{krisjoo/kyungjoo} I Knew You Were Trouble

ExoPink Oneshot Collection

Title: I Knew You Were Trouble

Characters: Kim Namjoo, Wu Yifan (Kris) and Do Kyungsoo

Pairing(s): Kris x Namjoo (main), Kyungsoo x Namjoo (side)

Genre: Friendship/Romance/Angst


The music blasted inside the house while everyone around enjoyed themselves. Some people were dancing happily, others were just drinking or smoking, while chatting. Everyone seemed to be having the time of their lifes, except for one person.

Namjoo let out a huge sigh as she walked out of the house with a disgusted face. There was smoke everywhere inside the house and that combined with the smell of the alcohol, was disgusting for her. She really needed some fresh air. Plus, the noise was already making her crazy. She couldn't even listen to her own thoughts.

When she was already outside in the garden, she took a deep breath and was grateful that she could breath fresh air. She saw that there were a few people playing in the pool, but she didn't mind them. At least, they weren't being as noisy as people  inside the house.

"Found you" someone suddenly said and she turned around to see who it was. The guy sat next to her and smiled to her.

"Hi Kyungsoo" she said smiling back to her best friend. 

"What are you doing here on your own?" Kyungsoo asked as he took a sip of his punch

"You know I don't like this kind of things" she said with an annoyed face "You know Jongin only invited me because he is your friend and I'm your friend"

"Well it's transitive, you know? If I'm his friend and you are my friend, that means you are his friend..." Kyungsoo said joking and she could only roll her eyes. Of course, Kyungsoo would say something like that. She had only accepted to go to Kim Jongin's party because the guy had been kind enough to invite her and she knew it had been only because she was Kyungsoo's friend.

She sighed bored once again as her eyes travelled around the garden. Jongin had a really beautiful house, indeed. Her eyes suddenly stopped by what seemed to be the back door. The door suddenly opened and her eyes caught sight of an incredibly tall and handsome blonde guy that had just entered the house.

"Who is him?" she suddenly mumbled, still mesmerized by the guy's handsome features. Kyungsoo looked at the same direction as hers and frowned when he noticed she was staring at him.

"That's Kris Wu" Kyungsoo simply replied "I heard from Jongin that he is his chinese cousin"

"So his name is Kris..." she said with her attention still focused on him. 

"Yah! don't tell me you like him?!" Kyungsoo asked, shocked to see that she was still staring at the guy

"How could I?" she just said "He seems like a bad guy"

"You'd better not get close to him" Kyungsoo said worried "I don't want anyone to hurt you"

"I won't" she mumbled, but she was uncertain of her own words.

Kyungsoo a felt a little bit relieved to hear her say that, but failed to notice that Namjoo's eyes were still on the chinese guy. When he walked by the pool, he caught Namjoo still staring at him and he just offered her a smile. Namjoo's heart skipped a beat and she blushed slightly, before looking away.

****

Hours passed and Namjoo was still bored. She was now inside the house because Kyungsoo said he wanted to dance, but she refused so they ended up just sitting inside. Now she was sitting alone in the couch because Kyungsoo went to get some drinks and while he was gone, her eyes caught sight of the handsome chinese boy once again.

He was chatting with Jongin and some girls, when he suddenly turned his face to her direction. Namjoo blushed slightly and looked away inmediately when Kris realized she had been staring at her. She felt really embarrassed in that moment, so she just looked down.

A few minutes later, she felt a tap on her shoulder and looked up. Her eyes widened in shock when she saw him standing there, in front of her with a smile on his handsome face.

"Hi" he said with his deep voice, making her feel even more nervous

"H-hi" she said stuttering a little bit

"My name is Kris" he said as he sat next to her. Namjoo gulped due to the nervousness and he chuckled slightly "You are cute"

She blushed at the compliment and looked down once again.

"T-Thanks" she said "My name is Namjoo by the way"

"Well, nice to meet you Namjoo sshi" he said, smiling to her once again

Kyungsoo, who had finally gotten the drinks, almost choked when he saw Kris and Namjoo talking comfortably in the couch. He saw  how Namjoo was blushing slighty, oblivious to the fact that they guy was leaning closer to her on purpose. Kyungsoo felt his veins boil as he gripped the plastic cup tightly, almost spilling everything that was inside.

He was about to drop everything and go there to drag Namjoo away from that guy when he felt a hand on his shoulder. He looked over his shoulder annoyed and saw his friends Baekhyun and Joonmyun standing there.

"You can't just go there and interrupt them" Joonmyun said calmly

"Why not?!" he asked annoyed "That guy is trouble and I don't want him to hurt Namjoo!"

