhm... you like rabbits?"

 

I nodded and this time he finally smiled. "Don't be frustrated anymore and let's just enjoy the festival okay?"

 

We finally moved on to another stall and this time I saw Jaejoong staring at the prize. There are three sword prize and I think the one Jaejoong likes is the grand prize.

 

I stared at the stall and there are numerous people trying to win but none of them succeeded even for the third spot. Well the rule is easy but for an ordinary people here, the task is a bit difficult. There are one hundred water balls floating and you need to throw the knife at the water ball. But that is not all, the water won't blast, instead it will throw the knife back at you if your throw is not enough to let the knife inside the ball. Meaning, you really need to have skill if you don't want to die an early death by the knife thrown by you.

 

To get the third prize, you have to get fifty knives inside the ball. For the second prize, seventy five knives and for the grand prize, ninety knives and above will do. You don't need to get a perfect one hundred.

 

"Let's go somewhere else." Jaejoong said when we saw three of the top ten of Trixa appeared at the stall. It looks like they will challenge the game.

 

"Eh? But your comrades are challenging the game? Can't we watch it?" I asked him with puppy eyes.

 

"They will win it so let's just go.." he said.

 

I frowned. "But I would like to watch them do it."

 

"Psh! Fine... Let's watch it." he said. I smiled when he finally agreed. Maybe he doesn't like to watch them win the prize he wanted to get.

 

As expected, the three of them reached the fifty point mark. I saw Jaejoong looking disappointed and without him noticing I walk towards the stall. The owner stared at me as well as the three members who were not happy to see me.

 

"I'll play." I said casually and gave him my payment.

 

"Err... Are you sure you want to play this lady?" he hesitantly asked and I just smiled while nodding my head. I saw the people gasped when I nodded. "I-if something happens to you, I will not be responsible." the owner said and I just nodded again.

 

"Lady! What do you think you are doing?!" I forced a smile when I heard Jaejoong speak behind me. "This game is dangerous! You can't play!" he said and I saw the three members nod their heads.

 

"I'm fine. Just watch me from the sidelines."

 

Jaejoong glared at me. "You can't play!"

 

"Aigoo... Don't worry about me, Hero-ah."

 

"I'll play in her stead!" Jaejoong said to the owner.

 

"Err... The lady can't back out... It's on the rules." the owner said, earning a death glare from Jaejoong. "I.. It's really on the rules." he said and gave it to Jaejoong.

 

"Argh!" he closed his fists while I smiled wryly. "But... Can I protect her?" Jaejoong asked the owner.

 

"Uhm... I guess you can." the owner said which made Jaejoong feel relieve.

 

"Aish! You are really troublesome, Dara."

 

I chuckled and positioned myself. "Don't worry okay? I'll be fine." I happily said. The owner gave me the signal to start.

 

There are ten columns and ten rows of water balls. I grabbed ten throwing knives, five on each of my hands.

 

"Is she serious? Ten knives at once?" I heard the crowd said. Some even said I am crazy because if I failed I would definitely die.

 

"Yah! Lady! One knife at once!" Jaejoong said.

 

"No way! That's a waste of time."

 

"You can't even hit the target the first time we met at Aislin!" he yelled at me.

 

"That's because I was distracted! Hmp!" I said and throw the ten knives I am holding at the first ten water ball in column one.

 

I heard the people gasped when I threw the knives while speaking at Jaejoong, some even closed their eyes. I grabbed another ten and throw it before the first set entered the water ball.

 

"Lady!" Jaejoong called out again. "Yah! Do you have a death wish!" Jaejoong keep on talking while I keep myself busy in throwing the knives.

 

I smiled at the owner before I throw the last set of knives and turned to face Jaejoong. I looked away when I saw his face turned pale.

 

Did I make him worried that much?

 

"T-two minutes... Y-you finished the game in two minutes" the owner said in disbelief. I smiled and nodded. Two minutes is too long for me, I can even finish this game in thirty seconds if only Jaejoong stopped interrupting me.

 

"Can I get the prize now?" I asked the owner. He hesitated for a second before giving me the grand prize since I got a perfect score. "Thank you." I smiled and stared at the three members of Trixa.

 

I kinda felt bad for Lumin since he won't get the third prize anymore, thanks to me. I approached Jaejoong and he looked mad.

 

"Still mad at me?"

 

He ignored me. He started to walk away and I followed him. "Yah... I'm sorry..." I apologized but he still ignored me. "Don't ignore me, Hero-ah." I said again but much to my disappointment, he paid no attention to me.

 

I ran and blocked his path. He just stared at me, still not talking. I took a deep breath and grabbed his hand. "It's for you." I said and gave him the sword. "I'm sorry if I made you worried." I smiled and walked away.

 

Psh! I know he's worried but he didn't have to be so mad about it.

 

"It's not this flashy sword I want. It's the second prize." he finally said.

 

I stopped from walking and walked back to him, grabbing the sword that I just won.

 

"Hey! Where are you going?!" he shouted when I went back to the stall.

 

I approached Taeil and he looked surprised.

 

"Can I switch this sword from yours?"

 

"Y-yes.." he said and he was about to take the sword from me when Jaejoong grabbed it.

 

"What the hell are you doing?!" he yelled again.

 

I frowned. "You said you don't want that sword" I told him, pointing at the sword he's holding.

 

"Well, I like it! Okay? I like this sword because you gave it to me so don't just give it to anyone!"

 

"but you said---"

 

Before I can even finish my sentence he dragged me away from the stall. "This sword is mine now so don't give it to anyone!" he hissed, still dragging me.

 

"Don't yell! I can hear you clearly, psh!"

 

"Sorry.."

 

"Forgiven..." I finally smiled.

 

"Y-you..."

 

"Hmmm?" I smiled widely again.

 

"D-don't smile like that to any other guy!" he said and looked away.

 

"Why?"

 

"Just don't smile okay?!" he said and hold my hand.

 

----

Here's an update kekeke!