{eunyeol/baekji} Someone Else

ExoPink Oneshot Collection

Title: Someone Else

Characters: Jung Eunji, Park Chanyeol, Byun Baekhyun and Kim Taeyeon

Pairing(s): Eunji x Chanyeol (main), Baekhyun x Eunji (side), Baekhyun x Taeyeon (side)

Genre: Romance/ Angst


Tears ran down her eyes inmediately after she ended the phone call with him and she ran out of her dorm. Her legs finally felt weak and she had to sit down in the stairs, still crying her heart out. She felt a suffocating feeling inside her chest so she clutched her shirt tightly. Baekhyun's words still replayed in her mind like a broken tape, making everything ever worse.

Eunji ah! Guess what? She finally said yes! Taeyeon and I are finally together! 

Those were his words and she could tell by the excitement in his voice that he was truly happy. However, she couldn't be happy for him. She knew it was selfish but she couldn't be happy for them because it hurt. It hurt to much and she couldn't handle it. She knew it was partially her fault. It was her fault for having an unrequited love towards her best friend. It was her fault for not taking Baekhyun's crush on the older girl seriously. Whenever Baekhyun talked about his feelings for Taeyeon, Eunji would always think it was  a hopeless crush. She did not expect the older girl to finally accept his feelings.

Eunji sobbed silently and wondered if things would be different if she had had the guts to confess his feelings towards him. She had always hidden her real feelings behind the best friend label, hoping that one day Byun Baekhyun would realize how she truly felt. However, that never happened and she never had the guts to confess. It didn't matter anyway, because things wouldn't be different. Baekhyun loved Taeyeon.

Eunji had been crying for too long and she did not realize someone had quietly taken a sit next to her, until she felt a apair of strong arms pulling her towards a hard chest. She was startled at first, but she calmed down inmediately after she heard his soothing voice.

"Ssh, it's okay" the deep and calming voice of her other best friend, Park Chanyeol, made her feel somehow better "Why are you crying?"

Eunji scoffed. Of course Chanyeol had to ruin things with his silly questions.

"Do you really need to ask?" she asked as she wiped away the tears. Chanyeol simply chuckled.

"Sorry I asked" he replied. Eunji just remained silent and hugged him tightly. She really found comfort in the silence of Chanyeol's company. 

"It's silly right?" She suddenly asked, breaking the moment of silence. Chanyeol looked down at her with a confused look and frowned slightly.

"What is silly?" he asked. Eunji didn't look at him, her gaze was lost somewhere else as she was deeply thinking about what she was going to say.

"That it hurts so bad to know that Baekhyun is with Taeyeon now when I knew his feelings all along" she replied and that made tears fall down her eyes once again. "I wish it didn't hurt, but I can't help it"

Chanyeol looked sadly at her and then sighed.

"That's the thing about pain, Eunji ah" he said "It demands to be felt"

Eunji sighed and scoffed once again. She knew Chanyeol was right. Pain demanded to be felt and she was feeling it right now. They remained silent once again as she wiped the remaining tears from her eyes once again, still holding tightly onto him. That was until Chanyeol sighed once again, causing Eunji to look up at him.

"What?" she asked. Chanyeol looked into her eyes and let out yet another sigh.

"If only you'd realize that there is someone out there who loves you like you deserve" he said, almost in a sad whisper. Eunji frowned. What the hell was Chanyeol talking about? She didn't know and she felt more confused than ever. Someone that loved her? That sounded like nonesense in that moment.

"Someone that loves me? That's stupid" she said as she scoffed

"You may not believe it right now, Jung Eunji but there is someone out there who really loves" he said and she scoffed again. She know believed Chanyeol was telling her a stupid joke to make her feel better, but it wasn't working at all.

"And according to you, who is that someone?" she asked, half mockingly. Chanyeol didn't reply. He simply stared deeply into her eyes and before she even knew, he leaned forward and crashed his lips against hers softly. Eunji's eyes widened in shock as she didn't know how to react. Chanyeol was in love with her? 

"Me" he replied with a smile as soon he broke off the kiss. Eunji was still shocked and her eyes were still as wide as Kyungsoos's eyes. A lot of questions ran through her head, but in that moment she didn't know how to answer them. She just knew her best friend had just kissed her and she hadn't pushed him away.