{surong} Fairytale Love

ExoPink Oneshot Collection

  

Title: Fairytale Love

Characters: Kim Joonmyun (Suho) and Park Chorong

Pairings: Suho x Chorong (main)

Genre: Romance/Angst


Her heart clenched the moment she saw him. She didn't even dare to look at him in the eyes, because she knew she could break at any second. She avoided his gaze, looking away inmediately and not noticing the longing gaze he gave her. He could smile, he always did. But it was a smile that never reached his eyes. It seemed like a game for the two, like an unspoken agreement. His longing stares and her sad gazes. Their eyes that never dared to meet each other.

It was all in the past, Chorong knew. He probably had buried her deep down in his memory a long time ago and she couldn't blame him. However, she couldn't help but miss him. Miss his smile, miss his kisses, miss his touch. Their love used to be like a fairytale story, perfectly imperfect in its own way. But being idols made it difficult for them. She couldn't stand the hatred and she couldn't stand not being able to see him due to the schedules. It was sad to think that their story ended that way, that their love for each other was wasted that way. They were so in love that they thought their love could withstand everything. She hated to think that she was wrong... that fairytales did not always have a happy ending. 

"Unnie, are you okay?" Bomi's voice snapped her out her thoughts. She looked at her fellow member and smiled, a smile that didn't reach her eyes.  A smile that was not genuine.

"I'm fine, let's go" she said, trying to sound cheerful. Bomi had noticed long ago, she wasn't stupid, but she let it slip. Because if Chorong wanted to pretend that nothing was wrong, all they could do to support their leader was to pretend that they didn't know anything. She wished she could help though, but she knew she couldn't. 

 

Baekhyun knew from the moment they got off the stage, that something was wrong with his leader. His gaze was lost and his mind seemed to be very far away from them. Baekhyun was not stupid, he knew about his past relationship with Apink's leader, he just never asked because he knew it wasn't of his business. He never asked how it started or how it ended, he just knew Joonmyun wasn't completely over it.

"Hyung" Baekhyun called. The older one snapped out of his thoughts and turned to look at him "Are you okay?"

"Yeah" he simply said. However, trying to convice Baekhyun that he was alright was useless. He knew better and the hesitation in his voice gave him away. Joonmyun tried to make it better with a smile, but it only convinced him even more that he was not okay. 

Joonmyun dreaded to think about what it could have been, of what they could have had. He hated to think that they didn't fight for it, like the should have... that she didn't want to fight for it like he did. He could blame her, but somehow he knew he was at fault too, because he wasn't able to protect her like he should have. Their love used to be like a fairytale story. They used to be so happy, it was surreal. Everytime he saw her or everytime he thought of her, he could feel his heart about to explode of happiness. Everything was so perfect it was scary. Joonmyun couldn't have been able to ask for more back then. However, that perfection was just simply delusion. Because happy endings did not exist. At least not in their story.

 

She still loved him, but their love would only remain as a beautiful memory in her mind and in her heart. He still loved her, but he accepted that it was over and he was going to try to move on, even he knew it was going to be very difficult. It was sad to think that such a beautiful fairytale story had such a tragical ending. They both accepted that it was over and that there was no turning back. 

However, those not so subtle glances and longing gazes they threw each other everytime they stood in the same place, could only mean that their story was not over yet, and that it probably never would. Because Joonmyun still looked at her everytime he thought she wasn't looking and because Chorong still looked at him with hope in her heart, but would never admit it. People said that great love stories did not have an ending and theirs probably still hadn't ended yet, because they could lie to themselves and to everyone else, but the look in their eyes couldn't.