{haneun} My Only Love

ExoPink Oneshot Collection

Title: My Only Love

Characters: Son Naeun, Luhan and Kim Jongin (Kai)

Pairing(s): Luhan x Naeun (main), Kai x Naeun (side)

Genre: Angst/Romance


The sun rays passed through her window and woke her up from her deep sleep. She had been awake until very late the previous night, that was why she was so tired that morning. She yawned, before getting up from her bed and rubbing her eyes slightly. Naeun walked to her desk and took the red marker that was over it. She then headed to the door, which was still closed, and marked another day in the calendar before letting out a huge sigh.

"It's been 250 days already" she said with a sad voice. 

Her boyfriend, Luhan, had enlisted to the army 250 days ago because he felt like his country needed him. It hurt him very much to leave Naeun, but he knew what his duty was and it was to serve the country. 

Naeun sighed once again before heading to her bed once again. She took the box that was under her bed and opened it. Inside, there were a lot of letters Luhan had sent her, while he was in the army. She took the last one she received and read it again.

 

My dearest Naeun

I miss you so much. I wish I could be there with you, but I can't. But don't worry, we'll see each other soon when I finish my one year service in the army. By the way, today the troops are heading to Irak for an especial expedition. They say it's dangerous there, but don't worry about me. The thought of seeing you again will keep me alive... I love you very much, don't forget that. You are my only love.

Forever yours,

Luhan

 

Tears started to roll down Naeun's eyes when she read the letter. It was the last letter Luhan had sent her and he had sent it one month ago. She wrote him back more than a 10 letters, but she didn't receive any reply. She was extremely worried, thinking that something bad could have happened to him. What if something had happened to him while he was in Irak? 

"No, Naeun you have to be positive" she said to herself as she wiped her tears. "You have to come back safe Luhan... for both of us"

She said that as she put her hands and her big tummy. Yes, Naeun was 9 months pregnant and she hadn't tell Luhan yet, because she thought she couldn't give him the news by letters. She wanted to surprise him when he came back but now, the thought of not seeing him again completely broke her heart. 

****

He panted as he hid behind a wall, holding his weapon up in case something happened. He was sweating and he was covered with dirt. He was extremely exhausted and he hadn't eaten a good meal in weeks, but he wasn't going to give up. He had to fight and the thought of going back to the person he loved the most was the only thing that kept him strong.

He looked to his side and saw his partner giving him signs with his fingers. He nodded and got ready. With his fingers, he counted to three, and all his troop ran out of their hiding place and started the fire.

He lost count of how many times he pulled the trigger. Everything was covered by dust and gunpowder so he could barely even see anything. After 250 days, he had gotten accostumed to that. 

He had been trained well, but no one could tell for sure what was going to happen. That was why when a bomb suddenly exploded close to where he was standing, it took him by surprise and he couldn't do anything to avoid it. The explotion threw him flying meters away and he landed to the dusty ground. The last thought on his mind before he fell unconscious was how much he wished he could have seen his beloved Naeun one last time.

****

Naeun stood there in the living room of her house, carrying a little baby of about three months old. She looked a lot happier ever since her baby was born, but still there was sadness in her heart. Sadness because she hadn't heard from Luhan for months but she still hoped he would come back.

Luhan was supposed to leave the army and come back home that day. Exactly 365 days after he departed. Naeun was anxiously walking around her house as she waited for some news.

"Stop walking around, you are making me nervous" the person, sitting in the couch told her. 

"I'm nervous too Jongin! Luhan is supposed to come back today" she said and the guy smiled. Kim Jongin was Naeun's childhood friend, who had always been there for her ever since Luhan enlisted. He didn't know Luhan that much, but he knew he was a great guy and that Naeun loved him very much.

"Calm down Naeun, he'll come you'll see" he said and she smiled. 

"Hey, can you carry Mason, while I go the kitchen for a glass of water?" she asked him

"Sure" Jongin said with a smile on his face as he carried the baby on his arms. Naeun smiled and headed to the kitchen for some water because she was thirsty. She went to the fridge and poured a little bit of water on a glass. She dranked it slowly.

