Chapter 17

My Invisible Husband

 

     “Na Rae said it’s …. Myungdong Apartment and you’re in room 519?”

 

     He’s right. My mouth had already dried.

 

     I never thought this would be hard.

 

     “Sunju? Are you still there?”

 

     I nodded. But hell, he can’t see me. No sound would come out from my mouth. My heart beats abnormally like it would come out from my ribcage.

 

     “Kyungsoo-ahh.”

 

     “Hmmm?”

 

     “Uh…. Uh… Actually I’d really want to come … but…” How can I say this … “But…” What will I say? Should I say ‘Kyungsoo, I’m sorry but I’m not going, Chanyeol’s here.’ Then he would ask who is Chanyeol. Aish -_-

 

     “Kyungsoo, I-“

 

     Exhale.

 

     “I’ll be on my way there.”

 

     I wore my coat back and went to the living room, where Chanyeol was standing, looking at me.

 

     “A-I’m sorry, Chanyeol-sshi..” ugh.. “I promise I’ll be back before midnight.”

 

     “Jinjja?!” a wider smile formed on his lips.

 

     I nodded in response. Sigh. Why did I even say those words.

 

     He pushed me all the way out, “Go now. Palli! I’ll prepare something!”

 

     Something?

 

     “How would-“

 

     He already slammed the door. Aish. I just ran towards the elevator. I have to meet Kyungsoo now. I don’t want to let him wait longer.

 

     -------------------------------------

 

     I was surprised to see all of our group mates in the living room, so happy chatting with each other, like they haven’t seen each other for years.

 

     “Noona! “ Junghong greeted me with a little gift in his hands.

 

     “Ooooh, what’s this?” I excitedly opened the box and I found a silver bracelet with a silver blue bunny.

 

     “Gomawo!” I then gave him a sisterly hug. No wonder, he already confessed to me before that he likes me very much and even wanted me to be his real sister.

 

          Na Rae was also there; together with Baekhyun of course. I bet these two are inseparable. Our brain Youngjae was also there, together with Eunkwang, Hyeyoung, Minyeon, and Luhan, the Chinese boy.

 

     We directed to the dining room where delicious foods were prepared.

  

     “Minyeon and I prepared these. We hope you’ll like it.” Hyeyoung said as she beamed to us. We clapped out hands in hullabaloo! 

 

     While we were having a good time talking during dinner, someone knocked at the door. We all paused, and we saw Kyungsoo smile.

 

     “She’s here.”

 

     Who?

 

     Kyungsoo said she’s already here. Who is she?

 

     Kyungsoo stood up leaving us wondering. And me? I’m thinking about Chanyeol all of a sudden. He said he’ll prepare something but it leaves me confused on how would he do that when he can’t even be seen by other people?

 

     Kyungsoo was back together with a very beautiful lady. She has long black hair, and her outfit was perfect for her, her body shape is visible, she’s y.

 

     “Hyung! Who is she?” Junhong didn’t control his excitement and blurted those words.

 

     “Everybody, meet me future wife, Kim Soo Ran.”

 

     Wife.

 

     Future wife.

 

     I stared at her. Kyungsoo’s future wife.

 

     Future wife.

 

     My mind kept on repeating that phrase even if it already hurts. I had no idea he’s already destined to someone. And I must admit they look perfect.

 

     Ouch.

 

     If that’s the case, then what does he mean when he said I’m cute?

 

     Babo, Sunjae. That was just a friendly compliment.

 

     “Annyeong Haseyo.” The lady bowed and showed us a breathtaking smile.

 

     Everybody greeted her in reply. Even me.

 

     Oh come on, Sunju. Don’t act unethical here. You’re already immune with the feeling of being hurt. No one knows you have a crush on Kyungsoo. Only yourself.

 

     Sooran sat beside me. Oh gosh. She’s pretty and I’m attracted!

 

      After we ate dinner we stayed in the living room for the rest of the night. I volunteered myself to wash the dishes because I know this couple will be interviewed and maybe I can’t control myself, but Na Rae insisted she wanted to do the task with Baekhyun. So I ended up sitting here beside Junhong who is busy playing with his PSP. I acted as if I’m watching Junhong while eavesdropping at the conversations the others have. Luhan’s interrogating the couple.

 

     “Sunju!”

 

     Ugh. Luhan I hate you for calling me.

 

     “Yes?”

 

     “What do you think of them?”

 

     “Oh, they look good!” Straightforward. And I forced myself to look at them!

 

     My eyes hurt.

 

     -------------------------

 

     It’s already 10:30 pm.

 

     10:30 pm!

 

     Everybody was having fun when I suddenly remembered what I said to Chanyeol. I immediately stood up and approached them. Hyu~ I have a reason to leave. Thank God.

 

     After I told them that I’ll be leaving… Oh yeah Kyungsoo offered to drive me home. I rejected it of course. In a respectful way. I don’t want to have an awkward moment with him nonetheless.

 

     I’m the only one who thinks it’s awkward.

 

     Poor me.