{kaieun} Mine

ExoPink Oneshot Collection

Title: Mine

Characters: Kim Jongin (Kai), Son Naeun and Lee Taemin(Shinee)

Pairing(s): Kai x Naeun (main), Taemin x Naeun (side)

Genre: Angst/ Romance


Jongin sat on the couch expressionless as he tightly gripped on the envelope he had on his hands. His hands were still shaky and he couldn't think straight. He had just opened and read it and he still couldn't get over the initial shock. 

 

Lee Taemin & Son Naeun

We are delighted to invite you to our wedding

 

The words still buzzed in his head like bees and he suddenly felt as if he was unable to breath. His heart ached and he didn't know how to cope with the pain. He gripped on his shirt, just where his heart was, and let out all the tears of pain he had been holding back. The man he once considered his best friend was soon, getting married to the person he loved the most.

No matter how much he cried, the pain wouldn't go away. He never stopped loving her and he regretted letting her go. If only he hadn't let her go... if only he had held her back... maybe she would still be his. 

 

:Flashback:

Two young teenagers walked in the park holding hands. The sun was already setting, making the view even more beautiful. The tall tanned boy smiled at his girlfriend, before planting a soft kiss on her cheek. She blushed slightly but then smiled.

"I love you, Naeun" he said softly. His eyes shimmered and were completely sincere.

"I love you too Jongin oppa" she said smiling. She then leaned forward about to give him a peck on the cheek, when he suddenly turned his face and they ended up kissing on the lips. Naeun pulled away slightly flustered and Jongin smirked. He loved to do that to her because he loved it when she blushed.

"Promise me you'll never leave my side" Naeun said and he smiled 

"I promise" he said

**

"I love her too, Kai" The guy with milky skin told his best friend. It took him time to process the information. His best friend was telling him that he was in love with his girl?

"She is with me, can't you respect that?" Jongin asked annoyed

"I know that buddy, I'm just letting you know" he said and Jongin couldn't help but still feel uneasy about his friend's confession. "I know she is yours and I'm not going to steal her from you"

Jongin thought that everything would be fine, but he was wrong. Because ever since Taemin told him he was in love with Naeun too, nothing was the same between the two friends. The two became distant and slowly, stopped talking to each other.

:End of flashback:

 

More tears rolled down his cheeks as all those memories came back to his mind. He had promised Naeun that he would always be by her side and yet, he broke his promise. Not because he wanted, but because he had to. He felt that he had to. Because Taemin started to fall into depression and he couldn't bare to see him like this. Even if they were no longer friends, Jongin couldn't bare to see Taemin slowly being dragged by darkness. That's why he took the hardest decision on his life: he broke up with her.

He still remembered the tears that fell from Naeun's eyes when he told her he wanted to break up. He still remembered how much he wanted to hug her tightly and not let her go, but he couldn't do so. He never told her why he took that sudden decision, though. They grew apart and until the present, she still believed he had fallen out of love. When in reality, he never did.

When some years later after they broke up, he found out they were dating, he could only smile bitterly. He noticed that Taemin was being the same again and that Naeun was happy, so he thought maybe his sacrifice was worth it. He never imagined how much it would hurt to see them together, though.

****

The wedding march sounded as he stood outside of the curch, watching the girl he loved walking down the aisle holding onto his best friend's arm. She looked stunning in that beautiful white dress and it reminded him of the times they both dreamed and talked about their wedding day. Jongin knew that that was how Naeun had imagined her dress and that was how he had imagined she would look. What he didn't imagine was that he wouldn't be the groom.

Tears started to fall from his eyes as he watched them. There was and unexplainable pain in his heart and he didn't know how to make it go away. He knew he shouldn't have gone to their wedding, but he couldn't help it. He had to see her, even if it was one last time.

"If someone knows a reason why this wedding should not go on, speak now or forever hold your preach" the preacher said and Jongin felt the dessire to run inside the church and stop wedding. He wanted to yell that she was his and that he never stopped loving her.

"Well, if no one..." 

"Wait" someone interrupted him and everyone gasped surprised. Jongin's eyes widened in shock and his heart beated faster when he noticed that the person that had stopped the wedding, was Naeun herself.

"I can't do this" she said looking down and then at Taemin "I'm sorry Taemin, but I never loved you"

"Your heart always belonged to Jongin" he said with sad eyes, but still, he managed to smile "I understand"

"I'm sorry" she said once again and ran out of the church while everyone mumbled and gasped. Naeun ran way, without looking back and when she was finally out of the church, she was shocked to see Jongin there.

"J-Jongin" she said stuttering as she couldn't believe her eyes. Her heart beated faster and she suddenly felt the desire to cry. "What are you doing here?"

Naeun expected an answer, but instead, he pulled her into a tight embrace. She was shocked, but she hugged him back. 

"I'm so sorry Naeun..." he said "I should have never let you"

Naeun couldn't help the tears anymore and she suddenly started crying as well. Words couldn't explain how hurt she had been and how much she had missed him. 

"I never stopped loving you" he said 

"Me neither" she said softly. Time seemed to have stopped in that moment. No more words were needed after that. They just knew they belonged with each other and they always did. He was hers and she was his, and that was all that mattered to them.