{myunji} You Had Me At Hello

ExoPink Oneshot Collection

Title: You Had Me At Hello

Characters: Kim Joonmyun (Suho), Jung Eunji, Kim Jongin, Yoon Bomi and others

Pairing(s): Joonmyun x Eunji (main)

Genre: Romance/ Fluff


The first time he saw her was backstage on a music program. They were both promoting at that time and accidentally ran into each other, as she was looking for her members and he was looking for his. A simple 'hello' and 'sorry', followed by a bright smile were enough to make Joonmyun's heart flutter in an instant.

The second time he saw her was during Taemin and Naeun's We Got Married. Taemin wanted to make a surprise event for his virtual wife and requested EXO's help. Joonmyun was excited about the idea. He was secretly a very romantic person. s preferred to say cheese ball, but he always thought of himself as someone romantic. He was excited, even though he had no idea the rest of the Apink members were going to be there as well. 

Surprise was shown in his face when he found out Jung Eunji was there and he had a goofy smile on his face during the whole event. He didn't know why he felt so excited about it, he just knew he was.

The third time he saw her, it was the first time he actually had a conversation with her. He was casted to be part of the dubbing team of the movie Saving Santa and needless to say, he was completely excited about it. He didn't expect Jung Eunji to be casted for it as well.

It may sound cheesy, but somehow, Joonmyun believed it was fate. And it was when he saw her for the third time with that smile that could make his heart beat like crazy, that he had enough courage to start a conversation with her. And they talked during the whole rehearsal.That afternoon Joonmyun found out Jung Eunji was not only beautiful on the outside, but also on the inside.

After that they saw each other countless times more. They were working together after all. Eunji was easy-going and talkative and she didn't seem to mind that he was slightly awkward around her. She found it amusing and even adorable, she said it herself. Joonmyun would blush everytime she called him that.

They soon became very good friends and it was then that he started hoping they were something more.

They met another time during We Got Married once again. Joonmyun was no longer awkward around her and everyone could see how comfortable and playful they were with each other. When the cameras were off, Jongin said something that left him thinking.

"You two are like annoying parents" the younger guy said chuckling. Joonmyun blushed and he didn't know why. Eunji simply smacked Jongin's arm playfully, without a single sign of embarrassement. It left Joonmyun wondering if she felt the way, but maybe she only saw him a friend or just co-worker. He didn't know and he didn't have the courage to ask.

Months passed after that and they didn't see each other after they finished filming. However, the girl with brown locks and a beautiful smile remained in Joonmyun's mind. Somehow, he wished had had the courage to tell her he liked her, but he was happy that at least, he had the chance to know her better.

Whether it was fate or a mere coincidence, he didn't know, they met each other once again. It was backstage, like the first time they saw each other. He smiled and she smiled back. 

"Hi" she said 

"Hi" he said back. Then they remained silent for a while, before Yoon Bomi, Eunji's fellow member, laughed at their awkwardness.

"Oh come on, you guys know each for so long and still cannot move past monosyllables?" she joked, earning a smack for Eunji. This time, Joonmyun did notice a blush on Eunji's cheeks and that made his heart skip a beat. Bomi then shook her head and left the two of them alone. Awkwardness filled them once again and they chuckled because of them.

"I guess I'll see you later" he then said softly and waved at her before turning around about to walk away.

"Wait!" she suddenly said, stopping him. He was a slighly startled but it, but turned around to face her. She was fidgeting and he thought that was the cutest thing he had ever seen. She seemed so nervous and he couldn't understand why.

"Is everything alright?" he asked and she simply nodded

"I was just wondering if you wanted to go grab some coffee with me some time" she said and his eyes widened in surprise as he blushed madly. He knew Jung Eunji was a girl full of surprises, but he never expected her to be the one to make the first move. 

"I'd love to" he said with a goofy smile on his face and Eunji smiled brightly

"Cool" she said nervously "I'll text you"

With that, Joonmyun smiled even more before he realized he was running late.

"You had me at hello, Jung Eunji" he whispered before walking away to find s, making her blush with her eyes slightly widened. She smiled once again as he she watched him walk away. Maybe he had her at hello as well.