"Are sure it is not because you are jealous?" Baekhyun asked and Kyungsoo frowned

"What?!" he asked as if he had said something that totally didn't made sense "Of course... not"

Kyungsoo was surprised at how much he hesitated before answering that question. Namjoo had been his best friend for as long as he had memory, so he couldnt' be in love with her... could he?

****

Despite Kyungsoo's disapproval, Namjoo started seeing Kris more frequently. They exchnaged numbers after Jongin's party the other day and they had been calling each other more than often. Namjoo was extremely happy, but Kyungsoo was more than angry. No matter how much he tried to persuade Namjoo to stop seeing Kris, she wouldn't listen. Baekhyun and Joonmyun kept on insisting that the reason for his anger was that he was jealous, but he kept on denying it.

"Namjoo, you should stop seeing Kris before he hurts you" Kyungsoo said for the nth time. Namjoo rolled her eyes 

"How many times have I told you, Kyungsoo? I'm not going to get hurt... Kris is not as bad as you think" Namjoo said, feeling a little bit annoyed by the fact that she had to keep repeating him that.

"You don't know him!" he insited

"Well, you don't know him either" she said and he rolled his eyes "And I'm old enough to take care of myself"

After saying that, Namjoo left and Kyungsoo just watched her leave. He sighed as she left. He couldn't believe Namjoo was being so stubborn just because of a guy. A guy that could ruin their relationship if it continued like that.

***

As Namjoo and Kris started hanging out more, she and Kyungsoo started drifting apart. She didn't spend much time with him now, because they would end up arguing about the same thing like they always did when they talked. They never wanted that to happen, but they couldn't help it. Everytime their eyes met, either one of them would inmediately look away.

Namjoo and Kris had been officially dating for about 3 weeks now and Kyungsoo could only watch them with a fake smile in his face. His heart sank everytime he watched them holding hands or being lovey dovey with each other. He didn't understand the feeling. He didn't understand why it pained him so much to see her with another guy... until he remembered what Baekhyun and Joonmyun told him. Maybe, it was time to admit he was jealous because he was indeed, jealous. Because he was in love with Namjoo... but he was slowly losing her.

He sighed as he walked back home. He was feeling a little bit hungry, because he hadn't eaten lunch that day, so he decided to drop by the bakery before going home. On his way there, he heard a familiar voice nearby so he decided to hide behind a wall. He peeked to see what was happening and his eyes widened suddenly.

Kris was there hugging some blonde girl as if there was nothing wrong with it and Namjoo was standing there shocked to see them. Her eyes were red and swollen, so he guessed she had been there long enough.

"I can't believe you did this to me Kris!" she yelled with tears in her eyes. Kyungsoo felt his heart break as soon as he heard her broken voice.

"I'm sorry Namjoo, I didn't mean to" he said "But I fell in love with her"

"I can't believe I was so stupid!" she said wiping her tears with anger "I knew you were trouble, but I didn't listen to myself! I didn't listen to Kyungsoo... he was so right about you"

Namjoo wiped her tears once again and was about to run away, but was stopped when she suddenly bumped into someone. When she was about to look up to see who it was, she felt his arms wrapping around her and hugging her tightly. The person she bumped into was indeed, Kyungsoo. Her eyes widened as she didn't expect to be there, but she hugged him tightly.

Kyungsoo let go of Namjoo for a second and looked at Kris with an stern look. Without warning, he threw a punch at his face, startling everyone. Kris was shocked but didn't say anything.

"I think I deserved that" he said wiping the blood from his lips

"Yes, you did" he said sternly "Just stay away from her!"

Kris didn't say anything else and he just left along the other girl. Namjoo was still shocked and felt really stupid for not listening to him. For letting another guy ruin their friendship. Kyungsoo turned to her and gave her a sweet smile before pulling her into an another embrace.

Namjoo wanted to be strong, but she couldn't so she just let the tears run down her eyes. Kyungsoo hugged her even tighter. He didn't care about anything that happened between them, he would always care for her.

"Say it" Namjoo said 

"Say what?" he asked

"I told you so" she said and he chuckled. Yeah, he really could say that to her, but he wasn't going to do it because it would only make her feel more guilty.

"I'm not going to say that" he said and she smiled

"Kyungsoo... thank you" she said looking at him and he smiled "Thank for always being there for me even when I was a complete idiot"

"Anything for you Namjoo" he said with a smile. She didn't know that behind that smile, he hid all his feelings for her. She didn't know that everything he did for her was because he loved her. Maybe, someday she'll know... maybe he would gain the courage to tell her... but right now, all that mattered to him was that he finally had his best friend back.