❅{eunyeol} The First Snow❅

ExoPink Oneshot Collection

Title: The First Snow

Characters: Park Chanyeol and Jung Eunji

Pairing(s): Chanyeol x Eunji (main)

Genre: Romance/ Slight Angst


December had already arrived and Christmas was around the corner. The streets were already decorated with colorful lights and beautiful decorations and the weather was turning colder and colder by day. That afternoon, it was so cold he could already feel himself shivering as he walked down the streets of Seoul. He put his hands inside of the pockets of his huge coat and continued his way. 

As he was about to turn around the corner, he felt something really cold brush over his skin, which made him look up startled, just in time to see the first snowflakes fall from the sky for the first time that year. It was the first day of snow and Chanyeol smiled faintly as he admired the view. However, a sad smile appeared on his face as he recalled the events of the year before.

A heavy sigh escaped his lips as he ran his hand through his hair in frustration. He still remembered that first day of snow a year ago where he screwed up... that first snow a year ago where he broke the heart of the girl he loved the most. 

He sighed once again as he thought of her.

"Eunji ah" he mumbled as he closed his eyes tightly. How he wished he could turn back time. How he wished she could see her again. Would things be different? If they met each other again, she would tell him 'merry merry christmas' with her beautiful smile on her face and she would ask him how he had been. He would tell him he had been fine but that he missed her more than anything.

He snorted at his own thoughts, but then a sad smile appeared on his face as he thought how delusional he was being. If there was even a chance he could see her again, she probably wouldn't want to talk to him. Not after what happened between them.

Chanyeol sighed again and continued walking. He knew it was stupid to keep on thinking about the past, but he couldn't help it. He couldn't help thinking about that because he still had regrets. He regretted letting her go. He regretted not showing her how much he loved her and not being good enough for her.

He soon arrived to the park and let out another sigh as he watched everyone around playing happily with the snow. Everyone around seemed so happy, except for him. 

Chanyeol kept on walking around the park as he fell the snow falling over him. He was distracted with his thoughts, until his eyes caught sight of someone who made his freeze in his spot. His heart started beating fastly and his mind couldn't process what was happening. He suddenly felt as if he was out of breath and when she suddenly looked his way, his heart skipped a beat. He saw how her eyes widened slightly when she noticed his presence and her lips curved into a faint smile.

Jung Eunji, the girl he still loved and would always love, was there, standing in front of him and yet, he couldn't move an inch. She was walking towards him and still, he couldn't move from his spot, almost as if his feet were rooted to the ground. He had a lot of things to say, but somehow, words wouldn't come out.

"Hi Chanyeol" she said in a soft and distant voice, different from the warm a cheerful voice she used to use a year before. It surprised him that she was even talking to him, but he didn't know what to do. His heart was beating faster as he still couldn't believe she was right there in front of him. He could clearly see the sadness in her eyes and it broke his heart to see it. "How have you been doing?" 

He wanted to say something, anything, but words got stuck in his mouth. Somehow, his heart was aching too much to let him process what was happening. Suddenly, tears started forming in his eyes and he couldn't help them. Eunji only stood there and watched, slightly surprised. 

Eunji gasped in shock when Chanyeol suddenly wrapped his arms around her and hugged her tightly with tears rolling down his eyes. She stood there dumbfounded. She didn't know how to react because her heart was aching as well. A year ago, that guy had broken her heart and yet, she couldn't help the heartbeats and the butterflies she felt by having him so close to her again. 

"I'm sorry Eunji ah" he said still in tears. Eunji still didn't know how to react. Tears slowly fell down her eyes as well as she felt so confused and hurt. It still hurt, but she could feel his pain as well. "I never meant to hurt you"

"But you did, Chanyeol" she said almost in a whisper. Chanyeol didn't let go her and Eunji didn't do anything to push him away, so he hugged her even tighter. 

"I'm sorry" he said again "I was afraid... afraid of not being good enough for you, that's why I broke up with you just like that... I'm sorry" 

Eunji only sighed as she wiped the tears that were rolling down her eyes uncontrollably.

"I only needed you to be by my side, you weren't the one to judge whether you were good for me or not!" she said angrily and she pushed him away finally. She turned away from him and let the tears out. Chanyeol simply stood there and didn't know what to say. He had screwed up and he knew that very well. He didn't expect anything, he simply wanted her to know he was sorry and how he truly felt about her, no matter what her reaction would be.

"I never stopped loving you" he suddenly said, making Eunji's heart suddenly skip a beat. "I just wanted you to know that"

Seeing no reaction from her, Chanyeol simply sighed and turned around about to leave. Her heart still beated for him,. she still loved him, but she didn't want to admit it. She didn't want to get hurt once again. However, her heart was screaming to not let go of him. And her heart didn't want to listen to any reasons.

"Wait, Park Chanyeol!" she suddenly yelled, making him turn around startled. She was still a bit hesitant, but she was following her heart. She turned around as well and now there were face to face once again. "I never stopped loving you either"

A bright smile suddenly appeared on his handsome face as he ran towards her and pulled her into a bone breaking hug. This time, Eunji hugged him back and rested her head on his chest. He had been longing to hear those words from her and now that he had, he didn't want to let go of her. Eunji was still afraind, but her heart was telling her to give him a chance.

"I don't want to get hurt again" she finally admitted in low voice. Chanyeol pulled away and cupped her face with his hands. He knew he had screwed up before, but he wasn't going to let that happen again.

"If you give me a second chance, I swear I won't hurt you again" he said sincerely and Eunji smiled, feeling a lot better.

He then leaned closer and kissed her gently as they both closed their eyes. It was if time had suddenly stopped as they felt the snowflakes slowly falling over their faces in that magical moment. Their hearts beated in sync and they could felt how much they had been longing for each other.

"I love you and I don't want to let go of you again" he said when they finally pulled away

"I love you too" she said and he hugged her tightly again.

Not even in his most delusional dream would he have thought he'll finally be able to be with his beloved Eunji again. Now that she had given him a second chance, he wasn't going to screw up again.

Chanyeol couldn't help but think that first snows would definitely held a special meaning for them always. Because on a first day of snow they broke up... but also, in a first day of snow, they showed that they never stopped loving each other.