{kaieun} I Like You

ExoPink Oneshot Collection

Title: I Like You

Characters: Kim Jongin (Kai), Son Naeun, Kim Joonmyun (Suho), Park Chorong, Jung Eunji and Park Chanyeol

Pairing(s): Kai x Naeun (main), Suho x Chorong (side), Chanyeol x Eunji (side)

Genre: Romance/Fluff


Jongin took a seat at his usual spot and ruffled his hair. He couldn't believe that was happening to him. He had never felt so stupid in front of a girl before. Everytime she was in front of him, he didn't know what to do and the worst part was that she seemed to be trying to avoid him. His best friend, Kim Joonmyun, was the one to blame for all his problems. 

It all started they day Joonmyun introduced his girlfriend and her friends to his friends at school. Joonmyun's girlfriend, Park Chorong, was a really sweet and beautiful girl and the couple seemed to be really in love with each other. Chorong's friends were all truly pretty as well,  but the one that really caught Jongin's attention was the girl named Son Naeun. 

Her beauty took his breath away the first time he saw her. She seemed nice also, but she was extremely shy and Jongin noticed that. When all of them sat together on lunch, she would barely talk. She just listened to them and nodded and sometimes laughed from time to time. The ones who would always talk were Joonmyun and Chorong, who were sometimes on their own little world, and Chanyeol and Eunji, who were happy viruses and that had gotten along very well since the beggining.

As time passed by, Naeun slowly started opening to everyone. She talked more and was more comfortable with everyone, except him and he couldn't understand why. He had tried to approach her and start a conversation, but it seemed like she tried to avoid him. She wouldn't speak to him much, only when it was strictly necessary and she tried to end up the conversation as soon as she could.  When her eyes met his accidentally, she would inmediately look away. She avoided him to the point that he no longer knew what to say everytime they were together.

Jongin sighed once again as he couldn't understand her behaviour. Was he that bad? Why did she dislike him so much? He guessed it was because she believed all the jokes Chanyeol and Joonmyun said about him being a playboy. It wasn't true though. It was just a stupid joke.

That afternoon, they were all seated together in the school's cafeteria as always. Joonmyun and Chorong were sitting in front of him, with Eunji sitting nex to her. Jongin was in the middle and Chanyeol was sitting next to him, so there was only one empty seat when Naeun arrived. 

He took a glance at her direction and noticed how her eyes slightly widened when she saw  that the only empty seat on the table was next to him. He wanted to sigh once again but he didn't, since he didn't want to be so obvious. Naeun hesitated for a while but then just took the seat next to him. Jongin wanted to say something to her. To initiate a conversation, but he didn't know what to say. 

Lunch went by smoothly. Chanyeol and Eunji talked nonstop during the whole hour of lunch, while Joonmyun and Chorong were lovey dovey all the time like always. Jongin and Naeun didn't say anything and just watched their friends be themselves.

Jongin felt uncomfortable since he didn't know what to do. That's why he fixed his attention to the couple in front of him and noticed how Joonmyun was feeding Chorong and they were being all lovey dovey. He felt slightly irritated. Not because he was jealous, but because he was envious of their relationship. He wished to have a relationship like theirs, but he would never admit that.

"Hyung" he suddenly said, breaking the silence. "Chorong noona has hands too, you know?"

Upon saying that, the couple inmediately blushed in embarrassment and Chanyeol and Eunji suddenly started laughing out loud. Something he would totally expect. What he didn't expect, was the soft giggles coming from the person next to him. Jongin inmediately turned to look at her surprised and blinked his eyes many times. Naeun noticed this and looked at him a little bit confused.

"What?" she asked softly as she didn't understand why he was looking at her so suddenly

"You just laughed at one of my jokes" he said still in disbelief

"Yeah, is that wrong?" she asked 

"No, of course not!" he said suddenly, blushing a little bit. "It's just that I thought... you disliked me"

After saying that, everyone in the table became quiet and turned their attentions to him. Naeun looked at him shocked and her cheeks slowly turned pink. 

"I-I don't dislike you" she said shyly, sttutering a little bit and his eyes suddenly widened in shock. 

"But... why do you avoid me everytime I try to talk to you then?" he asked, still shocked with everything she said. She looked at him and her cheeks turned even redder, if that was possible.

"Y-you make me nervous" she mumbled suddenly and looked down, to avoid Jongin's gaze. Jongin blinked many times once again as he still couldn't believe what he was hearing. Chorong left out a soft giggle and Chanyeol held back his laughter. The scene was getting rather uncomfortable since everyone was watching.

"So, you like me?" he suddenly asked, with a smirk on his face. He had finally gained his confidence back now that he knew she didn't avoid him because she disliked him, but because she liked him.

"What? I never said that..." she said nervously and he chuckled 

"Because I like you" he finally admitted and she looked up startled. Her cheeks were still red and she looked really nervous. He smiled at her and she looked down once again. "That's why I had been trying to get you to talk to me, but kept avoiding me"

"Sorry" she just said rather embarrassed. 

"So, you like me too?" he asked once again because she had deny it before. Naeun didn't answer, she just nodded her head and Jongin chuckled at her cuteness. Jongin looked at her once again and smiled. This time, Naeun looked at him too and smiled as well, still really nervous. 

"Aww you guys are too cute" Chorong said suddenly and everyone laughed 

"If you are going to be as lovey dovey as these two, I think I'm going to throw up" Eunji complained as she signalled Joonmyun and Chorong, causing everyone to laugh once again. 

"Maybe we should become a couple too" Chanyeol suddenly told Eunji and her eyes widened. 

"Oh shut up" she said and smacked his head, but she help but blush slightly. 

Jongin just chuckled once again. Now he knew why Naeun had been avoiding him all this time and it made him smile once again. He suddenly held her hand over the table and she looked shocked at first but then smiled shyly. 

Yes, Joonmyun was the one to blame for all his problems. It was because he introduced him to her. It was his fault that he had fallen head over heels for her.