{krisji} Voice Mail

ExoPink Oneshot Collection

Title: Voice Mail

Characters: Wu Yifan (Kris) and Jung Eunji

Pairing(s): Kris x Eunji (main)

Genre: Angst/ Romance


Tears ran down of Eunji's eyes as the girl sat down on the floor on hugged her knees tightly. The room was dark and she hadn't even bothered to open the curtains, she just remained in that position for until her limbs went numb and her tears had almost dried. The telephone started ringing, but she didn't move. A few rings later, she heard her voice in the recording machine.

Hi, this is Eunji... please leave a message after the beep

*beep*

That's when she heard a sigh, followed by a very familiar voice that was about to crack and it inmediately broke her heart into a million pieces.

Eunji ah, it's me Yifan. I'm sorry, okay? I'm really sorry for not telling you, I just couldn't find the strenght to tell you. You are not answering your phone and I'm starting to get worried. Please call me when you hear this, we need to talk... I love you

*beep´*

She sighed and couldn't help the tears that started rolling down her eyes yet again as she hugged her knees even tighter and buried her face in between them. It had been a shock when she found out from a third party that Yifan was leaving and he didn't even bother to tell her. It made her mad that he hadn't had the guts to tell her, but that wasn't the reason she wasn't talking to him. She didn't want him to leave, yet she didn't find the courage to hold him back.

Eunji then wiped the tears away and grabbed her phone. Taking a deep breath, she dialed a number she knew by heart and waited as her heart began beating fastly, almost as if the oxygen in the room was being . It rang several times, but nobody answered. She let out a sigh. Maybe they weren't meant to talk to each other after all.

The beeping sound was followed by his recorded voice and Eunji took another deep breath, before finally leaving him a voice mail.

I don't want you to go... but I know it's unfair to ask you to stay. I hope you find what you didn't here in Korea and make your dreams come true. Goodbye, Yifan.

The line went off before she could whisper her last words to him.

I love you...