{doyoung} Love Again

ExoPink Oneshot Collection

Title: Love Again

Characters: Do Kyungsoo, Oh Hayoung and Kim Jongin (Kai)

Pairing(s): Kyungsoo x Hayoung (main), Kai x Hayoung (side)

Genre: Romance/Slight Angst


It was a really cold afternoon and Hayoung rubbed her hands together as she walked to the place where she had agreed to meet him. The wind was blowing strongly and she felt herself shiver. 

As she continued walking down the street, her mind keep recalling old memories. Memories of him and it only made her heart hurt even more. Remembering how much he hurt her, despite of the love she had for him was painful. It still hurt to think about him. To think about Kim Jongin.

She snapped out of her thoughts when she finally arrived to the café where they agreed to meet. She looked at her wrist watch and noticed that she was fifteen minutes early. Maybe he wasn't there yet. She took deep breath, before entering. She looked around, searching for an empty table and was surprised to see that he was already there waiting for him. 

Hayoung walked towards him and when he saw her, he smiled brightly. She blushed slightly and she smiled back at him. Do Kyungsoo, the guy in front of her, never failed to make her smile and for a moment, forget everything that made her hurt.

"You are early" Kyungsoo said with the smile, not leaving his face a single second. He stood up and pulled the chair for her like a gentleman. Hayoung was surprised by this sudden action and felt really fluttered. She suddenly couldn't help but compare. Jongin never did that. He never once pulled a chair for her. They were so different from each other.

"Hayoung, are you ok?" he suddenly asked worried when he noticed she was zoning out. She smiled to him and nodded.

"I'm fine" she said and he smiled once again.

After they made they order, they sat there quietly and Kyungsoo kept on staring at with a wide grin on his face. 

"Why are you staring at me like that?" she asked, feeling slightly nervous.

"Nothing" he said and chuckled a little bit embarrassed "It's just that you are too pretty"

Hayoung's eyes widened slightly and she felt her heart beating faster as she blushed once again. She had never felt that way before, because Jongin never complimented her. Unlike Kyungsoo, who never wasted a moment to make her feel special. She looked down flustered and smiled. 

"Thanks" she said, still looking down. She suddenly felt a warm hand over hers and she looked up a little bit startled. She looked up and noticed that Kyungsoo had held her hand.

"I'm just telling you the truth" he said and she felt fluttered once again.

When their orders arrived, Kyungsoo suddenly removed his hands from hers and Hayoung suddenly felt as if she missed the warmness of his hand and the comfort she felt. It was so different from the way Jongin held her hands possessively.

As they sipped on their coffee, Kyungsoo began telling her stories about his life and she listened to him quiet amused. She was surprised by the way he laughed, like little kid, but it made her feel comfortable. In fact, she had never felt so comfortable with someone. Kyungsoo gave her a sense of security that no one ever had. 

From time to time, she would also tell him a little bit about her and he would listen to her without interrupting and still with a wide smile on his face and it made her feel that someone was actually listening to what she was saying and actually cared about what she thought.

"It's actually nice to be listened" Hayoung said and he smiled "He never..."

"Hayoung, you are special" he said, looking into her eyes seriously "If someone tells you that what you have to say is not important, do not listen to that person, understood?" 

Before Hayoung could continue talking, he interrupted her. He knew what she was going to say, because he knew everything about him. But before she could bring him up to the conversation and began to feel sad again, he cut her off. 

Hayoung looked at him surprised, but then just nodded and he smiled to her again. She was actually thankful to him. Because no guy had ever treated her the way Kyungsoo did, as if she was important.

For the first time in a long time, she felt happy again. She felt as if she wanted to share more of her stories with him and that she wanted to make her own stories with him. Because he made her feel special and she liked the way her heart fluttered everytime he smiled.

For the first time in a long time, the past was just left behind and she finally managed to forget about Jongin.

Hayoung looked at Kyungsoo once again and felt her heart beating fastly. A sincere smile appeared on her face, because after Jongin left her, she thought she would never be able to love again. Until she meet Kyungsoo and he showed her that she could fall in love again.