Alastar

The Enchantress

 

 

“H-hey! What are you doing?!” I shouted at Jae while catching my breath.

 

“I’m giving you a ride, Princess. You don’t want to be taken by those right?” Jae smirked at me. I averted my eyes and looked at Donghae who is currently running together with Yunho and Chaerin.

 

“Don’t worry, if that guy is lucky, he will survive”

 

“Jinjja! You two really won’t stop fighting no matter what I say huh? Psh!” I said, annoyed at his remarked but he just grinned at me. “Why did we even landed on here? If I knew, I wouldn’t allow us to take this route” I said while restraining myself from crying because of fear.

 

Who wouldn’t cry if we are being chased by those dead beings, some are skeletons only and some still has skin on them! I don’t want my guts to be eaten and I don’t want to be turned into a zombie! No wonder, Alastar is called the city of dead because dead beings roam around this city at night!

 

“Mian. If we take another route, our journey to your Kingdom will take at least four months. We don’t want to face you in danger, Princess. And stop worrying, I am here with you. I won’t let you be harmed.”

 

“Really? The last time we were together alone, I was poisoned by those Abatwans and now you are telling me that you won’t let me be harmed?” I retorted which kept his mouth shut. “What’s our plan now? We cannot run forever until we get out of this city right?”

 

“We’ll just find a safe place and track down the one controlling those dead beings. It’s just a waste of time if we fight those because they’ll just keep on coming back.” Jaejoong informed me.

 

“Prince, Minzy told us that there’s an inn 800 meters from here. They are waiting for us there!” Yunho said. As soon as we reach the city we saw Minzy in front a door and we quickly go inside.

 

“Will you put her down now?” Donghae said while glaring at Jaejoong. Jae put me down gently and Hae immediately grabbed me away from him.

 

“Aigoo, it’s not like I will disappear from your sight fishy.” I smiled at him while pinching his cheeks.

 

“I’m glad you are all safe. You know, it’s a rare ocassion that travellers come here at night.” The old man said, maybe he is the owner of this lodging. “The young lady here already talked to me but I am afraid I cannot give you nine rooms. We only have three rooms left here.”

 

“We’ll take that. We cannot roam around the city if there are dead beings strolling around here” Jaejoong said. The old man gave us our keys and after just a minute of peace, the two started bickering again.

 

“She’ll be with me tonight!”

 

“Said who? I am the one paying so she must be with me!”

 

“Yah! You two share a room with Minho and I’ll be with the girls. Who said I am going to sleep with guys here? Psh!”

 

“BUT---“

 

“No more buts if you don’t want me to kick your !” I said, annoyed. I heard them laughing when the two shut their mouth. “Yah, why are you still following us? Your room is on the second floor right?”

 

“I just wanted to know that you are safe, my Angel” Donghae said while reaching for my hand.

 

“You should rest now, fishy. I know you are tired from running. It’s not like I won’t see you tomorrow” I chuckled and blushed at the same time when he kissed my hand.

 

“E-ehem! Stop doing that in front of me” Jaejoong fake a cough. We both stared at him and I can’t even paint what he looks like. It seems like he is against the world judging by the expression his face is giving.

 

“We’re already here, you two rest now. Especially you, Kim Jaejoong. I know you are tired from lifting me while running from those creepy creatures.” I looked at Jae and I saw his face lit up a bit. “And you two stop fighting okay? It’s embarrassing if you keep on bickering in your room. We are not just the people here... “ I reminded them. After my warning, I gave Donghae a kiss on the cheeks. “Goodnight fishy” I looked at Jaejoong and he frowned at me. “What’s with that face, Jae? Goodnight. Don’t fight okay?” I tip toed and gave him a kiss too.

 

“ANGEL!” Donghae immediately grabbed me away from Jae. “Why did you kiss him?”

 

“Aigoo, it’s just a goodnight kiss, fishy. Stop being jealous okay? I’ll go inside now.” I turned my back on them and went inside the room. “Aigoo, those two makes my head hurt tsk tsk.” I commented and I heard them laugh.

 

“Well, at least they are not killing each other Dee!” Bommie said earning a laugh from the two. “What’s with that face, Ssantoki?”

 

“It’s not a good joke, Bommie-ah” I pouted. I move towards her and sat on our bed.

 

“Fine fine. Why so serious?”

 

--

 

I was awaken when I felt something fell on my forehead. I touched my forehead and it’s wet!

 

Why is it wet? Don’t tell me the ceiling is broken?

 

I gradually opened my eyes but to my surprise I was not in my room anymore and I am lying on the ground of a dark place!

 

“W-where the hell am I?” I asked myself while trying to calm down.

 

“Oh, you’re awake now?” I heard someone said.

 

“W-who are you? What place is this?!” I shouted while roaming my eyes searching for the owner of that voice.

 

“You don’t need to know who am I, Princess.”

 

“Show yourself!”

 

“Bwahahaha! I can feel that you are scared right now. Don’t worry, I won’t do anything bad to you.” He said while laughing crazily. I took a stepped but I bumped on something hard! I think there is an invisible wall in front of me.

