Chapter 9

My Invisible Husband

 

     “Miss Kim Sunju, don’t forget, this coming Friday, removal examination. Okay?”

 

     “Yes Sir. Thank you for reminding.” I replied and bowed before the leaving the room.

 

     Ugh. I remembered that one. *sobs* Now I’ll engage myself to studying again. I’m really hoping I will pass this time. I swear I don’t want to take the same test again and again.

 

     “Sunju!” Na Rae linked her arms to mine after she saw me jolting down the corridor. “Oooh, what’s with the mood?”

 

     “Eobseoyo.” I faked a smile for her not to worry.

 

     “You sure?”

 

     I nodded and smiled wider. “Yes.”

 

     “Anyways, can you come with me at the mall? I need to buy a nice dress for our date.” She said, her eyes glowing and she was squealing during the process.

 

     “Uh? Why me? You know I don’t have a ‘common’ sense about fashion." I said, narrowing my brows in disagreement.

 

     “But it doesn’t matter. You know I don’t care about that at all. I just feel really comfortable being with you.” She protested, pity present on her eyes. She’s trying to show me an aegyo.

 

     “Okaaay. I give up, Na Rae. You know I can’t resist that.” I said and puffed.

 

     “Yay!” a big smile appeared on her face and she instantly gave me a suffocating embrace. “Hajima!” I said and she backed off. So cute.

 

 -----------------------------------

     “Sunju, where are you going?” Chanyeol’s throwing me questions again.

 

     “I’ll finish doing my homework at school.”

 

     “But students aren’t allowed to go to school during these hours, right?”

 

     I shrugged. “ Perhaps. But I got my I.D. so I think I can.”

 

     “Oh.” He mouthed after he found out he lost this conversation. I then left and rode a bus to arrive at the said mall Na Rae and I have decided where to meet.

 

     “Sunjuuuu!” she squealed and hugged me tightly as soon as I got down from the bus. This girl. It’s like we haven’t seen each other for years.

 

     So yeah we searched for the best dresses that satisfy her standards. She doesn't care about the price at all. She just wanted to have the best outfit she can buy for their date.

 

     Every month she does this. But still I'm not used to it.

 

     I'm sure after this shopping we will head to the bakery. She loves pastries so much and I don't know why.

 

     “I prefer cinnamon rolls tonight” she stated, a smile creeping on her small face.

 

     After the long night we decided to go home now since she said she's already sleepy.

 

 

 

     When I got home again I noticed that Chanyeol was busy in the kitchen. What is he cooking this time? I sneaked in the kitchen and silently watched him cooking.

 

     “I know you're there.” he suddenly spoke. I cleared my throat and stood straight. “What are you cooking?”

 

     “Hmm, red curry beef?” he smiled and continued what he was doing.

 

     Oh~ the aroma. It smells really good.

 

     I sat on the couch, acting as if I wasn't hungry. Just then my stomach grumbled. I cursed myself as I tried to control the noise my stomach creates. The room was quiet and so the annoying sound would be audible, so I sang a random song.

 

     “You're hungry.”

 

     “I'm not.” I answered back frustrated.

 

     Then I heard him laugh.

 

     I haven't eaten any meals yet, and it's already 9pm. Basically I'm really hungry.

 

     After a few minutes, I felt like my eyes are heavy that I just wanted to sleep.

 

     “Dinner's ready!” he shouted and it made mt open my eyes in an instant.

 

     Thank God he's done.

 

     I sat and started to get a spoonful of what he cooked. I forgot he was there, watching me.

 

     “S-Sorry.” I stuttered and bowed my head down. Shame on me.

 

     “It's okay. I understand.” he said and went to the living room. I was confused on why he didn't take a seat and eat too.

 

     “Chanyeol-ahh, you won't … you know …. join me... here?”

 

     He shook his head. “That's for you. I'm done.” he said and got back his attention on watching a TV show.

 

     Where the heck did he eat? And I'm supposed to ask him why he's becoming sheepish towards me.