Chapter 20

My Invisible Husband

 

     I stumbled over a pile of books when I was on my way to the kitchen. I stooped down, only to find three thick encyclopedias. Why are these here? I remembered I hid them on my big drawer!

 

     Aish. Park Chanyeol.

 

     “Sunju, I’m sorry, I was just-“

 

     What’s that on his face?

 

     “Wait.” I neared him and took a closer look at his… bleeding check?!

 

     I immediately took out my kit and put a band-aid on his check. I was freaking surprised because he just laughed.

 

     “Ya, Sunju-sshi, thanks but that doesn’t hurt.”

 

     What does he mean it doesn’t hurt? I ignored what he said and continued to press the cut to avoid it from bleeding. Abruptly he held my hand and put it down.

 

     I felt that mysterious current flowing in my body again.

 

     “I’m fine.” He smiled.

 

     Ugh… what was I thinking?! I should not let this strange feeling rule me.

 

     “Err…. You’d look creepy if I won’t put bandage on you bleeding cheek idiot.”

 

     “Oh.” He chuckled. “You’re right.”

 

     “Now just fix these.” He’s making my unit messy.

 

     The whole day I stayed in my bedroom, feeling totally tired because of nothing. That feeling of procrastination…. Ugh. I have a lot of reports to do but I’m really not in mood. I could just ruin my ideas. Meanwhile, Chanyeol was just passing through the walls, as if playing. He was singing while he was doing that. And he has a nice voice, but I’m annoyed. But I don’t have the courage to let him stop. My body’s weary. Aww. I think I just want to sleep forever.

 

     Chanyeol abruptly touched my forehead and it made me glare at him.

 

     “You’re not sick.” He furrowed his brows.

   

     “But I feel tired.” I said and covered my face with a pillow. I then felt my bed sinking and when I peeked, I saw him sit on my bed. That’s when I realized he was already grabbing the pillow.

 

     “You can’t stay like that, Sunju.” He said.

 

     “And what do you care?”

 

     “Because….” He paused and pursed his lips. “Because…” then he faced me, “It’s because I’m hungry! And I want to eat!” he cried.

 

     I raised my brow. “Go get yourself something. How come you’d prepared food during Christmas and now you’re starving?” Go now and explain, Mister.

 

     “That was my wish you know! Every Christmas I’m given a wish, and this year, that was my wish!”

 

     Tch. Nice one. But you can’t fool me.

 

     “Do you think I’m stupid? You think I believe those? If that was the case, then you should’ve wished you can remove this ring.” I said and raised my hand, showing the ring.

 

     “But that’s beyond the limit!” he protested.

 

     “A wish is a wish. There are no limits.” I replied, glaring at him.

 

     He also glared back at me. Finally, he stood up and sat on the couch at the foot of my bed, his back facing me.

 

     Okay. I lied back and continued on cuddling my pillow.

 

     I don’t care if he’s hungry. I’m not hungry anyways.

 

     “I’m hungry.” He mumbled but I heard it.

 

     Go starve yourself. I already know your hidden skills but you’re still trying to hide it. Wow Chanyeol. Clap clap.

 

     My phone rang all of a sudden.

 

     “Sunju.”

 

     “Sunbae.”

 

     “Are you feeling fine now? Can you come here at the cafeteria? You see I should not disturb you but there are already a lot of customers here. Himchan and I are the only workers here.”

 

     I got up immediately and went to open my cabinet. Probably I’ve got a reason to leave this place.

 

     “Yes, Sunbae. I’ll be on my way there.”

 

     “Where are you going?” he asked.

 

     “Work.” I was about to take my clothes off when I suddenly remembered he was there.

 

     “Chanyeol-sshi…”

 

     “Oh.” He went out but before he could finally get out, he took one of my favorite books. “Let me borrow this one.”

 

     Sigh.