Chapter 59

My Invisible Husband

 

     My parents and I decides that I'll be going home during weekends, so they let me move into a more convenient place, a boarding house which is just minutes away from school. 
 


     And gladly it was found on the same road where Kyungsoo walks on his way home. He agreed to walk me home anytime. 
 


     "Ms. Kim Sunju!" My favorite professor who failed me (I didn’t mean it in a sarcastic way) greeted me with a wide smile on his face. It's like I haven’t seen him for months. I missed school so much. I missed studying and interacting with my schoolmates. I missed the snacks. I missed the singing practices. I missed some of my professors. I missed the lectures. I missed watching the sports, the soccer and basketball team. 

 

     The heck Sunju you were only gone for three weeks don’t overact. 

 

     "Since you were not around for three straight weeks, you will be doing a special project alone... but you must promise me you didn’t forget the past lessons." He said. 

 

      I laughed and bowed. After that, I raised my right hand and uttered the words. "I didn’t forget a single thing that is related with automobile repair." 

 

     "Good." Professor said and handed me the list of tasks. 

 

     "I just hope you won’t fail again this time." He said and I nodded. 
 

 

     "I will do my best, Sir." 

 

      --- 

 

     "Sunju-yah, I need you here at the cafeteria." Yongguk sunbae called. Glad my class ends early today, so I told him I'll be there in a few minutes. 

 

     On my way to the bus stop, I abruptly stepped on something. I took it, a tiny box. At that instant moment, a scene came right into my mind, that I took what inside, which I think is a ring, and wore it on my hand. 

 

     But I didn’t do what was on my mind. 

 

     I passed by this time a lot of times already, and I can feel something memorable really happened here; but unfortunately it was out of my memory. 

 

     A tap on my shoulder woke me up from my thoughts. "Hello Miss. I'm supposed to ask you if you own that thing you're holding." He gave me a small smile, intended for strangers like me. I faced him and handed him the tiny box. "That's not mine." 

 

     He took it from my hands and bowed and uttered "Thanks." before he left. 

 

     The thought was still in my mind. 

 

     The real question was how did a thought like that came into my mind? I wasn’t supposed to think that way but something's really bothering me. 

 

     What has really happened here? 

 

     Ugh maybe I'm just over thinking. I slept for days, you know. Maybe my brain made up a lot of things during that time.

 

- End