{2kyung} Love At First Sight

ExoPink Oneshot Collection

Title: Love At First Sight

Characters: Do Kyungsoo and Hong Yookyung

Pairing(s): Kyungsoo x Yookyung (main)

Genre: Romance/Fluff


Do Kyungsoo knew he had fallen in love, the moment his heart skipped a beat when the girl with cute chubby cheeks, smiled gently at him. She was an exchange student from America and that day, was her first day in his school. Kyungsoo had never seen her before and yet, his heart beated fastly when their eyes met for the first time, the moment she walked in.

He learned her name was Hong Yookyung on their second class together, when the teacher asked her to introduce herself in front of the class. She shyly looked down and said her name in a very low and gentle voice. Kyungsoo's heart skipped a beat once again and he knew then, that the feeling wouldn't go away that easily.

He didn't know if it was destiny, or just pure coincidence, but they ended up being together in all the classes that semester. He thought maybe, it was just his luck because he got to see her everyday. 

The first time she talked to him, he was so nervous he couldn't mutter a single word. He could only say his name. He still remembers it was during lunch time. The cafeteria was already very crowded when she arrived. She looked around and noticed that the only empty seat was in his table, so she nervously walked towards his table.

"Can I sit here?" the girl shyly asked, hoping he would let her sit there. In that moment, Kyungsoo's eyes widened even more, if that was even possible. He was speechless for while, but after he realized he had been quiet for too long, he nodded shyly. Yookyung smiled gently and sat next to him.

"I'm Hong Yookyung" she said and he blushed slightly. He was about to say he already knew her name, but then thought maybe that wasn't the way to start a conversation.

"Do Kyungsoo" he said, still nervous. She smiled at him and he smiled back at her, suddenly feeling a strange sensation on his stomach. A sensation he had never felt before, but he didn't dislike it one bit. The atmostphere was awkward and silent, but he was happy. Happy that he got to know her.

When they started to become closer, Kyungsoo knew he couldn't make the butterflies in his stomach go away. Seeing her everyday in class and spending more time with her made him realized, he truly liked her. Yookyung was nice and sweet and also very shy, just like him. That was why they became close friends, because they were too shy to interact with others and after some months of knowing each other more, they soon became best friends.

****

"Do you believe in love at first sight?" Kyungsoo once asked her suddenly when they were walking around the park, one afternoon. Yookyung looked at him with a confused looked. She was taken aback by the sudden question, but she just smiled.

"I do" Yookyung just replied and Kyungsoo didn't ask anything else. That was the only thing he needed to hear.

The two of them just sat on the bench and stared at the beautiful sunset silently. By then, they had already gotten accostumed to the silence and actually enjoyed it. What he loved the most about being aroung Yookyung was the silence wasn't uncomfortable with her. They enjoyed the silence, as long they were together.

Kyungsoo turned to look at Yookyung, who was still watching the sunset mesmerized by the beauty. As cheesy as it could sound, he thought the beauty of the sunset couldn't be compared to hers and when he saw the sparks in her eyes and his heart fluttered suddenly, he knew then that there was no other place he'd rather be. He knew he just wanted to be by her side.

****

The day he finally gained the courage to confess his feelings for her, he prayed he wouldn't lose her friendship. He knew he was risking losing her friendship, but he also knew he could no longer hide his feelings for her. He just hoped he wouldn't lose her. He wouldn't be able to bear losing her.

Kyungsoo just sat there on the bench, in the same park where he had asked her if she believed in love at first sight. It was autumn already and the yellow leaves were starting to fall everywhere. He didn't know why he had chose than place. Maybe, it already had a special place in his heart.

"Kyungsoo oppa!" she called when she finally arrived to the park. He smiled and waved at her. They had been friends for longer than a year already and yet, he would still smile like a fool everytime she called him 'oppa'.

Yookyung ran excited to the place where he was sitting and sat next to him. They remained silent for a while as they sat there and just watched the leaves falling from the trees. 

"Why did you want to see me?" she suddenly asked, breaking the silence and Kyungsoo was left speechless for a while. He then looked at her in the eyes and smiled.

"Do you remember that day when I asked you if you believed in love at first sight?" he suddenly asked and Yookyung chuckled slightly. 

"Of course, how could I forget?" she said and he smiled once again "Although I don't understand why you suddenly asked me that"

Yookyung rubbed her chin curiously as she said that and Kyungsoo couldn't help but chuckle. The girl in front of him, never failed to make him smile. Every little thing she did, would make his heart flutter and would put a smile on his face and he loved that.

"Well, I asked you that because I believe I fell in love at first sight" he finally said as he looked into her eyes intensely. 

"What?" she asked with curiosity. That was something she didn't expect to hear from her shy best friend. "Who did you fall in love with?"

Kyungsoo didn't reply and just smiled. He knew she was very curious to know, but he didn't know if he was ready to say it. However, even if he wasn't ready, he had to do it. He had already gotten there, so there was no turning back. He then took a deep breath before looking at her once again.

"You" he suddenly said "I fell in love with you the moment you walked in my class. I didn't believe it at first, but my heart beated faster than ever the moment I saw you"

Yookyung was taken aback by the sudden confession and she could only gasp surprised with her eyes wide open. Her cheeks had turned slightly pink and she suddenly couldn't find the words to say. She couldn't believe Kyungsoo was confessing his love for her. She really hadn't expect it. She didn't know what to say, she just knew her heart had never beated faster.

She looked at him with an unreadable expression and Kyungsoo feared she would reject him, but then a smile suddenly appeared on her face and he could swear, he had never felt happier before.

"I love you too" she suddenly said with a smile. Kyungsoo was really surprised, but happy indeed. He was happy that she felt the way as him. He smiled at her blushed and noticed how her cheeks turned slightly redder as well. 

When he suddenly leaned forward to kiss her, he felt his heart would come out of his mouth at any second and Yookyung felt exactly the same way. When their lips finally met for the first time, he felt an indescribable feeling and a rush of happiness. Kyungsoo knew in that moment that he hadn't been wrong to think he had fallen in love.