{taokyung} It's Not A Goodbye

ExoPink Oneshot Collection

Title: It's Not A Goodbye

Characters: Hong Yookyung, Huang Zitao (Tao) and Shin Donggeun (Peniel)

Pairing(s): Tao x Yookyung (main), Peniel x Yookyung (side)

Genre: Romance/ Slight Angst


"Hi, this is Zitao. I can't answer the phone right now, so leave a message after the beep"

The girl hung up, before sighing. She then stared at her cellphone in her hands and closed her eyes, trying to restrain her tears. She had been trying to reach him for the past hour, but he wouldn't answer his phone. Her best friend, who was standing next to her, patted her shoulder slightly.

"He isn't answering the phone" Yookyung told Donggeun "Is he that mad at me?"

"Well, you can't blame him" Donggeun said "You didn't tell him anything"

Yookyung sighed. She had to admit he was right. She should have told Zitao everything, but she just didn't find the words to explain. Yookyung looked at the entrance once again, hoping he would come in at any second, but just sighed when she didn't see him.

"You should get going" Donggeun said with a sad expression "Before the plane leaves you"

Yookyung looked at her best friend and smiled faintly at him. She didn't want to leave, but she had to. 

"Come here" he said opening his arms widely and Yookyung hugged him tightly. She didn't like saying goodbye. It was so hard to face the people she loved one last time. That was one of the main reasons why she didn't tell anything to Zitao. She knew she wouldn't be able to say goodbye to him.

"I'm going to miss you" she said and he smiled

"I'm going to miss you too" he said "Remember to call me if you need anything"

"Thank you for everything Donggeun" she said as she pulled away from the hug. He only smiled, but deep inside he was sad too.

"Now, let's go" he said and he helped her carry her bags. Yookyung couldn't help but look at the entrance of the airport once last time, before sighing. 

Seems like Zitao isn't coming, after all

Yookyung wiped her tears, before walking forward. There was no turning back. She had to leave and what hurt the most was that Zitao wasn't there. However, just when she was about about to enter the gate, she heard someone calling her name.

"Yookyung ah!" her eyes widened in shock when she heard the familiar voice and turned around surprised. She felt as if her heart had stopped beating the moment she saw Zitao running desperately towards her.

"You came" she said happy when she saw him. Zitao didn't say anything, he only pulled her into a tight embrace. Yookyung closed her eyes and hugged him back, very tightly. She didn't want to let go. She wanted time to stop in that moment.

"I'm sorry I didn't come earlier" he said explained as she rested her head on his chest, without pulling away from the hug. "I just had to put my thoughts in order"

Zitao held her tightly, not wanting to let go. He tried to be strong and surpress the tears, but couldn't. He was too overwhelmed with the feelings. 

"I was so angry, Yookyung" he explained, looking at her in the eyes as he cupped her face. Yookyung suddenly felt sorry for hiding the truth from him. "I didn't understand why you didn't tell me anything. Everyone knew you were leaving, even Donggeun, and I was the only who didn't know"

"I'm so sorry Zitao" she said as the tears run down her eyes "I didn't tell you anything, because I knew I wouldn't be able to say goodbye to you"

Zitao looked at her and his expression softened. He wiped the tears that were rolling down her eyes and leaned his forehead against hers, before planting a soft kiss on her lips.

"It's not a goodbye, my love" he said gently when he pulled away "It's a 'see you soon'"

"I promise I'll come back as soon as I can" Yookyung said and Zitao finally managed to smile

"And I promise I will wait for you" he said. Yookyung smiled and hugged him tightly one last time, before finally entering the gate. As she walked forward, she turned around and saw him again. He smiled and waved at her. She smiled back and waved as well. It was a sad departure, but they both knew it wasn't a goodbye because they would definitely see each other again.