{krismi} 60 seconds

ExoPink Oneshot Collection

Title: 60 seconds

Characters: Wu Yifan (Kris) and Yoon Bomi

Pairings: Yifan x Bomi (main), mentions of Luhan x Bomi

Genre: Romance /Angst

(A/N: This is some kind of a sequel to 'memories of you' inspired by infinite's song 60 seconds)


It had been a year since everything happened and Yifan still couldn't get the memories away from his mind. It had been a year since he decided to leave Korea to forget and to move on. However, memories always came back hunting him.  Memories of the those times were she would only look at him. One year later, he was back in Korea, but the memories and the pain still hadn't go away.

Yifan sighed as he touched the engagement ring in his finger. He never took it off, never had the courage to do it.

As he strolled down the city on a rainy day, he couldn't help but wonder how his life would have been if things hadn't happened that way. His mind was full of 'what if's. What if they hadn't argued that night? What if she hadn't had that accident? What if she had been able to remember him? 

What if she had never fallen in love with Luhan?

Yifan sighed and continued walking down the street. It had started rainning heavely, so he decided to take a break from his walking, and seeked for shelter. He stopped by a coffee shop nearby and walked in.  He sat down on an empty table and waited, still lost in his thoughts. 

"Hi, what would you like to order?" a cheerful voice said, snapping him out of his thought. He didn't know why his heart suddenly skipped a beat. It had been a year, but he could recognize that voice anywhere. He suddenly turned around, afraid that his ears were deceiving him. However, when his eyes finally met hers, it was as if time had suddenly stopped. Even if he had wanted to say something, no words came out of his mouth. 

They are locked and for an instant, time stopped. 60 seconds was all it took for memories to rush back to his mind. Memories of when they were happy together and memories of everything that happened after the accident.

"Sir?" she asked once again, snapping him out of his trance once again. He was speechless for a second. 

"Yeah hum, I'd like a cup of coffee" he said, his eyes never leaving her face. She smiled at him and his heart suddenly skipped a beat again. She still had that effect on him and it was scary, because he shouldn't feel that way.

"Anything else you'd like to order?" she asked nicely and he shook his head

"No, that would be it" he said and she nodded cheerfully. She then left to give her order to the kitchen and continue attending the customers, as Yifan watched her. He still couldn't believe she was there. His heart ached and his mind was full of 'ifs' once again. 

"Here's you order" she snapped his out of his thoughts once again, as she placed the cup of coffee she had ordered in his table. He smiled faintly at her and she smiled back, with that cheerful smile that could still melt his heart. She looked at him for a while and her eyes widened slightly.

"I know you!" she said a little bit surprised. Yifan's eyes widened and his heart was beating fastly suddenly. A small light of hope lit inside of him as she looked at him as if she remembered him. Did she? Had she finally recovered her memories of him?

"You do?" he asked, still a little bit afraid to know the answer. His heart was still beating fastly inside his chest and his hands were trembling in anticipation as he looked at her, expecting her answer.

"You are Luhan's friend, aren't you?" she asked happily, with a bright a smile on her face. "You were that day at the hospital"

His face fell and his heart sank in a instant. All the hope he had, suddenly vanished. He tried to smile, but it didn't reach his eyes.  He knew he shouldn't have gotten his hopes up so suddenly. Now the wounds have been reopened and he didn't know what to do to heal them. He held back the bitter tears that were threatening to fall from his eyes and swallowed the lump on his throat.

"Yeah, I'm his friend" he said bitterly and she nodded, without noticing the sudden tension "How's he?"

"He is fine!" she said cheerfully "I'll tell him I saw you, he'll be really happy to hear from you"

As Bomi was about to walk away, he suddenly grabbed her hand gently to prevent her for walking away from him . She was suprised for a second, but didn't let go. She simply smiled as she looked at him. So many times he had wondered what he would do if he had her face to face with him once again. He wondered what he would tell her.

He wanted to scream. He wanted to tell her things hadn't supposed to end that way, that he was the one she should have married. He was sad and he was angry and those feelings were probably never going to go away. It was unfair, he knew, but he was tired of playing the good guy. He was tired and this time, he wanted to be selfish.

"Are you happy?" he suddenly asked and that took her by suprise. She hadn't expected that guy, who was merely a friend of her husband to act that way. However, she simply smiled at him.

"Yes" she replied, without hesitation in her voice "Couldn't be happier"

The sincerety in her voice broke him. As much as he wanted to be selfish and end the lie once and for all, he knew he couldn't do anything that would hurt her. Because no matter how much time had passed or if she had moved on, he still loved her. He loved her as much as he loved her before and even if it killed him to see her with someone else, if she was happy with someone else, that was all he needed to know to stay quiet.

"That's good" he said, looking down bitterly. He sighed and finally let go of her hand, as he walked towards the door. She was surprised when the warmness of his hand was suddenly go. After Yifan let go of her hand, she only realized it was gone when felt something on it. As she watched him walk away, she noticed a silver ring shining on her hand. Her eyes widened in an instant and her heart skipped a beat suddenly.

For an instant, an image of her and him flashed in her mind. It took her by surprise, but it vanished as fast as it appeared. She looked at the ring and then at the man that was exiting the door.

"Wait!" she called him with her eyes widened in surprise and Yifan stopped walking abruptly. Yifan was surprised. Had she remembered? Could it be that the ring had made her remember everything? He turned around to face and she stood there in front of him, with her cheeks flushed.

"Your ring" she said extending her hand towards him. Yifan smiled at her bitterly. Of course she hadn't remembered. He took her hand and closed it around the ring. For a instant, her heart jumped in recognition once again. She didn't know why, but it happened. 

"Keep it" he said with a faint smile

Bomi looked at him confused but didn't say anything, she didn't know what to say anyway. Yifan exited the door and walked away, determined not to look back. Bomi watched him go and felt a sudden emptiness inside her that she couldn't explain. It was a sudden feeling of sadness and pain she didn't know how to describe. 

Yifan walked away, finally finding closure and determined to try to move on. And as Bomi watched him disappear in the crowd, another image flashed through her mind. Another image of him and her, that disappeard as fast as her memories of him had once vanished.

And 60 seconds was all it took for it to be gone forever.