{hanjoo} Should've Known

ExoPink Oneshot Collection

Title: Should've Known

Characters: Kim Namjoo and Lu Han

Pairings: Luhan x Namjoo (main)

Genre: Angst


She should have known something was off. 

She should have known by the way his smile slowly faded away and became forced. She should have know by the way his eyes looked so tired, She should have known when he stopped wanting to go out with her... that something was wrong.

That morning Namjoo saw him. She asked him if he wanted to go and grab some breakfast with her, he agreed. They went for coffee and pancakes and then strolled around the park quietly. Namjoo turned her gaze towards Luhan, who seemed quieter than ever and her heart fell. He no longer had that spark on his eyes, Instead, his eyes looked so tired. 

"Are you okay?" she asked him worried and he smiled towards her, a smile that seemed a little bit too forced,

"I'm fine" Luhan said and patted her head slightly, with a faint smile on his face "Just a little bit tired"

Namjoo decided to believe him and didn't press the matter any further. For the rest of the afternoon, they continued their date quietly. Namjoo caught him drifting off from time to time, but didn't say anything. She kept quiet as he heart broke a little more everytime.

Luhan drove Namjoo back to her dorm that night and say goodbye to her with a small peck on the forehead. He then waved at he with a faint smile on his face and promised he would call her later,

Namjoo waited all night, but needless to say... his call never arrived.

The next day, she was determined to talk to him and make him explain. However, she was stopped when she heard the news that broke her heart into little pieces...

Luhan had left.

And it all made sense in that moment. Those tired eyes, those forced smiles... everything.

Namjoo should've known from the beginning. She was his girlfriend after all. She should've known he was tired. She should've known he was no longer happy with the life he had chosen. She should've known he wanted it to end. 

She should've known something was wrong with him, but she didn't.