*Chapter 84- Sincerely, An ELF

Finding the Right Words

*From the SMTown Youtube page*

Description-

From a country girl from the Midwest United States to the main actress in the drama Two Lands, One People, Queen Be introduces herself to the public with a video compiled and edited by herself, as a serious, yet playful girl who's realizing her dreams in Korea, making friends along the way.

*Chasing seagulls at the zoo on a cold day- her cheeks are pink. At the park, Mel's sandwich get's stolen from a Canada Goose, right out of her hand. Filming a video for a high school class, dressed up in her mom's army uniform, saluting the camera. Another clip for a video with the Wisconsin Girls, watching Mel try to climb a tree in sparkly silver high heels. She fails, of course, falling on her and laughing.

 On the plane with Julia Mayfield, pointing to a map of South Korea, dancing like a weirdo. In the dorm with Min Hee, using her hairbrush as a microphone, singing to whatever song is playing. Then later, the two girls are applying makeup, and Mel messes up and puts a giant streak of black down her cheek. Min Hee laughs, so Mel does the same to Min Hee's cheek. 

During the dance class, watching Mel trying to dance, occasionally doing well, occasionally not doing so well. The image spins away to a short video with Henry, where the two are making weird faces at the camera. Then to a video of the roller skating rink, while Henry tries to teach her how to skate, and she just falls over. The sleepovers with the trainee girls, then the mass party in the trainee dorm. 

Clips from Mel's "Mirotic" performance. Back to dance class, in front of the mirror. Video clips of meeting the different Super Junior members. Parties together, dancing with Eunhyuk and Donghae, giving Sungmin bunny ears, and throwing a blanket over Kyuhyun's head when he's playing Starcraft. Sitting next to Eunhyuk on the floor, both of them reading a Gundam manga. Zhou Mi and Victoria looking over her shoulder while she practices writing Chinese characters. Petting the different Super Junior dogs. Getting carried out of the room by Siwon. The entire group ganging up on her to tickle her sides.

Various meetings with FASE. Making weird faces at the camera with Tiffany and trying to shoot popcorn so it lands into Amber's mouth. Comparing high heels with Krystal. Pushing Henry over in his chair while he laughs.

The duet performance with Ryeowook, then clips from practice for the play. Her moments on stage at SMTown with Henry. A few moments from her "Enchanted" performance before moving on to quickly flick back through the moments already visited. The roller skating rink. Parties with the SuJu members, parties with FASE. Moments with the other trainees. They flashed by until the screen went white, fading back into black before the words "Queen Be" popped up onto the screen, drawn in such a way that they formed a honeybee wearing a crown underneath them, before fading into a picture of Queen Be wearing a bright red dress, her head tilted back, her arms out, as her skirt whirls around her legs.*

 

Comments-

I can't believe they put a video like this up on te SMTown page. Who's this girl? We don't listen to Kpop for stupid American girls.

She's not a Kpop artist. She's an actress. Seriously.

What was even the point of this video? I thought SHINee was going to have a comeback soon...

SHINee had a billion comebacks last year! They're just trying to promote their new actress!

"Queen Be" just makes me think of Mean Girls. That's a terrible name. 

Why are there so many images with Super Junior members? Was she in their f**king DORM?!

Wow... this girl is totally shameless. This is really stupid...

...I can honestly say that I've never been more ashamed of the Kpop community. You don't know who this is? Fine. I'll tell you, since if no one does, you'll just keep insulting her. This is Queen Be. Her real name is Melissa. She started at SM as a songwriter. Songs she's written have already been published in albums by SNSD, f(x), SHINee, TVXQ AND SuJu. Including the new English single coming out that everyone's so excited for? Yeah, she wrote that. I don't see why everyone's hating on her. The ELF have known who she is for the past several years. (Top comment)

^THIS. You guys, have you read the article that came out? They called her Queen Be because Donghae used to call her "ELF Queen", because she was always telling the members about the opinions of the ELF. She was like, their best friend. And she worked as their housekeeper. That's the reason she was allowed in the dorm. So stop hating on her. She works just as hard as the other artists. Sincerely, an ELF. (2nd Top Comment)

Wait, so Queen Be is an ELF?

"Yes, she was a Super Junior fan since before even coming to Korea. The ELF were alittle mad at first, because she got everything we wanted. You know, like seeing them and talking to them every day. But she always listened to us and even gave our Oppas presents for us. So if the rest of you don't like her, at least the ELF are with her! Yay Queen Be! We're really happy you were finally able to debut!

Okay, great. So the ELF are on her side. Who cares? She's still a blonde American. She doesn't belong here. 

Going by that logic, none of us should be Kpop fans. 

That's a sad concept... don't even say that...

Wow, this video looks like it was a bunch of fun! Henry, can I go roller skating with you, too?!

Me too! Roller skating! Roller Skating!

I especially like the part where she falls on her , gets back up, then falls again.

Hahaha, so funny... I guess she's not ashamed to let people know she's not perfect.

I'm just kind of wondering why Siwon was carrying her, though...

"SINNER! I'M TAKING YOU TO CHURCH, WHETHER YOU WANT TO OUR NOT!" -that was probably it.

