{surong} Midnight Call

ExoPink Oneshot Collection

Title: Midnight Call

Characters: Kim Joonmyun (Suho) and Park Chorong

Pairing(s): Joonmyun/Chorong (main)

Genre: Fluff


It's 11:59 am and Joonmyun is unable to sleep. He is staring at ceiling, while his mind keeps wandering around a certain brown haired girl with bangs. He inmediately smiles at the thought of her. Joonmyun rolls to his side and grabs his phone, before dialing a number he knows by heart.

It rings a couple of times, before someone finally answers.

"Hello?" the person on the other line answerss groggily. Her sweet voice had turned a little bit husky. He guessed he might have just woken her up.

"Hi" he says sweetly and smiles, even though he knows she can't see him

"Joonmyun?" she asks, still half asleep. Joonmyun chuckles and she inmediately knows it's him. Chorong yawns and her eyes travel around her room to find a clock. Despite the darkness, she is able to see that is midnight. "Why are you calling me at this hour?"

"I just couldn't sleep" he says and chuckles again, before smiling "And I just wanted to hear your voice"

Chorong giggles a little, feeling touched. She had never imagined her boyfriend would be so cheesy. She is still tired and sleepy, but she doesn't seem mad.

"That's sweet... I guess" she says yawning "And a little bit stalkerish if I may add"

Joonmyun chuckles once again and Chorong smiles, before yawning once again. Joonmyun realizes she might be really tired.

"Sorry I woke you up" he tells her suddenly

"It's okay" she says and indeed, she doesn't mind. Of course she would have wanted to continue sleeping, but she just can't be mad at him, 

"I should let you sleep now, you must be really tired" he says

"Yeah, you too" she mumbles

"Ok" he says

"Ok" she replies and they are engulfed by the silence. A couple of minutes pass and no one says another word, they just stay still and listen to each other breaths waiting for the other one to hang up. 

"Joonmyun?" she finally says, breaking the silence

"Yeah?" Joonmyun asks, also feeling a little bit sleepy now.

"You should hang up now if you don't want me look like a panda tomorrow" she says and he chuckles again. Despite the fact that they can't see each other, they both smile in sync.

"Good night, Rong" he says sweetly

"Good night, Joonmyun" she mumbles with a smile

Joonmyun smiles again, before he hangs up and ends up their midnight call.