{krismi/hanmi} Memories Of You

ExoPink Oneshot Collection

Title: Memories Of You

Characters: Wu Yifan (Kris), Yoon Bomi, Luhan, Park Chorong and Kim Joonmyun (Suho)

Pairing(s): Kris x Bomi (main), Luhan x Bomi (main), Suho x Chorong (side)

Genre: Angst/ Romance


The white light was blinding to his eyes and the only sound he could hear was the beep of the machine that kept her alive. He held her hand tightly and squeezed it, before holding it close to his face. He looked at her lifeless, and yet beautiful, face before sighing and holding back his tears.

"Please, wake up Bomi ah" the blonde guy said with a shaky voice. He could no longer pretend to be strong, so he just let the tears fall down his cheeks. Seeing the person he loved the most in that state, broke his heart. 

 Bomi and Kris were engaged and had been planning their wedding for a long time. She wanted everything to be perfect and he would do anything she wanted, because he loved her very much. Their relationship wasn't perfect, but they knew they loved each other.

Kris sighed once again, before wiping his tears. Bomi was in that state because of him. If only they hadn't had that stupid fight. If only he hadn't let his temper win over him. If only he hadn't yelled at her like that, she wouldn't have stormed out of the restaurant angrily and the truck wouldn't have hit her. 

He hated himself for that. Bomi was lying in that hospital bed lifeless and it was all because of him.

****

Chorong, Bomi's best friend, was sitting on the waiting area with her eyes red and swollen, as she waited for some news of her friend. Her head was lying on her boyfriend's shoulder, as they quietlty waited.

"Joonmyun ah" she suddenly broke the silence. Her voice sounded sad and hopeless "Do you think Bomi will be all right?"

"She is a strong girl, I'm sure she will be fine" Joonmyun said in a comforting tone and squeezed her hand tightly to make her feel better. 

In that moment, they saw someone rushing towards them and they looked up startled. The guy panted heavily as he stood in front of them and looked at the couple with a worried face. He looked tired and lifeless, because he ran all the way to the hospital as if his life depended on that the moment he heard about the accident.

"Where's Bomi?" he asked desperately

"She has already been transfered to a room" Joonmyun replied, since Chorong didn't have the energy to do so "Wu Fan said he wanted some time alone with her, so he is with her now"

The guy's expression suddenly darkened upon hearing his name. He clenched his fists with anger.

"What is he doing here?!" he said angrily

"He is her fiancé Luhan" Chorong said 

"Did you two forget he is the reason why she is like that?!" he asked really angry. Luhan had never had anything against Kris, but everything changed when he found out he was the reason why she was like that. Words couldn't explain how mad he was at him. Because he was the reason the girl he loved, was lying unconscious on a hospital bed.

Yes, Luhan was too, madly in love Bomi. He had always been Bomi's male best friend and he had always had an unrequited love for her. He knew very well Bomi only saw him as a best friend because she loved Kris, but that didn't change the way he felt about her. It broke his heart when he heard about her engagement, but he would be happy if she was happy.

"It was not Wu Fan's fault, it was an accident" Joonmyun mumbled softly, but that didn't change Luhan's mind. To him, he was still guilty. 

Luhan didn't say another word and just walked towards Bomi's room. He knocked carefully and before hearing an answer, he walked in. 

Kris turned around and wasn't surprised to see Luhan there. He knew how close Bomi and Luhan were, so it didn't suprise him. Their eyes met, but neither of them said anything. Kris didn't move from his position either when Luhan walked towards Bomi.

"Bomi..." he softly said as he held her free hand "You need to wake up"

As he stared at her, he could feel tears forming in his eyes. He couldn't bare to her like this. His loud and energetic best friend was now lying lifeless and unconscious. He missed Bomi hitting him or yelling at him. He missed her stealing his food or calling him stupid nicknames. He missed his Bomi.

The two guys didn't leave the room for a single second. Joonmyun and Chorong joined them later and now the four of them were there, waiting for any improvement. They had been there all night and the four of them were completely exhausted. 

Kris was still holding her hand and was starting to feel sleepy, since he was really tired, when he suddenly felt something move in his hand. His eyes opened abruptly when he felt that. He looked at her other hand and saw it slowly moving. His heart started beating faster.

By now, Luhan, Joonmyun and Chorong had already noticed her improvement and were now, crying of happiness. Joonmyun and Chorong hugged each other and Luhan held Bomi's free hand tightly again. 

Her eyes slowly opened trying to slowly adjust to the light. Her vision was still blurry and she felt slightly dizzy and confused. When her eyes were completely open, she turned her gaze to the blonde guy in front of her and looked at him quiet confused.

"Who are you?" she mumbled and his eyes widened in shock. The other three looked shocked and worried as well.

"W-What are you talking about Bomi?" he asked worried "I'm Kris, your fiancé"

Bomi suddenly frowned and shook her head, looking at him as if he was out of his mind. Kris felt his heart slowly breaking. Why couldn't she remember him?

"No, you cannot be my fiancé" she replied, shaking her head once again "I don't even know you"

Kris eyes widened when she heard that. She didn't remember him and that hurt way too much. He wanted to let the tears fall, but he couldn't be weak in that moment. He needed to be strong.

"Do you, by any chance, remember me?" Chorong carefully asked, afraid to know the answer. Kris expected her to frown, but instead, a bright smile appeared on her face.

"Of course" she said, much to their suprise "How could I forget my best friend?"

Chorong felt really happy upon hearing that and felt like hugging her tightly, but she couldn't do it in the situationt they were in. Kris was shocked. Why did she remember Chorong and not him?

