❅ {chenjoo} Christmas Morning❅

ExoPink Oneshot Collection

Title: ❅Christmas Morning❅

Characters: Kim Namjoo and Kim Jongdae (Chen)

Pairing(s): Chen x Namjoo (main)

Genre: Romance


That morning, Namjoo yawned and stretched her arms when she woke up, but didn't get up from bed. She laid in bed with her eyes opened for a while and then looked to her side. It was empty and she couldn't help but feel lonely. She sighed as she finally got up from her bed. She then walked towards the window to open the curtains and a smile appeared on her face when she saw the ground covered in white. 

After a few seconds of just standing there watching the snow, realization finally hit her and her eyes widened suddenly. It was Christmas morning and she was just lazily standing there. She was excited at first, but the smile that was previously in her face faded away. It was Christmas and she was alone.

Suddenly memories of her childhood days came to her mind and it made her smile faintly. When she was a kid, Christmas mornings were the most exciting time of the year for her. She would wake up early in the morning with the smell of freshly made hot chocolate and she would come running down the stairs, just to greeted by her parents that were already there. A few minutes later, her older brother Joonmyun would come running as well, just as excited as her and then they would sat down on the couch to open presents and drink hot chocolate. 

When she grew up and was old enough to live on her own, she moved out of her parents house. She lived on her own until she met Kim Jongdae, an outgoing and funny guy who was only three years older than her and that stole her heart. They started dating and after sometime moved together. They loved each other very much and Christmas mornings next to Jongdae, were just as perfect as her childhood days.

Jongdae would wake up earlier than her and he would make hot chocolate for both of them. He would somehow manage to hide her present until that day every year and Namjoo still couldn't understand how he could do it. And when Namjoo woke up, she would then walk down the stairs greet Jongdae with a kiss under a mistletoe and then open presents as the cuddled in the couch, drinking hot chocolate. If the weather was good, they would then walk out and play in the snow and if it wasn't, they would just stay inside all day, cuddling in the couch by the fireplace.

Namjoo smiled faintly and then let out a sigh. It all changed when Jongdae won an scholarship to study abroad and left. He would come to visit her on vacations, but it was not the same than having her with her every day. She missed him like crazy. She missed his dorkiness, she missed his bad jokes, she missed waking up next to him... she simply missed him.

"Merry Christmas Kim Namjoo" she said to herself and then sighed sadly once again "I wish you were here Jongdae oppa"

She then walked out of her room and as she was about to walk down the stairs, something caught her attention. She frowned suddenly when caught that familiar scent. It was the smell of freshly made hot chocolate. Was that even possible? Or was it just her delusional mind?

Her heart started beating faster as she ran down the stairs. She inmediately went to the kitchen and she felt as if her heart would come out the moment she stepped inside. However, she saw no one there. Her heart suddenly fell. There was no one in the kitchen, but the lingering scent of chocolate still remained in the air. Namjoo frowned once again as she walked out of the kitchen.

"Hello? Is anybody home?" she assked and felt rather silly for asking that on her own house. At first she hoped it could be Jongdae, but since didn't see him there, she felt disappointed. Maybe it was not Jongdae and it was her mom that wanted to suprise her... or maybe her brother and his wife had come to vist her, knowing that she was alone that day. But why would they hide from her?

She walked to the living room and stared at the gigant tree that was there. Everything seemed normal, except for the fact that she didn't remember putting so many presents underneath the Christmas tree.

"Merry Christmas my love" her heart suddenly skipped a beat when she heard that familiar voice. She turned around in an instant and was shocked to see him there, standing by the door with his perfect smile. It seemed surreal to her and she was still too shocked too react. When he saw no reaction from her, he pouted. "Aren't you happy to see me?"

"Damn you Kim Jongdae!" she yelled as tears suddenly rolled down her eyes. She then ran towards his arms and hugged her tightly. It was as if Namjoo still couldn't believe that Jongdae was there, so she hugged him even tighter, just to make sure that he was indeed real. "How can you act so normal when I haven't seen you in such a long time!"

Jongdae just chuckled and then caressed her hair softly and rested his chin on her head as he breathed on her scent. He had missed her so damn much and words weren't enough to explain that.

"I missed you so much Namjoo" he said still hugging her tightly

"I missed you too, Jongdae oppa" she said as she sobbed because of happiness in his chest "You don't know how much"

They pulled apart and Jongdae cupped her face, before wiping the tears away from her. He smiled sweetly towards her and she smiled back. He then leaned forward and gave her a sweet, but long kiss. Namjoo then chuckled.

"You cheated, there was no mistletoe around" she said and Jongdae chuckled as well

"I didn't need it, I just wanted to kiss you" he said "Want some chocolate?"

Namjoo smiled and nodded, before Jongdae took her hand and led her towards the couch. Words wouldn't express how happy she was to see Jongdae once again and to have him there by her side. 

"When did you arrive?" she asked him with curiosity as he handed her a cup of chocolate that was still warm

"Last night" he said with his playful smile and her eyes widened

"What?!" she asked "Why didn't you wake me up?! And why did you enter like burglar?!"

Jongdae could only chuckle at her questions.

"I wanted to surprise you and it was late when I arrived, so I wanted to let you sleep a bit" he said. He then wrapped an arm around her shoulder and pulled her closer as she rested her head on his chest. They remained in silence for a while, simply drinking their chocolate, until Namjoo finally spoke.

"When do you have to go back?" she asked, feeling kind of sad. She didn't want to have her hopes up, because she knew he lived abroad so he would probably have to leave soon.

"Well, if you don't mind I'm planning to move back to his house" he suddenly said and her eyes widened in shock once again. She almost spitted her drink due to the shock this time.

"What?!" she asked and he laughed again at her reaction

"I already finished the course I was taking so I'm back for good" he said with a smile and Namjoo suddenly wrapped her arms around his neck and hugged him tightly. 

"Please tell you are not joking" she said, still not letting go of him. Jongdae smiled sweetly even if she couldn't see his face and hugged her back.

"Of course I wouldn't joke about something like this, my love" he said sweetly and Namjoo chuckled, feeling relieved. She then spotted a few bags in front of the door and mentally scolded herself for not having seen them before. Jongdae was staying for good and she couldn't be happier.

"Soo..." he said with a playful voice "Are you ready to see your gifts?"

"You are the best gift I could receive this Christmas morning" she said

Namjoo chuckled and then leaned in to give him another sweet kiss, making Jongdae smile brightly. Namjoo then rested her head on Jongdae 's chest and they enjoyed their hot chocolate, lazily lying on the couch the rest of the morning. It was because of this simple and yet endearing moments that Namjoo couldn't helpt but think that Christmas mornings with Jongdae by her side were definitely the best thing ever.