Chapter 29

My Invisible Husband

 

     “Singing competition? Oooh I would love to watch that!” Himchan oppa said as he was fixing the utensils. All of us are closing the cafeteria because it was already late. I shared to them that I’ll be joining a singing competition and I want them to … support me. Hehehe.

 

     “When is that?”

 

     “Tuesday.”

 

      “Mwo?!”

 

     “Waeyo sunbae?”

 

     “That’s my day-off. I have to go home to my province.” He said, hesitation filling his face.

 

     “Oh?”

 

     “Nado.” Himchan oppa nodded.

 

     “Waeyo?” this time I feel sad. Aigoo. Who will be there for me? If only I have my family here.

 

     “I … I have an important appointment on that day.”

 

     “Geudae.” I showed a fake smile and sighed.

 

     “I’m sorry dongsaeng-ahh… but… we’ll pray for you to win. If you win or not, we’ll celebrate. Is that okay?”

 

     I nodded, even though I know there’s a very tiny chance that I will win.

 

     Then both of them sang an encouraging song for me. How cute.

 

 

     For days we had our consecutive practices for the upcoming competition. Gladly, we had improved our singing. We do the gestures; we had the right expressions and feelings while singing our part.

 

     “Now how was that?” Kyungsoo asked me as he was taking a rest beside me. We both had a good time while practicing, feeling every round was the final performance.

 

      I made a thumbs-up gesture as I smiled. “Cool.”

 

     “Yeah. I hope we’ll do good next week.”

 

     I nodded and chuckled.

 

     “Kyungsoo.”

 

     He faced me lightly.

 

      “Where’s Sooran?.. I-I’m sorry, I-I was just curious. It’s just fine, right?” Aigoo.. My mouth really.. >.<

 

     He just chuckled and leaned on the backrest.

 

      I feel ashamed of what I said. I think I just changed the atmosphere here. I so hate myself.

 

     “She’s a busy person.” He said.

 

      That satisfied me. I think.

 

     “Why?”

 

      I immediately shook my head. “I-I was just wondering. I haven’t seen her since Christmas.” Aish. Lame Sunju. So lame. What do you care about Sooran, Sunju?!

 

     “Long distance relationship.”

 

     “Oh.” Close your mouth, Sunju. Zip it.

 

     “It’s already late.”

 

     “Yes. I almost forgot.” I stood up and headed at the main door which Kyungsoo opened for me.

 

     “I’ll drive you home.”

 

     “Eh? No need.”

 

     “Na~ I insist.”

 

     Okay. So that’s it. He drove me home. The atmosphere was really quiet. There’s no topic to talk about anyways.

 

     “Sunju… I was just curious about… that ring.” 

 

     This ring?

 

     I instantly hid my hand, “Oh. My parents gave me that one.”

 

     I glanced at him. What does he meant with that?

 

     “I mean… I never saw that ring before.”

 

     I then felt like my heart skipped a beat. How did he knew I didn’t have this ring before? Aigoo. Everyone has observed that Sunju. Don’t assume things. You’ll just hurt yourself.

 

     “Oh… Actually, they gave this to me last year. I just felt like wearing it now.”

 

     “Oh.” He nodded, contented with my explanation.

 

     We already arrived in front of the apartment and before I could go inside, he called me.

 

     “Yes?”

 

     He then approached me and gave me a friendly hug.

 

      Or was it really a friendly hug.

 

      A warm hug.

 

      “Keep safe, okay?”

 

     Yes, I will.

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Want some ''? Well, here you go. LOLOLOLOL peace yow!