{eunyeol/baekji} Hero

ExoPink Oneshot Collection

Title: Hero

Characters: Jung Eunji, Park Chanyeol and Byun Baekhyun

Pairing(s): Baekhyun x Eunji (main), Chanyeol x Eunji (main)

Genre: Friendship/Angst/Slight romance


The rain poured heavily as the girl with brown locks wiped her tears as she ran down the wet streets of Seoul. She didn't have an umbrella with her, so she was getting completely soaked but she didn't care. People everywhere rushed to search for shelter, but she just wanted to run away. To run until the pain would fade away.

She stopped running when she felt her legs tired, but she didn't stop crying. She felt stupid. 

"Eunji ah!" she heard a deep voice call her name but she didn't move.

Her eyes were still closed as the tears streamed down her eyes. She suddenly didn't feel the raindrops falling over her body, so she looked up. Someone had covered her with an umbrella and was standing there in front of her with a smile on his face. 

"I was worried about you" he said gently, still holding the umbrella over her head. Eunji suddenly threw herself into his arms and sobbed hardly. The guy hugged her tightly with his free arm. She could feel a sense of comfort when he hugged her.

"Chanyeol oppa" she said with a trembling as she cried on his chest "H-he only sees me as a sister..."

Chanyeol didn't need to ask anymore, because he knew exactly what she meant. Chanyeol had talked to him before and when he explained what had happened, Chanyeol inmediately rushed out to look for Eunji. He looked for her everywhere and he had finally found her. 

 

"Baekhyun oppa!" she called for him and he suddenly turned around and smiled at the girl with eye smile. 

"Eunji ah, how are you?" he said sweetly as he ruffled her hair slighty

"Fine, thanks" she said slightly blushed. She looked at him and could feel her heart beat faster. She knew he was the one for her. She had been in love with him for a really long time, but she wasn't sure how her felt for her.

"Baekhyun oppa..." she said suddenly and nervously "I-I have something to tell you"

"You can tell me anything" he said smiling sweetly

"I... I love you!" she said with her eyes closed because of the nervousness. Baekhyun stood there with his eyes wide open. He was speechless since he didn't know what to say. Eunji sensed that something was wrong when she didn't heard his reply, so she opened her eyes and saw him staring at her with sad eyes and a faint smile.

Words weren't necessary in that moment, because she understood by his expression that she had screwed up their friendship. She felt as if something was ripping her heart off and she couldn't help the tears that were falling down her eyes.

"I feel so stupid right now" she said trying to hold back the tears and put a smile, but failed. 

"No, you are not stupid" he said gently, but still with sad eyes "I feel like I led you on and that wasn't my intention. I love you Eunji, but not the way you love you me. You are a like a sister to me... I'm sorry I can't return your feelings"

Eunji tried to smile, but failed so she just ran away so that the guy that had just broken her heart, wouldn't see her cry anymore

 

Chanyeol hugged her even tighter and let her cry on his chest. He suddenly felt his heart breaking into little pieces. She loved Baekhyun, but he didn't return her feelings and he loved her, but she wasn't aware of that. Yes, Park Chanyeol was deeply in love with his best friend, Jung Eunji but she was oblivious to that.

"Thanks for always being here for me Chanyeol oppa" she said wiping her tears and he smiled at her. "You are the best friend a person can have"

Chanyeol smiled faintly but his eyes were full of sadnees and yet she didn't notice. Because Chanyeol would always smile even when his heart was breaking inside. He smiled sincerely to her despite the pain and she gave him a thankful smile. She was glad she had a friend like Chanyeol, because she knew she could count on him always. In the good times and in the bad ones. 

He loved her, but she only saw him as a good friend. It hurt but that was ok as long as he could see that smile on her face. It was enough for him to know that she trusted him and that he would always be the first person she would turn whenever she had a problem. He was going to be ok as long as Eunji kept on seeing him as her hero. The one who would always protect her no matter what and will always be there for her.