Suddenly the bell rang and she jumped startled, almost dropping the glass of water. 

"I'll get it" Jongin yelled from the living. Naeun's heart started beating faster as she inmediately left the glass on the table and stormed to the living room. Her heart skipped a beat when she saw someone on the door, wearing a green uniform. 

"Is Son Naeun home?" the person asked and her heart suddenly fell. That was definitely not Luhan's voice. She went to the door and the person saluted her. She bowed down and smiled, wondering what was this person doing in her house and hoping it wasn't bad news.

"Why are you looking for me?" she asked and the person in front of him looked down. Naeun could swear her heart was going to come off any time if he didn't speak.

"We are very sorry to inform you we lost track of soldier Luhan a few months ago during the expedition in Irak... we are sorry to say this but we believe he is dead" the soldier spoke with a sad voice and Naeun froze. Her hands starting shaking as tears rolled down her eyes. 

"No..." she said "NO! IT CAN'T BE TRUTH! LUHAN CANNOT BE BE DEAD!"

She yelled desperately as  more tears rolled down her tears. Jongin inmediately ran over Naeun and hugged her tightly.

"Naeun please calm down" he said trying to make her feel better but nothing was going to work. She felt like a part of her had been ripped off in that moment. She couldn't believe what she was hearing.

"Luhan can't be dead, Jongin... he can't" Naeun sobbed and hugged him. He tried to fight back the tears but couldn't. The soldier outside looked at them with sorry eyes, before bowing down and leaving the two. 

Naeun sobbed uncontrollably all night. She couldn't believe she had lost her beloved Luhan. She wanted to stop crying, because she needed to be strong for her baby, but she couldn't. She couldn't handle the idea of losing him. Jongin stayed there with her to take care of her and of the baby, because she wasn't on the condition to look after him. She cried, until she fell asleep.

****

Jongin was chasing after a kid of about three years old and when he finally caught him, he tickled him and both laughed hardly. They were both playing happily in the garden, while Naeun was in the kitchen cooking lunch. She looked out of the window and smiled at the scene. Her heart wasn't fully healed from Luhan's departure, but somehow her son and Jongin had managed to put a smile on her face everyday.

"Mommy, is lunch ready already?" little Mason asked when he entered the house along Jongin

"Almost ready" she replied before pecking his son on the cheek "Go wash your hands"

"Neh" the little boy said with a smile

"I'll go with you" Jongin said and the two guys walked to the bathroom.

Naeun was about to serve the food on the plates, when the doorbell suddenly rang. She frowned since she wasn't expecting anyone, but she then just shrugged and walked to open the door.

"Hello Naeun" the voice said and when Naeun saw the person, her eyes widened in shock. Her vision started to get blurry and she started feeling dizzy before everything when dark for her.

"Naeun who is..." Jongin didn't finish his sentence because he rushed out to catch Naeun when he saw she passed out. He looked up and his eyes widened when he saw the person in front of him.

"Luhan..." he said with trembling voice

****

Luhan stood there, watching the unconscious Naeun with a broken heart. He didn't mean for that to happen to her. He touched her forehead and sighed. How he missed her. In that moment, Jongin came back from upstairs. He had taken Mason to his room, so that he wouldn't see his mom in that state.

Luhan just glared at him but didn't say anything. He guessed he was the new guy in Naeun's life. He felt sad and angry at the same time. They suddenly heard a groan and they both turned startled to see Naeun slowly waking up.

"Are you alright?" the two guys asked worried. Naeun looked at Luhan in disbelief. 

"I thought you were dead" she said, trying to hold back the tears that were about to roll down her eyes

"Well, I'm not" he said coldly 

"If you were alive all this time... why didn't you came back earlier?" she asked sounding hurt and this time, she couldn't help the tears. Luhan looked at her for a second, but then avoided her gaze. He couldn't bare to see her like that. He couldn't feel weak towards her. 