"And do you know who am I?" Joonmyun suddenly asked 

"You are Chorong's stupid boyfriend" she replied and Joonmyun couldn't help but chuckle. He didn't mind being called stupid in that situation. He was glad Bomi was ok. However, he was somehow worried by the fact that she didn't seem to remember Kris.

Kris looked at her, with a hurt expression. Why did he seem to be the only one she didn't remember? 

She then turned to her side and when her eyes landed on Luhan, who had been quiet the entire time, she smiled brightly. She suddenly let go of Kris' hand, shocking him.

"Luhan..." she said smiling and both him and Kris were shocked 

"Bomi ah... do you really not know who am I?" he asked really hurt, on the verge of crying. She looked at him with sorry eyes and shook her head.

"I'm sorry I don't" she said carefully. She didn't know why it hurt so much to see him like that, but it did. However, no matter how hard she tried, she couldn't recall seeing that man before. He wasn't part of her memories. "I can not possibly be engaged to you... since my boyfriend is Luhan... right?"

"What?" everyone said shocked. Bomi looked surprised to see their shocked expressions. She didn't understand why they had reacted like that.

Kris couldn't handle it anymore and he stormed out of the room inmediately. Luhan, excused himself and followed him out. Bomi looked at the two boys with a worried expression. Maybe she said something she shouldn't have.

"Did I say something wrong?" she asked Chorong worriedly and her best friend just shook her head. 

Outside, Kris went to look for a doctor, to aske her why was all that happening. Luhan followed him, he needed answers too. 

"Why am I the only one he forgot?" he asked angrily when he already found the doctor

"Brains are selective... so she probably cannot remember those memories that caused her too much pain. You probably were part of those painful memories so that's why she can't remember you"

Kris remained silent after hearing that. It was his fault. Everything would be alright if it hadn't happened that way. If only they hadn't had that terrible fight. 

"And why does she think I'm her boyfriend?" Luhan asked, quiet worried "We never had that kind of relationship"

"She isn't sure if you are but since you seem to be the closest guy to her, he mistook your relationship and now she think you are her boyfriend" the doctor explained and he just listened, shocked "Brains act in unexecpted ways, so we don't know how what will happen"

"How long is her memory loss going to last?" Kris asked hurt. He didn't know what to do in that moment. He could only wait, but... how long was she going to wait?

"It can be hours... probably months... or it could be forever" Luhan's and Kris' eyes widened when they heard that. Kris couldn't bare the idea of being totally erasen from Bomi's mind forever. It hurt too much. He couldn't imagine what his life would be, without Bomi in his life.

After the small conversation, the doctor went to check on Bomi and the two guys remained outside. They needed to talk. It was really important. Kris was silent for a while, before looking at Luhan in a really serious way.

"Luhan..." Kris said, finally breaking the silence. "You have to pretend to be Bomi's boyfriend"

"WHAT?" Luhan asked shocked. He did not expect Kris to say that. The blonde guy looked down hurt and he could notice the tears that were forming in his eyes. "I cannot do that Kris. Why are you asking me that?"

Luhan loved Bomi very much, it was true, but he couldn't do that. It wasn't fair and it was right either. As much as he hated Kris at the moment for everything that happened, it wasn't fair for him to do that. He was her fiancé and he couldn't break that by pretending to be Bomi's boyfriend. 

"You have to do it" Kris said sadly "Bomi is happy believing you are her boyfriend... If you suddenly tell her you aren't, she is going to get confused and feel frustated because she doesn't know who I am and how I am connected to her life... and I don't want that..."

He made a pause and looked up to see Luhan. Luhan didn't know what to say. Kris was kind of right. Bomi didn't know who he was and trying to figure out why she had forgotten her own fiancé would be frustrating and painful and they didn't want her to go through that. However, making him pretend to be her boyfriend was going to far.

"It's for the sake of her happiness" Kris just said

"And you are giving up on her just like that?" Luhan asked, kind of shocked and somehow mad as well.

"DO YOU THINK THIS IS EASY FOR ME?!" he yelled angrily "I don't want this! But she doesn't remember me and she think you are her boyfriend!"

"And how long is this lie going to last?" Luhan asked, angry as well 

"Until she recovers her memories of me..." Kris said quietly. Luhan wanted to ask what would happen after she recovered her memories, but he decided not to. They were going to find out when she did.

****

Time passed by and Bomi had already been discharged from the hospital. Luhan had followed Kris' plan and was still prentending he was her boyfriend. At first, it was awkward for both Bomi and Luhan, since she didn't remember being in love with him. She remembered all those happy times they had spend together and how close they were, so that made her think he was her boyfriend, but she didn't remember being in love with him.

However, as time passed by and she continued spending more time with Luhan, she slowly started developing feelings for him. He was sweet and gentle and he gave her all his love, so she eventually began to fall in love with him.

Luhan felt sorry for Kris, but there was nothing he could do. Bomi still hadn't recovered her memories of Kris and she was happy like that.

Kris could only watch from afar how the girl he loved, slowly began to fall in love with another man and he couldn't do anything about it. Luhan had told him to stop that lie, but Kris didn't because it was already too late. She had already fallen for Luhan.

He adjusted his tie once again and he wiped the tear that was threatening to fall from his eye. He was standing there, next to Joonmyun and Chorong, as they both looked at him with sad eyes. He faintly smiled at them, to make them believe he wa alright, but he actually wasn't and they knew he wasn't. 

He put his attention to the front once again and stared the loving gaze Bomi was giving Luhan in that moment. She was dressed in a beautiful white dress in front of an altar, about to say yes to a man that wasn't him. He was supposed to be the one there. He was supposed to be the one to say yes, but he wasn't... because Bomi never recovered her memories of him.