Chapter 1

My Invisible Husband

 

      "I'm sorry, Miss Kim, you failed the examination. Therefore you have to retake it again next Friday, 5pm."  Those awful words are hard to accept keeps on ringing inside my head. I studied the whole week so I expected to get at least a passing grade. But all I got was 70%. Failure. Disgusting.

 

     Walking down the lonely sidewalk which I thought has no end; I set myself, remembering the hardships I had last week. I took a leave of absence at the cafeteria where I've worked just to have enough time to study. I skipped music practice for two days to stay in the library and review my notes. Really gruesome.

 

     "Ouch." I mouthed as a small thing hit the back of my head. I looked around wondering where it came from, but no one was there, except me. No one; just tall trees. I stooped down, and I found out it was a little red box that hit me. I took it, curious of what's inside the box.

 

     "Ring?" I raised my brow. pfft. I can guess what happened. I chuckled at what I was thinking that happened. Maybe that lady doesn't love the man, or maybe she truly hated that man; or maybe a couple just ended their relationship. How sad. But I'm relieved I'm not just the only one who's sad on that day. I looked at the ring closer. It's not an ordinary ring; it's so eye-blinding. And it's a lemniscate ring. I removed it from the box and casually wore it on ring finger. It fits my finger well. Wow. It looked nice on my finger. The ring is cool in the first place.

 

     A beep of a car allowed me to get back to my senses. I stood up and fixed myself. I took off the ring; but only getting hooked on removing it. I tried to pull it again but I can't really take it off anymore. I softly cursed the ring; but no matter how I tried, it's hard to remove. A group of students arrived at my direction where I was and so I decided to just walk while exerting my force on removing this ring. And it starts to hurt my finger.

 

     I headed to the kitchen as soon as I arrived home. Taking the knife I pointed it on the ring, trying to pin it so that it can free from my finger. But the sharp point accidentally landed on my skin and it gradually created a cut, and blood immediately came out.

 

     "Ouch!" Before I could utter that word a voice already mouthed it. That certain voice came from my living room; and I'm sure of it. I anxiously headed to the living room and got surprised to see a tall ... guy ... in white. Jaws-dropped, I just stood there, staring at him, who was gripping his right arm.

 

     "Who-"

 

     "Ya, what did you do to my ring?!" his deep voice sent me shivers.

 

     "Ring?"

 

     "Yah!" he stuttered and held my hand up. He was surprised to see blood dripping from my fingers. "Omo~" he quickly pressed the cut on my finger to avoid the blood from coming out.

 

     "Ya!" I angrily get my hand off.

 

     "Ya! Give me my ring back ! I-It's not for you!" He replied back, almost shouting. He looked really mad; no joke.

 

     I extended my hand out, also feeling irritated, "If you can, then get it!"

 

     "Aish! Now I have to wait for six months!" He blurted out, then all of a sudden he covered his mouth, as if he mistakenly said something.

 

     "Six months?!" I shouted, not feeling some pain on my finger for a while, "Now what do you mean by that?!"

 

     He whined, throwing tantrums in front of me like an idiot. "You're stupid! You mindlessly wore that ring on your finger! Now what have you done?! I'm officially married to a complete stranger!"

 

     "Married?" Now I'm confused. What is he talking about? And why is he telling me those? He scratched the back of his head, obviously frustrated with all of questions. "Oh God, I'm scarred for life." he mumbled, but it was audible.

 

     All of a sudden he grabbed my hand and frantically pulled the ring out of my finger. "Ouch!" I repeatedly groaned as he continuously grabbed the ring, but to no avail. I slapped his hands and pushed him. "Mitchyeoseo?!" I gently rubbed my finger which was still hurting.

 

    He cried in front of me. Tears literally fell out from his eyes. This soft-hearted man is killing me with his child-like attitude. "Ya... Don't worry. I will remove this ring as soon as I can."

 

     "No need." he gently spoke. He exhaled and took my hand. He placed his hand beside mine, showing me the ring he wears. It has the same features with the ring in my hand. "You're now my wife, unfortunately."

 

     My eyes widened and I immediately stepped back, "Mwo?! W-Wife?!" I stammered at the statement. Wife. Such a broad word. I'm still young; and I'm still attending school. And I already have a husband. Whom I don't know. Even his name. Oh gosh. These consecutive bad lucks are ruining my life.

 

     He rubbed his forehead, probably having a hard time how to explain. Well, I'm totally confused. Is this a bad dream? Maybe I can wake up now. Husband. I have a husband in an instant. Great.

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry if the first chapter's long ! The next chapters are shorter, so please anticipate ! Thank you ! :)