"I came back that day Naeun!" he said sounding mad and sad at the same time and her eyes widened in shock "I wanted to run to your arms but then I saw you with him and with a baby! And then I realized you had already moved"

He said upset. Tears were threatening to fall from his eyes, but he held them back. Naeun and Jongin stared at him and shock. Naeun couldn't believe what she was hearing. She couldn't believe he had left like that without even trying to find the truth. She couldn't believe Luhan believed she wouldn't wait for him and get together with another guy. 

"I think you two need to talk privately" Jongin said before leaving the two of them. Luhan and Naeun stared at each other but didn't say anything. He had been longing to see her for so long and now that he had her in front of her, he couldn't do anything because she belonged to another man. She even had a family now.

"I'm dying to hug you" he suddenly said "But I don't have the right to... you have another man and you even have a baby with him"

Tears rolled down Naeun's eyes as she listened to him say that. She couldn't help it anymore, so she threw herself into his arms. Luhan's eyes opened widely for an instance, but then he hugged her back. He had missed her so much and even if he could only hold her for a few seconds and for one last time, it was worth it.

"You ar so stupid Luhan!" she yelled at him and he looked at her confused

"Why am I stupid?" he asked, feeling a little bit offended

"I don't have another man, aside my son!" she yelled and he looked at her confused "Jongin is only my best friend, nothing else!"

His eyes widened suddenly. He couldn't believe what he was hearing. So that guy wasn't Naeun's husband? Something inside his heart warmed up suddenly when he heard that, but there was still something he couldn't understand... the baby...

"Then who's the father of the kid?" he asked suddenly with curiosity and still and slight sadness in her voice. Naeun was about to say something when they heard footsteps coming from upstairs.

"Uncle Jongin, who is the guy talking to mommy?" they heard the voice of little Mason. Luhan looked up and his heart skipped a beat. He didn't know how to explain it, but he felt something inside his heart when he saw that child. Something that made him smile.

"That guy over here is your daddy" Naeun said and Luhan's eyes widened in shock once again. He looked at the kid and then at Naeun, who was smiling.

"Really? You are my daddy?" before Luhan could say anything, the little kid ran towards him and threw himself in his arms. Luhan stared at Naeun, still shocked but he felt happy. Happier than he had ever felt in his whole life. Luhan hugged the kid even tighter and some tears were threatening to fall from his eyes.

"Why didn't you tell me?" he asked her and she looked down

"I couldn't tell you by the letters Luhan, I needed you to be here" she said, sounding a little sad. In that moment, Luhan felt truly stupid. He couldn't believe he had left just like that without asking for an explanation. He couldn't believe he had thought Naeun would have cheated on him. 

When he let go of his son's hug, he walked towards Naeun and looked at her with sad eyes.

"I'm really sorry" he said and wiped the tears that ran down his eyes. "I'm sorry for being such a fool and I'm sorry for not being there to see our son grow up..."

Naeun started tearing up, but she inmediately wiped them since she didn't want their son to see her crying. 

"Naeun if you let me... I'm willing to make it up for the lost time. I'm willing to make it up to you and to little Mason..." he said. Naeun looked at him sternly but then her gaze softened. She then suddenly hugged him again tightly. He was shocked at first, but then smiled sincerely.

"Don't leave me again" she said as she laid her head on his chest 

"I won't" he said softly, before leaning forward to plant a soft kiss on Naeun's lips.

Then someone suddenly coughed and they pulled away.

"We are still here you know?" Jongin said and they laughed. Luhan then turned to Jongin and patted his shoulder.

"Thank you for everything you did for my family" he said and Jongin smiled

"You don't have to thank me, Naeun and Mason are like my family too. She is like my sister and Mason is like my nephew" he said and they smiled. 

In that moment, Mason came running towards his parents and hugged them both tightly. He was really happy and excited to finally have his dad with him. Now his family was complete.

"Now that you are back, we are finally together" the kid said excited and both Luhan and Naeun smiled

"Yes and we'll be together forever" he said, before kissing Naeun again. The only girl he would ever love. And he knew that he was also, the only man she would ever love.