Chapter 8

My Invisible Husband

 

 

     “Let’s go?” I stood up as he was done fixing himself. He wore the blue shirt which fit him well and the pants? It’s one foot below the knee then he paired it with brown slippers.

 

     I have no idea where those slippers came from.

 

     But hey. I must admit he really looked awesome.

 

     First time we will go out together. We will buy food supplies.

 

     “Now what will we buy for today?” I asked myself as I took a cart on the corner. I didn’t expect it will be audible enough for him to hear.

 

     “Uh, vegetables? Let’s make kimchi today.” He suggested which I highly objected.

 

     “I don’t like to eat vegetables.” I replied while we are on our way to the meat section. “But why? They’re delicious.”

 

     “Is that even asked? We have different taste you know.” I’m starting to change my mood again. Ugh. I was really annoyed with the question.

 

     “What do you want aside from vegetables?” I asked him as I took out a pack of beef from the freezer. I’m craving for beef today.

 

     “Hmm, anything you want for us to eat.”

 

     “Are you sure?”

 

     He nodded.

 

     “Okay. So we will have grilled beef for today.”

 

     A lady passed by us and she gave me a weird look. I lay my head down as we head to the chips section. Chanyeol just stayed behind me, not minding what I will choose.

 

     “What do you want?” I asked him again as he was looking for something that captured his attention.

 

     Just then another man gave me an eerie look again. What’s the problem with the people here? Is there something wrong?

 

      “We should pay these to the counter now.” I said and left the section with a little confused mind. Chanyeol just kept on following me. He’s like my tail.

 

     We arrived at my unit in less time. I just can’t imagine that he didn’t even bother to help me throughout the grocery.

 

     I prepared the ingredients on the kitchen table.

 

     “Sunju-yah, I’m sorry I didn’t help you with carrying those stuffs.” He sat on the opposite side and started to organize the ingredients. “You know, if I helped you, it’ll be like the bags are floating in the air.”

 

     I looked up. “What do you mean?”

 

     “They can’t see me. You’re the only one who can see me, since you’ve got the ring. Those people with third eye can only see my silhouette but the entire me.”

 

     “That’s what makes me unique.” He added with a smile.

 

     I feel so ashamed with what happened in the store. Now I get it why weir looks are being shot at me.

 

     He’s invisible.

 

     Screw you Park Chanyeol for telling it ON TIME.