Part Three; A Falling Star: *Chapter 134- Bold, Loud, Super Junior-Loving

Finding the Right Words

*Em's POV*

Mel had seemed a bit strange to Em when they had hung out together in Wisconsin. After Mel had finished filming, but before Twelve had come out in theaters. At that point, Em hadn't really noticed what was weird. But now that she was gone, she felt like she could identify it: worry. 

Mel had been worried about something. She'd seemed fidgety, like she was eager to be somewhere else. She'd been weird, avoiding topic, and sounding only mildly excited about her movie.

After Twelve had come out, the girl had become almost unreachable. Em saw her face all over the news, saw the reports on her, on what she wore at the movie premier, about how well she got along with her fellow cast members. 

Em had watched the movie, of course. She'd watched her friend act, watched her portray the dirty, sassy, determined street rat, and had found it hard not to laugh. When it was an actor you'd never met, it was easy to feel yourself dragged into serious themes. But when it was Melissa, bold, loud, Super Junior-loving Melissa, it was hard to take the movie seriously at all.

It was like re-watching To the Beautiful You, and trying not to laugh at Minho. It was just ridiculous, even when it wasn't supposed to be. She wondered, briefly, if he even knew she was just pranking him. That she wasn't actually crazy. That she didn't actually believe he was a wizard who'd used magic to look like Minho, and that the real Minho was a frog that lived in Mel's pond. She wondered if she'd ever tell him. Well maybe... 

Nah.

While Mel became more and more "Queen Be" and less and less "Mel", Emily did her best to stay in concact with her Korean boyfriend. She laughed at him, she laughed with him, she told him about going to college, and about still being a B.A.P fan, and he told her that it was okay, because he was their fan, too.

She chatted with him a lot over the phone, even though it really hadn't been that long since RStory had come back from South Korea to continue attending college.

"SM Gold's at the top of the charts this week," Em said over the phone to Minho. "I guess they finally made it." She almost tried to hide the annoyance in her voice, but didn't.

"Why, does that bother you?"

Em winced. "I don't know. I guess I'm just a little sick of hearing people talk about her. 'That movie was so great! The girl who played Rat is just so awesome! How does she know so many languages?! Oh, she's a singer, too?!' It just gets a bit annoying to hear people talk about my friend that way."

Minho sounded a bit sad. "It's not her fault, you know. She's not trying to be everywhere. If you were in her shoes, wouldn't you take the opportunity?"

Em grumbled. "...yeah, fine. Maybe. But more likely, I don't think the fame thing is the best for me. We're pretty sure that the girls of RStory are going to go their separate ways soon."

"WHAT?!" Minho sounded like he was going to explode. "You mean the group is breaking up?!"

"Eliz said goodbye to Kevin. Ali is dating Hanbyul. None of us are really interested in fame. We didn't become famous on purpose in the first place. We just don't really want it."

Minho was quiet for a little while. "You want to find a quieter life?"

"Yeah, basically. But that doesn't mean we can't date idols!" She quickly amended.

He laughed. "I know. But what are you going to do when you graduate from college?"

"Photography? Maybe I can help from the sidelines."

"Oooh, now that's an idea. You can work for us! It would be great!"

They talked for a while, about their future, about what would happen if she finished her degree and then got a contract with SM. They didn't talk about their friends much. Even though they were mutual friends, or that some were more famous than others.

"But you're going to come back soon, right?" he asked.

Em leaned against the wall, looking down at her shoes. "Of course. As soon as I can."

 

*Eliz's POV*

All of that time on We Got Married, Eliz had been always tired, always awkward, and always wondering why she'd agreed to do this. Mel and Ali had been at their "wedding". The viewer ratings had been higher than ever before on that episode, and they hadn't even confirmed any of the dating rumors.

Over the course of the filming, they'd gotten their own house, and made little videos to watch, and supported each other's shows. It was cute, and sometimes she'd been honestly touched at the things Kevin was able to think of. But it was just a TV show. Kevin was adorable, but Em had taken the man Eliz really wanted. Even though she hadn't known him that well. And, after all, Em had saved Minho's life. Wasn't that enough of a reason for him to fall in love with her?

