{surong} Christmas

ExoPink Oneshot Collection

Title: Christmas

Characters: Kim Joonmyun (Suho) and Park Chorong

Pairing(s): Suho x Chorong (main)

Genre: Romance/Slight Angst


Joonmyun walked down the currently white streets of Seoul that cold night, lost in his thoughts. He was walking with his hands in his pockets, dressed with a lot layers of clothes due to the weather, without direction. He had nowhere to go, he was just wandering around.

The streets were iluminated with colorful lights and beautifully decorated for the season. As he walked around the streets, people looked at him and smiled before greeting him.

"Merry Christmas" he heard that phrase countless times that evening and he could only reply with a light nod and a faint smile. It was Christmas eve and everyone was rushing home to spend time with their families, but he wasn't.

Christmas, that time of the year were everyone was supposed to be happy and sharing love, was different for him. Joonmyun just sighed at the thought of it. He wasn't happy. He hated that season. In fact, Christmas was the saddest time of the year for him.

He used to love Christmas when he was a kid. He loved it when he could spend those snowy nights, drinking hot chocolate and opening gifts in front of a chimney, surrounded by his beloved family and friends. But that changed drastically that tragical night. That Christmas eve when he lost his parents in a car accident about 10 years ago.

Ever since then, Joonmyun had closed his heart to everyone. He was now just a lonely soul and had no one to spend Christmas with. Actually, he had a lot of relatives but he didn't feel like spending that night with them. Besides, he hadn't spoken to them in a very long time.

As he strolled down the street, lost in his thoughts, he didn't realize a girl was running in the opposite direction until they suddenly bumped into each other. Joonmyun was startled by this and when he saw that the girl was about to fall down, due to the slippery ground, he held her wrist tightly and pulled her closer so that she wouldn't fall.

"Are you okay, miss?" he gently asked, afraid that she was harm. He didn't realize he still had his arms wrapped around her, until she looked up and inmediately released herself from his grip. 

"Y-Yes thank you" she said stuttering a bit due to the embarrassment. Her voice was soft and melodious and Joonmyun could swear, he had never heard a voice like that before "And I'm sorry"

"Do not worry" he said and smiled. She looked at him and smiled as well. Now that he could see her face more clearly, he was mesmerized by her beauty.

"My name is Park Chorong" the girl shyly said, introducing herself "And again... I'm sorry"

Joonmyun chuckled a little bit. For a while, he had completely forgotten his sad memories. 

"Kim Joonmyun" he replied and smiled and then shook her hand gently, before asking her "Why were you running anyway?"

The girl looked at him and just sighed. Joonmyun noticed how she seemed to look a little bit troubled and a little lost in her own thoughts. She suddenly pouted as she thought of something and Joonmyun could swear, her cheeks were screaming to be pinched.

"Long story" she said finally and he put away his crazy thoughts "I shouldn't make you waste your time anymore, your family might be waiting for you"

Upon hearing this, Joonmyun's smile suddenly faded and was replaced by a sorrowful expression. He looked down and smiled faintly, lost in his thoughts. He tried not to mind, but he couldn't. 

"I'm alone today" he said shrugging and trying to put a smile, but couldn't. Chorong looked at him with a surprised face.

"Nobody should be alone on Christmas" she said said sadly and Joonmyun looked at her with a mix of curiosity and sadness.

"Then why are you here? Why aren't you with your family?" he asked with curiosity. She looked down before sighing once again.

"My parents love spending Christmas with their business partners, discussing business and I just got bored... so I ran away" she said feeling a little bit embarrassed for telling him that. He only looked at her with an amused expression "That's not how someone should spend Christmas, you know?"

"And you prefered to spend it alone?" he asked, raising an eyebrow, and she blushed slighty due to the embarrassment. 

"It was just going to be for a while... I was planning to go back after a few hours" he expressed softly and he smiled. The more he listened to her, to more amused he got. She was a really unique girl.

"I see" he said. She then looked at him and gave him a bright smile, before suddenly grabbing him by the wrist and started dragging him somewhere. 

"Come on, let's go somewhere warmer" she suddenly said as she pulled him. He looked at her surprised but didn't shove her hand away, instead, he just let him pull him.

"You are going to spend Christmas eve with a complete stranger?" he asked amused and she suddenly stopped walking. She looked at him before smiling.

"Better than alone, right?" Chorong replied before starting to walk again. Joonmyun looked at her amused and couldn't help but smile. She was really a unique woman. 

After walking for a while, they entered a café nearby and sat down, shivering slightly due to the coldness. Inside was a lot warmer and they were thankful for that. He looked at her once again and was amused how she had a smile that never seemed to fade away. 

They ordered two cups of hot chocolates and drank it slowly as they shared their stories in that short amount of time.  Joonmyun told her all his story and he couldn't believe how easy it had been to tell her. He hardly ever opened up like that, but Chorong was different. From the very first moment, he could feel that she was different.

Chorong listened to him, without interrupting and she could feel all his pain. Now she understood why he seemed so gloomy and lonely. She had only met him, but she already felt the desire to comfort him. After hearing his story, she told him hers, even though there wasn't much to be told. 

They continued drinking their hot chocolate and chatting like old friends. Chorong's phone suddenly buzzed for the 8th time that night and Joonmyun noticed. He looked at his watch and noticed how it was almost Chritsmas.

"You should get going" he said suddenly "Your parents might be looking for you"

"Yeah, you are right" she asked as her phone started buzzing again

She looked at him and smiled faintly. She didn't regret spending her evening with him and he didn't either. Even though they were only strangers, they felt like they would miss each other.

Just as she stood up, about to leave, the bells suddenly began to rang, annoucing that it was already midnight. Chorong smiled brightly and suddenly pulled Joonmyun into a tight embrace, startling him a lot. He was shocked at first, but then smiled sincerely and hugged her back.

"Merry Christmas Joonmyun sshi!" she said excited

"Merry Christmas Chorong sshi" he said and for the first time in a long time, he actually meant it. After a while, they broke the hug and smiled at each other.

"Will I ever see you again?" she asked, with slight sadness in her voice. Joonmyun looked at her and smiled.

"I bet you will" he said and she smiled too. She then waved at him and started walking away. That was their goodbye. He watched her as she left and felt warm in his heart. 

"Chorong sshi!" he suddenly said and she turned around startled "Thanks a lot for everything"

Chorong looked at him surprised and then smiled brightly, before turning around and walking away. He was really thankful to her because she had turned that sad night, into a happier one. He had actually had a happy Christmas after such a long time.

In that moment, he decided to call one of his relatives. Maybe, he shouldn't spend Christmas alone anymore. Maybe, it didn't have to be sad anymore.  He had changed his mind about spending Christmas alone, all thanks to her. He smiled suddenly.  Seoul wasn't such a big city, so he was sure that wasn't going to be the last time he saw her.