{nahun} Like Fiction's Heroes

ExoPink Oneshot Collection

Title: Like Fiction's Heroes

Characters: Son Naeun and Oh Sehun

Pairing(s): Sehun x Naeun (main)

Genre: Romance/Fluff


Son Naeun lived in a world of fantasy and fiction. She loved reading books and there was not a single day she wouldn't be seen reading, during breaks or between classes. She simply loved the world that was perfectly described by those unknown and yet, admirable, authors that lived so far away. She was easily drawn into the stories by every single word they wrote. Romantic novels were her favorite and she specially loved the main heroes in the stories.

Her friends would say she had a thing for bad boys, but somehow her perception of men had changed ever since she was drawn to this whole new world of romantic novels. Now she admired and would usually swoon over the guys with charming smiles, gentle words and caring personalities described in those books she liked so much. 

However, Son Naeun had a boyfriend and he was far from being like those fiction's heroes. Oh Sehun was a cold and laid back guy who was far from being the romantic type of guy. Naeun loved him nevertheless, but she would usually be annoyed by the fact that he was so unromantic. Like most of the girls her age, she wanted her guy to sweep her off her feet and be her knight in shinning armour. But Sehun was, definitely, not like that.

Naeun was now sitting under a cherry blossom tree in the school yard during lunch, while she read a brand new novel. She was almost reaching the end of the story and she couldn't help the tears that would ocassionally roll from her eyes as she read. 

It was then that Sehun caught sight of her. He had just walked out of his classroom because his teacher had dismissed him late, when he spotted her under the cherry blossom tree. A small smile appeared on his bored face as he walked towards her, yawning. Naeun was so concentrated in her novel, that she didn't notice Sehun's presence, not even when he sat next to her.

"What are you reading?" he suddenly asked, startling her very much and almost making her drop her book. She turned to face her boyfriend and inmediately wiped the remaining tears from her eyes. Sehun frowned as soon as he saw her. "Were you crying?"

Naeun inmediately blushed, embarrassed that her boyfriend had seen her in that state. Sehun simply chuckled and then then tilted his head slightly to see the title of the novel she was reading.

"This book is really emotive, ok?" she said "Don't laugh"

"Sorry" he said but there was a still a mocking grin on his face. "It's just a book Naeun, no need to take it so seriously"

Naeun puffed her cheeks annoyed and then sighed. Why couldn't Sehun be more considerate about the things she liked? Naeun then looked at him and sighed once again.

"Why can't you be more like the main heroes in the romantic novels?" she asked, feeling slightly annoyed, to which Sehun could just raise an eyebrow with a confused expression. "Why can't you be romantic like Augustus or Noah?"

Sehun looked at her, even more confused now. Who the hell was she talking about? He had no idea. He just guessed she was talking about some characters of the books she liked to read.

"Who?" he asked, slightly frowning and Naeun sighed.

"The fault in our stars? The notebook?" she said and that seemed to confuse Sehun even more. Naeun couldn't believe she was dating someone who didn't even bother to learn the titles of her favorite novels or even shared her passion for books.

"Why would you want me to be like those dudes?" he asked, with his usual stoic expression. Naeun looked at him and could only sigh once again. Oh Sehun would never understand.

"Just forget it" she said, before standing up from her seat and walking away, leaving Sehun dumbfounded. He looked at her as she walked away and still couldn't fathom what was wrong with her. Sehun then sighed and walked away as well. He knew she would come around sooner or later.

****

Naeun seemed upset by the fact that Sehun didn't even bother to follow her to make up after their argument. She hated that it affected it so much, because despite the fact that he was an unromantic and heartless idiot, she loved him very much. She sighed once again, before she went back to quietly reading her book in the library.

The day passed quietly and Sehun didn't look for her during the entire day. Naeun simply gave up waiting for him, so she just shoved her book inside her bag a little bit too angry, and left the library. Classes had ended about an hour ago and Naeun had stayed in the library ever since, and yet, Oh Sehun never appeared. 

"Oh great" she mumbled as she walked out of the building and found out that it was raining outside. That was just the cherry on top of her awful day. She just sighed as she walked out, expecting to get wet inmediately. However, that never happened. 

She suddenly looked up confused, wondering if it had stopped raining, but her eyes widened in slight shock when she saw she was being covered by an all too familiar yellow umbrella. And the person holding it was none other than her blond haired boyfriend, Oh Sehun. He was getting completely soaked, due to the fact that the umbrella was only covering her, but the smile on his face was still there and Naeun could swear he looked more handsome than ever.

"What are you doing here?" she asked, a little bit startled

"Waiting for you, of course" he said as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. Naeun could only roll her eyes.

"What I meant was, why didn't you talk to me the whole day?" she asked, sounding slightly annoyed.

"I just thought you needed some time and since you were mad at me, I thought you didn't want to be bothered" he said and Naeun only sighed. Somehow, her heart felt warm. Sehun wasn't the perfect boyfriend, but Naeun knew that things like these were the reason why she loved him so much.

"Look Naeun" he suddenly said sternly, looking into her beautiful brown orbs deeply "I know I'm not like those stupid heroes in the novels you read and that I don't do romantic stuff. And maybe I don't always get your obsession with books and romance, but I know something for sure..."

He made a pause and Naeun's heart skipped a beat,

"I love you" he said "I'm sorry that I'm not like those fiction heroes you love so much"

"No, you are not" she suddenly said and Sehun's heart dropped slightly "You are Oh Sehun and you are perfect like that"

She said with a bright smile on her face and Sehun smiled as well, before Naeun wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him intensely. Sehun unintentionally let go of the umbrella as his hands reached for Naeun's face, making them both get soaked with the rain. Naeun smiled as they pulled away and looked into each others's eyes before chuckling. In that moment she thought that there was nothing more romantic than sharing a kiss under rain with the person she loved the most.