❅{seyoung} Frozen Heart❅

ExoPink Oneshot Collection

Tittle: ❅Frozen Heart❅

Characters: Oh Sehun, Oh Hayoung and Jung Soojung (Krystal)

Pairing(s): Sehun x Hayoung (main), Sehun x Krystal (side)

Genre: Romance/Friendship/Angst


It was snowing that night and it was horribly cold as Sehun walked around the almost empty streets of Seoul. It was late and he figured people were at home with their families, ready to receive the new year. Meanwhile, he was just there alone. He simply sighed as he arrived to a bridge and stood at the edge, looking down. 

He hated december, he really did. The only thing that made him happy was that the month was almost over. He couldn't wait for it end already. Only a few more hours left though. A few more hours for a new year to begin... and yet, he was not excited at all. 

Sehun sighed once again.

"Things would be so different if you were here" he said sadly looking up at the sky. Tears started rolling down his eyes suddenly and his heart ached as he remembered her. "Soojung ah"

The girl he loved... the person he was going to marry... died in a car accident a year before and Sehun still couldn't get over it. He had made a lot of plans with her. He couldn't see his future without her and he felt that it made no sense now that she was gone. Nothing made sense now. He had no desires to continue living if she was not in his future. 

He sighed once again as he walked closer to the edge of the bridge. For a while he wondered how it would feel to jump and feel the air on his face. He wondered how it would be to feel the rush of adrenaline and his heartbeats going crazy. He wondered how it would feel to fall and feel absolutely nothing after the pain is gone.

"Yah! You can't jump!" before Sehun could even move another inch, someone had suddenly pulled him away from the edge of the bridge and he had fallen on his . He turned around confused and saw a girl, panting and with a really scared expression. Sehun recognized the worried face of his best friend and sighed. Well, the girl who used to be his best friend because after Soojung's death, he practically pushed everyone away including his best friend, Hayoung.

"What was that for?!" Sehun asked angrily a the girl and she looked at him with an stern and yet sad expression. Ever since Soojung died, Sehun had changed. He was no longer the cheerful and dorky Sehun that used to be her best friend, he was now a cold and heartless jerk who pushed everyone away from his life. He was now a guy with a frozen heart, just as cold as the snow that fell on december.

"I saved you life! You were about to jump, Sehun!" she said angrily, and he simply scoffed as he stood up. He then looked at her sternly, but latter his expression softened and he sighed.

"I wasn't going to jump anyway" he said and his voice suddenly turned sadder "I was just thinking... what it would feel like to do it... but I don't have the guts to jump, so you shouldn't have worried"

Sehun then smiled faintly and Hayoung looked at him with a mix of a confused and sad expression. She simply sighed sadly and walked closer to him.

"Whatever it is the reason for you to think something like that, you just have to remember that your life is worth more than you think" she said and he looked at her expressionless

"My life is miserable ok?!" he said angrily and she was a little bit startled by his rudeness "Soojung is gone! and I have no desires to continue living! I have no one!"

Tears rolled down Sehun's eyes as he spoke. He was angry and the bitterness of his voice could tell it. But he was not angry at Hayoung for trying to help him, or at  Soojung for leaving, or at anyone. He was angry at himself. He was angry because he couldn't find his way after she left. Because he felt his life made no sense.

"You have me" she said with a soft voice, almost in a whisper as tears ran down her face. Sehun was suddenly shocked and his eyes widened slightly with sadness. He had never seen Hayoung cry and it broke his heart to see her like that. She was after all, his best friend and he cared about her despite everything. "You are my best friend, Sehun and I miss you, ok? If you think no one cares about you, then you are wrong! because I do! I care about you, so please don't shut me out"

Realization finally hit him and it hit him hard. He had been acting like a jerk towards the only person that actually cared about him. He suddenly felt very bad for not noticing he was hurting her. 

Hayoung's eyes widened slightly when she suddenly felt a pair of arms wrapping around her and pulling her into a hug. Sehun didn't say anything else and just held her tight, as he felt tears running down his face. Feeling those familiar arms hugging her tightly, made her heart flutter and he hadn't realized how much he had missed her until that moment.

"I'm sorry" he managed to say "I didn't mean to shut you out Hayoung... I was just... lost"

He whispered the last part sadly and then sighed. He was truly sorry and Hayoung knew that. 

"I understand, Sehun" she said "Just please remember you have people that care about you, before thinking about taking your own life"

"Thank you for always being there for me" he said before resting his head over hers. "Even when I was complete jerk towards everyone"

Hayoung smiled and in that moment, fireworks suddenly exploded everywhere, making them jump startled. They simply looked at each other and laughed. Hayoung had missed his laugh and now for the first time in a long time, she was hearing it again.

"Happy new year Sehun" she said with a wide smile

"Happy near year Hayoung ah" he said, before pulling her into another tight embrace. "I promise I'll be someone new this year"

"I'm glad to hear that" she said with a smile

Those fireworks not only signalled the end of another year, they also meant a new beginning. A beginning a of new year and also a beginning of a new life for Sehun. Somehow, he had found his way once again. He was no longer lost, like he felt before and all thanks to Hayoung. She was the only person that was capable of melting his frozen heart. Because even though no one could replace Soojung in his heart, Hayoung was one of the most important people in his life and maybe someday, he would be able to move on.