Lol probably. 

Actually, I love the haters on here. They're being nasty, but they're just increasing the views. Good job, haters. Thanks a bunch. ^.^

Wait, wait, so she's a debuting actress, right? For what? I think I need to watch it.

Yeah, in the new historical drama, Two Lands, One People, like it says in the description.

Who are those girls with her? Not Amber, Tiffany, Jessica, Krystal, Victoria, or Sunny, I mean. The girls closer to her age.

Well, in the dorm is her old roommate, Kim Min Hee. Does anyone remember her? The ones following the trainees, anyway.

It's so sad that she went to another company...

The teasers for the girl group she's in just came out, right?

Yeah, they did. I can't remember what the name is, though. Seven Amazing... something something.

Wow, that was great.

Lol sorry. You can look it up, probably.

I'm so excited! I'll watch the drama as soon as I can! When does it come out?

In two weeks. 

Hey, did anyone see that video by RStory? You know, that really weird, funny one that got, like, a million views in one day? Has anyone looked at their previous videos? Doesn't Queen Be look kind of like the blonde girl in that video?

OMG I'm not the only one who thought that?!

Now I need to go watch it again. Thanks. :P

 

*Mel's Twitter*

Wow, I didn't think my video would get such a response. It was really just a random video I made, like those random videos of SuJu doing the hula, or Donghae-oppa making coffee at a cafe. But people really took it seriously.

I was seriously afraid people would react the way the first bajillion did. I never stop loving the ELF. You guys are amazing. I almost started crying while reading the comments, but you made everything better.

Tessa- You know, I try.

Mel- Tessa, you didn't even do anything. 

Tessa- I was just kidding.

 

*Jacklyn's Facebook*

You guys! Major news! We (the members of Rstory) are getting a LOT of requests from companies, all wanting us to let them interview us! We need to arrange a day. 

Ali- we might as well just start touring. 

Eliz- what if we got asked to join an entertainment company? o.O

Em- woah, now, don't get ahead of yourself. Just because you want to meet SHINee...

Eliz- I'm just saying it would be cool, okay?!

Ali- but where would we meet? 

Jacklyn- what about Mel's yard? That's where we filmed half of it...

Mel- HEY! Don't go waltzing into my yard!

Em- Why not? We did it before. 

Mel- Em, stop looking for the frog. He's probably dead by now.

Em- I do NOT go to your yard just to look for the frog! And he's not JUST a frog! He's MINHO!

Jacklyn- Oh dear, here we go again...

Eliz- besides. It's not about the frog. Its about the chickens. :P

Mel- Okay, okay, fine. Just don't annoy my parents. You know my mother hates cameras. 

Ali- We'll try.

Mel- Not exactly inspiring confidence, there, you guys.

Jacklyn- <3

 

*On Eliz's Facebook*

Heading back to Wisconsin for a meeting with RStory. This still feels really weird to me. People like, recognize me on the streets. Like "Are you that girl from RStory?" It's insane.

Mel- You'll get used to it.

Eliz- Well, you kind of stick out in Korea...

Mel- ...you have a point there.

Jacklyn- I'm getting the same thing, too. Hey, you guys, what if we went to Korea? We got a pay chunk from Youtube because of views...

Eliz- No, I think Melly should come here.

Mel- Shhhhh, I'm not here. Not supposed to have a Facebook, remember?

Eliz- Oh, okay. Sorry, Melly.

Mel- Just pretend you don't know me. People are talking.

Eliz- Oh yeah, about that. Nice video, by the way.

Mel- Wasn't it awesome? Jacklyn, thanks for letting me use those video clips.

Jacklyn- You're welcome. Why'd you only use the bts ones, though?

Mel- I didn't want to put you guys in the spotlight. I mean, see how negative a lot of the comments were. You would've been pulled into that. Best that you guys don't get known for that.

Eliz- If you say so, Melly.

Mel- It was enough just to put Min Hee in there. 

 

*Mel's Twitter*

*On Min Hee's wall* Min Heeeeeeeeeee~! Speak to this child! Did you disappear?

Min Hee- I didn't disappear, lol. We're just getting ready to debut. Unlike you. :P

Mel- There's a "we" there?

Min Hee- Hahaha, yes. My members and I. *Picture of Min Hee and six other girls, all smiling at the camera*

Mel- Oh, wow! I'm so happy for you! I can't wait until you debut!

Min Hee- I can't wait for your drama, either. The girls and I will watch it together, when we're not busy. Hwaiting!

Mel- *Bursts into tears*

Min Hee- What, why?!

Mel- It's just... I miss my British buddy... I had to replace you with a kitten...

Min Hee- A kitten?

Mel- *picture of Mel holding KyuMin next to her face, making an adorable expression*

Min Hee- Please tell me you didn't name him EunHae.

Mel- ...I actually didn't... but...

Min Hee- ..You named him KyuMin, didn't you?

Mel- ...

Min Hee- Some things never change.

Mel- But come on! Look at that adorable face and tell me he isn't so cute he makes you want to puke rainbows, just like KyuMin!