 

“Y-yah! Let me out!” I shouted but he’s just laughing. “Stop laughing! It’s not funny anymore! Let me out!” I yelled at him and finally he stopped from laughing.

 

“I let you out from that place after killing your companions. Just be a good girl and may be I will let you see the Prince you love so much for the last time. Isn’t it exciting? Seeing the one you love being killed in front of you and you cannot do anything about it? I want to see what expressions can you give”

 

“As if you can kill them! I know that they are strong and the likes of you can’t even lift a finger against them!”

 

“Are you sure about that? Would you like to see your favorite cousin being devoured by my servants? I love seeing her face full of fear tsk tsk.”

 

“I am not believing you! Stop lying and let me out here! You coward!” I tried to smash the wall but it is useless. “LET ME OUT!!!!” I screamed but he just laugh.

 

“I am not lying. Shall I show you?” he said after laughing.

 

“Kyaaaah!” I took a stepped back when a dead creature suddenly appeared in front of me.

 

“Hahahaha! You’re such a scaredy cat. It’s not like you... Don’t act innocent my dear Princess. Don’t restrain yourself, show me what you truly are. Hate me. Kill me if you must just to save those useless companion of yours.”

 

I was frozen when the dead creature pass through the invisible wall. I am trembling from fear and I cannot even move an inch. He’s looking at me while his eyes are not on the right place, I am even afraid that his eyes might fall any minute now! I can even see half of his brain and gosh!

 

“S-stop right there! Don’t come closer!” I yelled but it seems like it cannot understand me. It keep on coming close while holding something. My eyes darted to the thing he is holding and my jaw dropped when I saw Bommie on the ground screaming while there are many dead creatures on our room!

 

“N-no! No! It’s not true! You are--- BOMMIEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!” I screamed her name while the tears from my eyes kept on flowing. I fell on my knees and he’s just laughing. “B-Bommie-ah...” I keep on crying while the sight of her being devoured by those dead creatures kept repeating on my mind.

 

“Come one, don’t cry dear Princess. Do you want to see your dearest Prince?”

 

“W-why are you doing this?”

 

“A-angel..” my eyes grew wide when I heard Jaejoong’s voice.

 

“Jae?! Where are you, Jae!” I looked around trying to see in the darkness.

 

“Do you want to see him?”

 

“Don’t do anything to him, please! What do you want?! Show yourself!” I begged while crying. My heart cannot take it anymore if someone close to me died.

 

After a few seconds, I covered my eyes when a light suddenly appears. And there he was, full of blood. His clothes are tattered and I can see all the wounds he got. There is a man next to him but all I can see is his hand holding a sword.

 

“A-angel... Are you alright?” Jaejoong lift his head and looked straight to me. He smiled gently at me despite all those wounds.

 

“J-Jae... I’m alright, don’t worry about me..” I said, still crying. “P-please... Stop this nonsense. I’ll do everything you want me to just don’t k-kill him.” I begged.

 

“N-no, Angel... I’m alright... Don’t follow him.” Jaejoong said.

 

“P-please!”

 

“Hahahaha! It’s really funny seeing the two of you but at the same time you make my heart break. If you want him alive, then come at me Princess”

 

He raised his sword and point it on Jaejoong’s neck.

 

Ba-dump

 

“P-please, don’t” I ran towards the invisible wall not minding the dead creature beside me. I tried to smash the wall but it is not budging! I ran back to get a momentum and ran towards the invisible wall but I just bounced back!

 

“You won’t get out from there no matter what you do unless you unleash your true powers. I cannot wait any longer, Princess. My hands are itchy, it really likes to kill this man.”

 

“Why do you want me to use my powers?! I’m sorry but I do not know how to use it nor do I know how to unleash it! So please, stop now...” I said, still looking at Jaejoong who’s full of blood and weak right now.

 

“Then I shall force it out on you. If you cannot unleash your power, then let me do you a favor.”

 

“NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” I felt that my soul left my body when he beheaded Jaejoong in front of me. “HA-HA-HA” I let out a laugh while my tears cannot stop from flowing. “Y-you killed him..” I dropped on my knees, reaching my hand near Jaejoong’s head which rolled close to my cage. “D-do you think my powers will come out j-just because you killed him.. Are you kidding me?” my trembling hands stopped on the invisible wall. I can’t even see his face anymore, my sight is now blurred from all the tears I shed.

 

J-Jae... W-wae? Why didn’t you put up a fight? Y...you are strong... I know you are... Y-you told me that you’ll protect me... How can you die like this? How can you leave me like this, Jaejoong-ah...

 

“Stop crying, it doesn’t suit you.” He said and left me alone in this dark place, mourning... Heartbroken from seeing their death. Numb from seeing his dead body. Soulless, seeing his face, gently looking at me.. gently smiling from me.. Even though he knew that he will die, he still don’t want me to use my power... I am really angry... Angry at the person who did this cruel thing... but right now, I am mad at myself for not saving them... for not saving him..

 

Jae and Bommie died because of me... They died because of me...

 

---

 

Here's an up for ya'll! Sorry for killing Jaejoong v^_~... to be honest I cried while writing this chapter -_-, I am  really a crybaby kekeke.