The day she and Kevin had said goodbye, they'd spent a weekend on Jeju Island, enjoying scenery, going on a boat ride, then having dinner. And then they'd said goodbye, because Eliz had to return to the United States. And she'd cried, at least a little. Why had she cried? She still didn't know. He was a member of FASE. He was Mel's sort-of friend. She wasn't....

Was she?

 

*Min Hee's POV*

Min Hee hadn't really had the chance to speak to Mel since the FASE concert. They talked over the internet, but that wasn't substantial. Min Hee was always with her members, trying to become the best they could. Meanwhile, Queen Be was becoming an international actress, even wearing beautiful dresses to the Academy Awards. She did concerts with P!nk and went to conventions with Liam Hemsworth. Min Hee was proud of her friend, and did everything she could to be supportive, but there was only so much she could do from Korea.

 So Min Hee had always just continued her work as the leader of S.A.L.T, doing her best to maintain the group's popularity in Asia. 

"Hello everyone! This is Arirang Radio, with your new host, Kim Min Hee from the Kpop girl group S.A.L.T, or 'Seven Angels Lighting Tomorrow'! I'm replacing DJ Aron from now on, and I hope you all give me the same support that you give him. Alright, then, since this our first day introducing the new DJs, we'll start by having everyone text their questions for me to Arirang Radio. Oh! They're already coming in!"

Min Hee looked at the station's provided phone, scrolling down. "Alright, first question. 'Are you really British? Your accent is awesome!'" She laughed, setting the phone down on the table. "Well, I was born here in South Korea, and then my father got a rather prestigious job offer in London, so my family moved, when I was about five years old. Then, at eighteen, I was auditioned, and succeeded, and was brought back to Korea by SM Entertainment. And... the rest is history!"

She laughed, looking down at the phone. "Alright, now it's 'Does DJ Min Hee have any siblings?' Yes, I do. I have an older brother who took care of me when I was younger."

She scrolled through the less interesting ones. "Oh, I knew I was going to get asked this one. 'DJ Min Hee used to be best friends with Queen Be. Do the two of you still talk?"

Min Hee frowned, putting the phone down. "Queen Be, or Mel, as most of the FASE members call her, is... a very busy person. I think, at this point, we even forget she had points where she wasn't famous." She laughed, going back to being serious. "I still remember when she had first debuted, and her album didn't immediately succeeded, because people said that she wasn't Korean. I remember, because that was S.A.L.T's first win on a music program. At that point, we were Asia's stars, and she was a little bit less successful. What happened to that?"

She laughed again. "Well, let's just say that Queen Be has definitely found her road in life. Actually, she's coming back today! Next hour, after my segment, she's the second DJ!" She cheered, going back to the microphone. "It's her first activity since coming back from the United States, and I hope you all support her. Since I know we all watched the movie.

"But... yeah, I still consider her my best friend. She can get a little bit absorbed in her own life, but I think we all understand that, and wish her the best. Does that answer the question well enough? I'm sorry, I kind of got... absorbed in my own little world. It's hard to imagine that it's been four years since we first got here. That's half of an idol's career right there."

"Okay, last question. 'Do you think Queen Be is going to beat S.A.L.T, now that she's back?'" She made a face. "Well, we'll see. Bring it on, Queen Be!"

 

*Arirang Radio with DJ Queen Be*

"Is it on? Helloooooo...?"

"Oh. It's on. Well, that's an embarrassing way to start my career as a radio DJ, hahaha..."

"Hey everyone, I'm DJ Queen Be, taking over for DJ Sam! Thank you for listening to Arirang radio!"

"So, last hour you listened to DJ Min Hee, the leader of S.A.L.T, everyone's favorite condiment. Okay, that was mean. I'm sorry. Sorry, Min Hee! Anyway, we'll do the same thing she did, and start with questions."

"Oh, here we go. 'Are you going to do another movie?' Not for a while. I think I'll stick around Korea for a while. I've missed you guys. And my best friend, Min Hee, who I haven't seen in SUCH a long time! I saw her when I walked in just now, actually, when we switched spots. It was like my high school reunion. Only better, since I've never gone to a high school reunion. Um, anyway, no, I don't plan on doing a movie. I think I want to just relax a little."

" 'How did you react, learning about the news of Zhou Mi and Tiffany?'"

"Oh please. That's ridiculous. Zhou Mi isn't dating Tiffany. He's dating me."