*Chapter 109- A Right to Protect

Finding the Right Words

*Entertainment News*

Queen Be Starting to Crumble Under Stress? A successful performance ends in violence!

After an amazing opening night, the cast of Wicked, in which the American-born idol ironically played Glinda, the good witch, was celebrating in a nightclub when the singer-songwriter viciously assaulted her fellow cast member, landing Yoo Han in the hospital with bruised ribs. Queen Be then immediately left, giving no explanation as to her actions. Her company, SM Entertainment, has still released no news on the issue. Did Queen Be get more than she bargained for in the Korean entertainment industry?

*Comments section*

Well, she's American. Only to be expected.

Excuse me, since when did country of origin affect temper?

I severely doubt she just randomly snapped at him. He must have provoked her somehow.

Queen Be has absolutely no self-control whatsoever. I don't know why SM thought she was a good idea. Have you ever heard of BoA doing violent s*** like that?

She must have been crazy drunk to do this. Nightclub, you know.

I always thought Queen Be was someone to use her brains for these kinds of things...

For what kinds of things? She attacked him!

She hasn't even gotten the chance to defend herself! Stop making judgements like that! Have you ever seen a person go totally psycho for absolutely no reason?! Something must have happened.

Can we just wait for SM to release her statement, please? -.-

 

*Mel's emails*

Jackie: Mel, you sent a guy to the hospital! What the heck did he DO?!

Mel: He was drunk. Decided it would be okay to take whatever he wanted.

Jackie: WHAT?! Are you okay?!

Mel: I'm fine. He's the one in the hospital.

Jackie: The articles are pretty bad...

Mel: I know. Apparently it's socially inacceptable for a woman to overpower a man.

Jackie: Why haven't you told anyone about it?!

Mel: Management is handling it, because they're afraid I'll say the wrong things. So I'm supposed to lay low for a little while.

Jackie: What about your musical?

Mel: They're using the B cast for tomorrow, so I can have a small break while SM figures this out.

Jackie: Why are you letting them do it? I thought you hated them...

Mel: I do. But I do have to admit that SM has the power to pressure other companies into letting things go.

 

Em: MEL WHAT DID YOU DO?!?!?!?!?!?!

Mel: Haven't you read the articles? I sent my co-star to the hospital.

Em: No, really. What did you do?

Mel: I really did send him to the hospital. I hit him in the gut, then punched him in the sternum. He's really soft, if that gave him bruised ribs.

Em: Yes, yes, but why?

Mel: Apparently I've gotten pretty y lately. I'm actually getting hit on.

Em: Seriously?! You got hit on, so you beat him up? What kind of logic is that?

Mel: The logic I use when I'm already dating someone, and someone else won't take no for an answer.

Em: Wait... WHAT?!

Mel: I might as well just tell everyone, at this point. Go ahead, spread the word. Tell the girls. I'm madly in love with a man ten years older than me.

Em: This is more information than I was expecting. But wait... who? Um, let me think... not Sungmin, that ship has already sailed... um... who else is ten years older than you in SuJu?

Mel: Shindong and Zhou Mi.

Em: You didn't!

Mel: I assume you're saying that for the right reason, because you know I wouldn't take an engaged man, right?

Em: No, I wasn't implying that you were dating Shindong. That's just... but that's not important! What's important is that you have a boyfriend...

Mel: That still sounds weird to me.

Em: For how long?

Mel: A little over two months now.

Em: That long?

Mel: Yup.

Em: ANYWAY, so you've been dating someone for a while,

Mel: Yup.

Em: And you go to a cast party, in a club, where there's alcohol.

Mel: Yup.

Em: You were sober, right?

Mel: The only thing I had to drink that night was a kiddy cocktail, and that was AFTER I punched him in the sternum.

Em: So your co-star was drunk, and was implying that you go somewhere with him.

Mel: Yup.

Em: So you beat him up?

Mel: I tried to get away, first, you dork.

Em: I see. And THEN you beat him up.

Mel: Pretty much sums it up. Oh, and then Min Hee called Jung Ah, and Jung Ah took me back to the company, and while we were driving there, Min Hee called my boyfriend and told him that he needed to calm me down before I started smashing valuable objects. Her words, not mine.

Em: What happened next? o.O

Mel: That's for me to know.

Em: O.O

Mel: Of course, your mind jumps to the worst conclusion possible.

Em: I can't help it! Okay, I'm going to give the explanation to the other Wisconsin girls. I really hope it all ends okay! Scandals usually die out quickly, right? So you'll be fine :)

Mel: I will be.

 

*Entertainment News*

Queen Be's Violence Excused as Self-Defense

SM Entertainment released a statement on Queen Be's outburst, explaining that, because the American-born actress would still be too young to drink in her native country, she avoids alcohol, and was sober that night. Yoo Han, after drinking a considerable amount of alcohol, Began flirting with her, refusing to let her leave. She warned him several times before finally resorting to violence. This report was confirmed with several other members of the celebration, including S.A.L.T's Kim Min Hee, the actress of Elphaba.

In a quick interview with Queen Be outside of the theater where she was rehearsing for her musical, which is declared to continue as scheduled, she answered several questions that criticized her actions.

Q: Queen Be, do you feel like your image has been damaged by this incident?

A: I don't know about my image, but my dignity, definitely. I'm sure my fans already know that I'm a no-nonsense kind of person. I said no, and I meant no. But It does hurt to think that it was so easy for people to think such nasty things of me.

Q: Are you still going to continue with the musical, after this?

A: I don't see why I shouldn't. After a month of practicing, it would be terrible to just quit. We all worked hard, and although, yes, we have a second cast, so replacing characters isn't difficult, I don't think personal matters should affect the performance as a whole. The show must go on, as they say.

Q: Would you be pressing charges against Yoo Han?

A: No, I wouldn't. The man was obviously drunk, and not in his right mind. He made a mistake. I don't think I have the right to ruin his career over it. I had enough pressure because of this issue to know that the public's response is the worst part of it all. I've made mistakes, too.

Q: If you weren't drunk at the time, then what were you thinking?

A: I was thinking that I had the right to handle my own situations. I was thinking that if I couldn't even protect myself, how could I protect the fans that count on me? How could I look at any of them and give them the strength to make it through the day, if I can't even hold my dignity together? I was thinking of how young I was, and that in today's society, women will give away anything for a smile, for a touch, and that I didn't think that was right. I was thinking that I would rather be known as a violent lunatic than a . Because if I had let him have his way, it would automatically have been my fault. I was thinking that I could never bear that kind of humiliation. I was thinking that I had a right to protect what was mine, for myself, for my fans, and for whoever trusts me and looks up to me. I was thinking that if I asked for help, if I made someone else do my dirty work, then I was only being lazy. I was thinking that my own self-respect was important, and that I had a right to be strong.

Many more questions arose after this explanation, but Queen Be quickly left to visit Yoo Han in the hospital. Criticism of the short, but tough actress, still exists, but, as many of Queen Be's fans have expressed, she did, in fact, use her brain before she used her fists. And she is quite capable of standing up for herself, both in relationships, and in the entertainment world. We all wish her a continued successful career, and for Wicked to continue with its sell-out performances!

 

*Queen Be's Twitter*

ELFQueenBe: Thank you all for sticking by me, when I wasn't the country's favorite person.

ELFQueenBe: To thank you, here's a picture of me and Min Hee, backstage at Wicked!

@BluRazberi: Of course, she posts the WORST picture from that night.

@ELFQueenBe: You're welcome, dear.

@BluRazberi: Couldn't you use the one from BEFORE the show started?

@ELFQueenBe: But that's not as fun.