{hanji} What Happened To Us?

ExoPink Oneshot Collection

Title: What Happened To Us?

Characters: Jung Eunji and Lu Han

Pairing(s): Luhan x Eunji (main)

Genre: Romance/ Angst


"Let's break up" he said with a cold voice. Her eyes widened in shock as she looked at him confused.

"W-What? Why are you breaking up with me?" she asked. Tears were forming in her eyes and she didn't understand why he was suddenly acting like that. He simply looked away and stood there with his hands on his pockets. "Do you not love me anymore?"

She asked as she looked at him with pleading eyes. He looked at her and simply sighed and he closed his eyes tightly.

"I just can't do this anymore" he said sternly and she looked down, trying to hold back her tears. She loved him deeply and he was ending their perfect 2 year relationship without giving her a single explanation.  She was mad, but hurt and she didn't know how to react.

"Goodbye Eunji" he said as he turned around and started walking away. Tears finally fell from her eyes as she silently cried, watching Luhan leave.

 

Eunji wiped the tears that were falling down her cheeks, trying to stop crying. However, it was still too painful for her. She still couldn't understand why Luhan had broken up with her and she still couldn't get over him. Even if she had tried, she still couldn't move on. Luhan had been too important to her.

"Maybe we just weren't right" she sadly said

A deep sigh escaped her lips as she continued walking around the park, that autumn afternoon. The yellow leaves were falling from the trees as she walked slowly, with her mind still lost in her memories. She continued walking, looking down to her feet and not paying attention to her surroundings.

"Eunji ah" she looked up startled when she heard a familiar voice. Her heart skipped a beat and she felt as  if her heart was going to come out at any second the moment he saw that familiar face in front of her. For an instant, she thought she was dreaming. Maybe her delusional mind was playing a prank to her. But the more he looked at him, the more she realized he was real and he was indeed standing there in front of her.

"W-What are you doing here, Luhan?" she never meant to stutter as she spoke, but she couldn't help it. She was too shocked and overwhelmed to act normally. She didn't want him to see her being weak. She didn't want him to see that his presence still affected her. 

"I was just walking around the park when I spotted you" he said with a smile. He still looked at handsome as ever and Eunji felt she could melt at any second. She knew she shouldn't feel that way. She knew she should be mad at him, but she couldn't."How have you been, Eunji ah?"

His voice was still as sweet as she remembered it and the way he said her name never failed to make her feel special. Luhan still had that effect on her and even if she didn't want to admit it, she still loved him. 

"Fine" she replied coldly as she looked down. She didn't dare to look at him in the eyes. "Is not of your business anyway"

"You haven't changed a bit Jung Eunji" he said with a smile as he sighed. "Still the same stubborn and strong girl I fell in love with"

She felt as if her heart had suddenly stopped when those words escaped his mouth. Her eyes widened slightly and her heart starting beating like crazy. She wanted to be strong, she really did. She wanted to act as if she didn't care, but she couldn't. 

"Just leave me alone" she said hurt. Seeing him again and hearing him say those things were really unfair to her. She wanted to move on, but he wasn't letting her do it. He was playing with her feelings by just standing there and smiling to her as if nothing was wrong between them. As if he had never broken her heart like he did.

She was about to walk away, when Luhan suddenly grabbed her wrist. She glared at him, piercing him with her cold eyes. He was making things a lot harder for her and she couldn't take it anymore.

Luhan looked at her deeply in the eyes and her knees suddenly felt weak. And just went she thought she couldn't cry anymore, tears formed in her eyes once again. She looked down and tried hard not to cry, but she failed. Tears rolled down her cheeks to the ground as she heard a sad sigh escaping from his mouth.

He lifted her chin with his index finger, forcing her to look at him in the eyes. Her vision was blurry due to the tears, but still, she could clearly see the sadness in his eyes. And when she least expected it, he wrapped his arms around her and pulled her into a tight embrace.

"I'm sorry that I hurt you, Eunji" he said, but that didn't make things better. He tightened the embrace as she continued sobbing in his chest. She let out all the tears she had been keeping inside ever since he left her. 

"We used to be so happy, Luhan" she said as she cried and he sighed "What happened to us?"

Luhan just stood there and didn't reply. Words wouldn't be able to explain things. Nothing he said would be able to justify what he did to her and nothing could make things better. Because no matter what he said, it wouldn't make it hurt less.

"Right" she replied to herself as she pushed him away and glared at him sternly "You just felt out of love"

She looked at him and her eyes showed sorrow and anger. He simply looked down to the ground and didn't have the courage to say anything else. Luhan then looked at her and still didn't know what to say. Eunji simply turned around and started walking away, wiping the tears that were still falling from her already swollen eyes. The pain was too much for her to handle and she didn't want Luhan to see her weakness. 

Luhan just stood there and watched her leave as sighed defeated. For a moment, he wanted to run after her and backhug her tightly. He wanted tell her and yell to the world that he never fell out of love with her. He wanted to tell her that he still loved her so much, it hurt. But, he couldn't and he didn't. 

He simply stood there and watched her walk away from his life as he held back the tears.

I'm sorry Eunji, but I'm not the guy for you... because you deserve someone better. You deserve someone who can protect you always... not someone who only have a few months left...