Chapter 22

My Invisible Husband

 

 

     It’s already December 31. Gladly, I’m feeling a bit fine now. I found myself moving on from what happened. For the past days, Chanyeol was there to cheer me up, with his whining, singing, dancing, story-telling (LOL). He did it without any purpose. He didn’t know that those actions made me feel forget the pain I felt.

 

     We went to the grocery and as usual, I was the one who carried the bags. He chose the stuffs. I was getting used to the weird looks people gave at me.

 

     Chanyeol pushed me out of the kitchen.

 

     “Wae?”

 

     “Just stay there at the couch, okay? I’ll be preparing food.”

    

     “Aish.” I got frustrated but I had no choice.

 

     I the TV and watched a TV show. But I’m not a TV person really, so I just turned the television off and took a book from me collections. Now I found myself reading “Stainless Longganisa”, a Bob Ong book.

 

     I got bored after a few minutes, since it was already my second time reading that book, and now, Na Rae isn’t here and I can’t understand a single sentence. So I went to the kitchen to check how Chanyeol’s doing.

 

     “What’s that?” I asked as I was sneaking behind him. He was surprised to see me, “Aish, why did you come here?”

 

     So now he’s scolding me like a 5-year-old kid and forced me to stay away from the place. “Oh gosh Chanyeol, please. I want to know what you’re cooking.”

 

     “But I want to surprise you.”

 

     “I don’t like surprises.”  I blunted.

 

     He cursed and finally, he lets me stay in the kitchen.

 

     He looked so concentrated in cooking. And I found it attractive.

 

     Aish, Sunju be careful with your words.

 

     He must be a good cook.

 

     I erased the thoughts in my mind and approached him, “Let me help you.”

 

     “Slice the vegetables.”

 

     “Eh?”

 

     He faced me, “You want to help me? Slice the vegetables.”

 

     “Ya! Can’t you just.. Give me another task?!”

 

     “No.” he said straightly and went back to cooking.

 

     No choice again.

 

     After he finished cooking, he ordered me to get the utensils, to do this and that… Ugh. I’m like his maid here. He’s acting like a boss in my own place.

 

     A handsome boss.

 

     Aish what did I say again.

 

     “Food’s ready!” he said and clapped his hands. No wonder. He’s complimenting his self. He removed the apron and washed his hands.

 

     While eating he started to throw questions at me again.

 

     “Tell me Sunju. How’s your relationship with Kyungsoo going?”

 

     I choked. Where did he pick up that question?

 

     “I see. I’m sorry.” He said and slightly chuckled.

 

     I coughed and cursed at what he did.

 

     I insisted to do the dishes and he agreed with hesitation. Actually we just used a few plates so I told him to stay in the living room, since he did the cooking. I got the chance to push him out of the kitchen. Kkk~

 

     “It’s 10 minutes before New Year~” I chimed as I went back to the living room.

 

     He abruptly grabbed me and we went in front of the biggest window in my unit. He opened it and excitedly moved the couch, facing the window. He gripped my arm and we both sat on the couch. I don’t know what his plan is but amazingly I didn’t react.

 

     “Five, four, three, two, one. HAPPY NEW YEAR!” I raised my brows as he said those.

 

     And then I saw fireworks.

 

     The colorful lights brought life to the night sky. It’s already 2013.

 

     The apartment got noise after. But I didn’t mind. I was so amazed with the fireworks. I was astonished.

    

     I didn’t control myself to stand up and neared the window. I didn’t hear anything except the sound of the exploding fireworks outside. I was never glad about New Year, just now. Probably it’s my first time to celebrate since last year, when I went here in Seoul.

 

     Just then I felt someone grabbing me. It was Chanyeol, he grabbed me to his chest and he embraced me, rocking me side by side while I was in his arms.

 

     “Happy new year.” He whispered into my ear.

 

 

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Hello my lovely readers! I'm back! Thank you so much for your patience~ I love you all~ XDD 

PLUS! WHO AMONG OF YOU SAW THIS ONE?

 

 

 

 

Oooooooooooh~ Chanyeol, he's a very cute faboy right? XDD

HAPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE! ^_^